The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Legal Helmets for Show Jumping

Are Pro II Skull Caps legal in Show Jumping, in lower levels, such as Starter and BN? I know it doesn't matter in many unrecognized one day events, because 90% of the time, you are in XC gear for show jumping. But what about in a recognized show?

As long as it's approved and a dark color, I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be legal.
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

it's always fine, william fox-pitt usually wears a skull cap for SJ too. i'm pretty sure the only rule is an approved helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloeryder View Post
    Are Pro II Skull Caps legal in Show Jumping, in lower levels, such as Starter and BN? I know it doesn't matter in many unrecognized one day events, because 90% of the time, you are in XC gear for show jumping. But what about in a recognized show?
    As long as it is ASTM/SEI approved, it is legal for show jumping.

If you wear a helmet cover, it should be black or blue. If you don't wear a cover, the helmet itself can be any color.

At 90% of the RECOGNIZED HT I go to, " you are in XC gear for show jumping". In that case, the "black or blue helmet cover" is generally winked at.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

Perfect thank you!