The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan. 18, 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default Custom Boot Help.

    Him, I'm looking for new custom boots, or really nice off the rack boots like DeNiro or Parlantis. my budget is about $1000, has to have a spanish top and spur rests. They have to be really soft supple leather, and sink real nice. Thanks!



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun. 20, 2012
    Location
    The Part of TN in the Wrong Time Zone
    Posts
    1,931

    Default

    Why not just order parlantis then? I'm not sure what the question is here.
    .אני יכול לעשות הכל על ידי אלוהים



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar. 22, 2005
    Location
    Where it is perpetually winter
    Posts
    5,040



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan. 18, 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default Parlanti boots

    Hi, I'm looking at stock shelf parlance boots. I was wondering if any of you guys had the parlanti Miami, and what do you know about them? Is the leather still really soft and supple? With they sink nice? Thanks!



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr. 5, 2012
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Not trying to hijack, but I'm a bit clueless about the Parlinis, how/where do you order? Do you need to be measured?



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr. 2, 2003
    Posts
    4,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VTMorgan06 View Post
    Not trying to hijack, but I'm a bit clueless about the Parlinis, how/where do you order? Do you need to be measured?
    Beval carries them, and I think so does LA Saddlery-- and you can order online from europe if you already know your size. I think most people have been trying/buying them from mobile tack shops at the shows.



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan. 18, 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VTMorgan06 View Post
    Not trying to hijack, but I'm a bit clueless about the Parlinis, how/where do you order? Do you need to be measured?

    Its okay! Well, In the us their a bit more expensive. I found a pair at this equiport website, and there around $410. You measure in cm. They give you a chart. Here's the link

    http://www.equiport.co.uk/product_de...?pId=751&iId=1



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr. 2, 2003
    Posts
    4,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gmbjumper View Post
    Its okay! Well, In the us their a bit more expensive. I found a pair at this equiport website, and there around $410. You measure in cm. They give you a chart. Here's the link

    http://www.equiport.co.uk/product_de...?pId=751&iId=1
    That's the site, but your conversion is bad. They're (at current exchange) $465.62 plus 75L shipping, which is $118 us. So total price is roughly $581.



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov. 28, 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    307

    Default

    I LOVE my Sergio Grasso boots, but if I were you I would try on as many as possible so that you know what looks great on you, that way you can get the full custom look without (all the) full custom price
    My Horse Show Photography/ Blog



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb. 18, 2001
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    6,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alterageous View Post
    That's the site, but your conversion is bad. They're (at current exchange) $465.62 plus 75L shipping, which is $118 us. So total price is roughly $581.
    Closer to $700, actually...They're £444 after shipping and conversion from Sterling is pretty bad right now. It's a bummer. If they were in Euro, they'd be closer to your conversion.



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr. 2, 2003
    Posts
    4,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Ridge View Post
    Closer to $700, actually...They're £444 after shipping and conversion from Sterling is pretty bad right now. It's a bummer. If they were in Euro, they'd be closer to your conversion.
    Minus VAT at 20% (assuming we're all in the US, here...) they are 295L plus 75L shipping.



  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb. 18, 2001
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    6,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alterageous View Post
    Minus VAT at 20% (assuming we're all in the US, here...) they are 295L plus 75L shipping.
    Based on the prices I've seen from other European vendors, the £369 is pre-VAT.



  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr. 2, 2003
    Posts
    4,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Ridge View Post
    Based on the prices I've seen from other European vendors, the £369 is pre-VAT.
    I confirmed with Ashley from equiport and the price to the US is in fact 295L, in other words the price shown includes VAT that is not charged if shipped out of the UK.



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb. 18, 2001
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    6,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alterageous View Post
    I confirmed with Ashley from equiport and the price to the US is in fact 295L, in other words the price shown includes VAT that is not charged if shipped out of the UK.
    Wow, I wonder how they sell them for so much less than other vendors. Nice deal.



  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr. 2, 2003
    Posts
    4,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Ridge View Post
    Wow, I wonder how they sell them for so much less than other vendors. Nice deal.
    Not sure but looking at my cc statement the price shipped is 370L = $580.66 that I was charged.



  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct. 6, 2002
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Posts
    15,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 63signals View Post
    I just received my Parlanti Miami Boots from justriding.com they are shamazing!! I came on here specifically to tell me friend as she wanted to know. We bought one pair off teh rack at $580 + $50 shipping to my door and one pair completely custom for $850 + shipping, we spoke with the owner of the site on live chat and by email, he was brilliant in helping us out, we had like a million questions and he was very helpful and patient.. :-)

    Like I just said in anoher thread though, if your buying Parlanti and your calves are even slightly large you have to go custom as their off the shelf ones just wont fit around your calves..

    Anyway I hope thats helpful.

    Do you work for justriding.com? It's a little weird that you joined today and then immediately went and posted on three threads about your Parlanti boots from justriding.com?! And posted about nothing else...
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/



  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr. 2, 2003
    Posts
    4,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    Do you work for justriding.com? It's a little weird that you joined today and then immediately went and posted on three threads about your Parlanti boots from justriding.com?! And posted about nothing else...
    Especially since equiport is cheaper, and also my fat little legs fit fine in my off the rack parlantis.



  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct. 10, 2002
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    655

    Default

    Tucci.... absolutely the best! My customers love them!



Similar Threads

  1. Custom boot preferences?
    By DebutsShirrocco in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jan. 1, 2013, 02:12 PM
  2. Custom boot questions
    By sirensong4 in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Aug. 24, 2012, 11:33 PM
  3. Custom (or not custom?) boot opinions
    By pinkpony321 in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Jul. 26, 2012, 01:49 PM
  4. Custom boot suggestions
    By 4sslack in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Mar. 30, 2011, 08:47 PM
  5. Please help me with custom boot options
    By Trigger in forum Dressage
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Jan. 28, 2011, 05:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •