The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Wanted: Dog Chiropractor in Greenville, SC

Does anyone know of a good canine chiropractor in the Greenville area?

A friend of mine is experiencing some issues with her schnauzer and would love to work with a good chiropractor. The vet cannot find anything wrong and the change in movement is very subtle so she thinks that a vet who is also a chiropractor would be a sound next step.

The one recommended to her wants $210 for the initial appointment + any treatment . My chiropractor charged me $50 for an appointment and an adjustment but unfortunately is 3+ hours from greenville.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Feel free to PM if you don't want to post it publicly.

I don't know of any in that area but if you get stuck I can email my dog's chiropractor and ask if she can give a source for a reference.

She is a vet that does chiropractic, accupuncture, and other alternative treatments in addition to traditional veterinary practices. FWIW, she charges $150 for the initial appointment and $75 for each adjustment. I think $210 isn't necessarily outrageous for an initial appointment, but subsequent adjustments should be much less....

Is it a vet/chiro your friend was referred to call, or "just" a chiropractor?

Wow! I can't help with that area, but that's an INSANE amount of money! My dog sees a chiropractor and she only charges $20 an appointment!

Fingers crossed you find something close to home!

I'm always so surprised at how well my dog does after an appointment at the chiro. She walks out of the office a new dog! It's wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by S1969 View Post
    I don't know of any in that area but if you get stuck I can email my dog's chiropractor and ask if she can give a source for a reference.

She is a vet that does chiropractic, accupuncture, and other alternative treatments in addition to traditional veterinary practices. FWIW, she charges $150 for the initial appointment and $75 for each adjustment. I think $210 isn't necessarily outrageous for an initial appointment, but subsequent adjustments should be much less....

Is it a vet/chiro your friend was referred to call, or "just" a chiropractor?
    She gave me the individuals name and on the facebook page it states the individuals name followed by "DVM, LAc, CVA." So my understanding is that it is a vet who specializes in chiro work?

Quote Originally Posted by GraceLikeRain View Post
    She gave me the individuals name and on the facebook page it states the individuals name followed by "DVM, LAc, CVA." So my understanding is that it is a vet who specializes in chiro work?
    Yes, CVA is Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist; not sure what LAc is? Maybe Licensed Acupuncturist? Or something like that?

Too bad the price is so high...that seems weird. But I suppose it all depends on location and overhead...