The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Oh these are good!

Now I skiied 5 days in Aspen with the flu during a blinding snow storm, a whiteout. I learned how to feel the moguls with my feet! and I went straight back to the condo and passed out on the floor for 14 hrs, got back up and skiied again the next day and you want to know the craziest thing I've ever done for horses ..... give me a pad of paper!
    The truth is what you can get other people to believe.

-- Tommy Smothers

1 members found this post helpful.

I used to walk 5 miles to and from the barn every day after school through high school. On lesson days I'd bring my tall boots to school and keep them in my locker. It got a little better in college because it was only 4 miles and I had a bike. That said, the image of me riding my bike wearing tall boots, breeches and my riding helmet was apparently a sight to behold. I don't think anyone appreciates owning a truck as much as I do :-)

One of my lesson ponies kicked me (aiming for another horse) and broke my wrist. I continued with the lesson, helped my students untack (luckily it was the last lesson), went to a party at a client's house and then cleaned 20 stalls one handed the next day.

Had a horse not pick up it front end at a jump and get the top rail stuck in between his front legs. Front-flipped over and stepped on my face. Had blood coming out of my eye (cheekbone pierced the skin) and still got back on so he would be worried about the jump. Everyone else in the ring was freaking out :-P