The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

Default First non-dressage lesson in AGES!!

Signed up for group lesson/clinic this past Saturday with Nad Noon in Richmond. Plan was to take Spider, the 10yo project mare but she came out ouchy on Friday so plan b ... take her 9yo project sister, Shirley, but since she hasn't been in much of any kind of work for quite a while on the chance that she doesn't want to settle and play, take Noble as well (the 7yo belonging to a friend that I rode this summer/fall).

Shirley was very green, but settled ok. I had a blast! A friend came with me and took some video -- boy do I have things to work on!! EEK... almost depressing except that I feel really good about how the clinic went.

If anyone is interested, here's the video of the final exercise of the clinic... circle of death at a canter followed by a gallop to an X. ... http://youtu.be/bVhubQtUSf4

No really... I'm so proud of Shirley!!
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

She looks great and even offered a change, really nice.
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

That circle of death really was the circle of death.

I was so sore yesterday that it was ridiculous and a little pathetic. My big horse was a blast after we both remembered how to actually work. Woes of not having an indoor arena in the Ohio winter.

Glad you made it and had fun!!
    I'm trying to get Sheila to get some more people to come do more 1 day clinics there throughout the winter.
    -Chelsie
    "Hell yes I can ride. I was riding when I fell off!"

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

I was sore too. Poor Shirley. She caught on, but it wasn't easy for either of us. So proud of her though given the work she HASNT been doing. She came out of it none the worse for it and hopefully when I can get her to an indoor again, she'll be better for it.

Thinking of signing up for Nad's clinic at TT in June... it's my b-day weekend so it would be a present to myself.
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

Quote Originally Posted by tle View Post
    I was sore too. Poor Shirley. She caught on, but it wasn't easy for either of us. So proud of her though given the work she HASNT been doing. She came out of it none the worse for it and hopefully when I can get her to an indoor again, she'll be better for it.

Thinking of signing up for Nad's clinic at TT in June... it's my b-day weekend so it would be a present to myself.
    You should!
    Its your bday weekend after all!!
    I will hopefully be graduated from college finally (geez this has been a process) and long gone by then!
    -Chelsie
    "Hell yes I can ride. I was riding when I fell off!"

Looking good, T!

1 members found this post helpful.