The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Ibrahem (not Ibrahim) Stallion

Anyone know of him? Apparently his sire side Bredero x Notaris x Courville and dam side has Formateur x Polaris. Said to be an older stallion, Dutch WB perhaps?

I can't find a single piece of information about him so I would appreciate any/all information anyone may know!

http://www.clrc.ca/cgi-bin/pedigree....association=86

This link has his information from the Canadian Sport Horse registry. I rode a fabulous daughter of his, and now own her daughter.

He was an approved stallion with the Canadian Sport Horse and was then later gelded for sport. I was told he was sold to the US but couldn't verify if that is true.

If you contact the Canadian Sort Horse Association they may be able to dig up his inspection scores for you.

He was definitely Dutch Warmblood!

Quote Originally Posted by RiderBreeder View Post
    http://www.clrc.ca/cgi-bin/pedigree....association=86

This link has his information from the Canadian Sport Horse registry. I rode a fabulous daughter of his, and now own her daughter.

He was an approved stallion with the Canadian Sport Horse and was then later gelded for sport. I was told he was sold to the US but couldn't verify if that is true.

If you contact the Canadian Sort Horse Association they may be able to dig up his inspection scores for you.

He was definitely Dutch Warmblood!
    Thank you! Perhaps the fact that he was gelded is one of the reasons I can't find much information on him.

Looking for information on Ibrahem in regards to a grandson (dam side), so I'm happy to hear that you have had good experiences with his offspring.

By the way, if you have any other information (ie, was he bred here or in Holland? Was he approved w/ KWPN?, etc), I'd appreciate it! I've sent off an email to the CSHA but can't find any info on searching past sires with KWPN.

My guess is that he was not approved with the KWPN or else you would be able to find him via the internet (Horse Telex). He was most likley exported to Canada as a youngster and approved there as a Canadian Sport Horse, something the KWPN does not recognize.
    Siegi Belz
    www.stalleuropa.com
    2007 KWPN-NA Breeder of the Year
    Dutch Warmbloods Made in the U. S. A.

Quote Originally Posted by siegi b. View Post
    My guess is that he was not approved with the KWPN or else you would be able to find him via the internet (Horse Telex). He was most likley exported to Canada as a youngster and approved there as a Canadian Sport Horse, something the KWPN does not recognize.
    Thanks, I am new to all this registry stuff. KWPN was very prompt and friendly in emailing me back; the person I spoke with informed me that horses cannot be duel registered (she quoted the World Breeding Federation) so if he is registered with the CSHA as RiderBreeder indicated, he would not be registered with them.

I do wonder, though -

If there was a KWPN registered foal whose sire was registered with the KWPN and dam with the CWHBA, would there not need to be a KWPN registered horse on the dam side? If the dam's sire is CSHA and not approved KWPN, would the fact that HIS sire is KWPN be sufficient for registering the first mentioned foal? Dam's dam is TB so doesn't come into play w/ the KWPN question. Sorry if that's far too confusing.