The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    on the edge of suburbia

I would strongly encourage you to send Saddlebred Rescue your wish list and go take a visit. They are near your search area and have horses of all shapes, sizes, ages and experiences. Many would make lovely low-level sport horses for an amateur like yourself. Their horses are well evaluated in different conditions (including trail) with riders of varying experience and receive on-going training. They may have what you are looking for or will keep an eye out for a good match. Really, you have nothing to lose by paying a visit and may find exactly what you want.
    Here is one of the horses currently available and I think he is quite a handsome dude.
    "A good horse is worth more than riches."
    - Spanish Proverb

Chatham, NY USA

Quote Originally Posted by twostinkydogs View Post
    ccoronios - I WISH I could ride 4-7 hours a day but I'd probably be out of a job. Another good point though, I had not thought about the on/off issues on that tall of a horse .
    Ha - teach ME to read carefully! I sort of wondered where you'd find enough open land to go on such long trail rides!

Also - if you're in the area, Nealia McCracken's Saddlebred Rescue ( ) would be a good place to look. I know she spends a lot of time with the horses and has numerous kids handling, riding & evaluating them. These would be kids who knew what they were talking about and were supervised carefully! Don't hesitate to let her know I recommended her, but she's going to recognize my business (As You Like It Productions) more than my personal name!

Last edited by ccoronios; Jan. 31, 2013 at 04:58 PM. Reason: info
    Equine Photography in the Northeast

Put the word out to local traders. Those horses are out there, and not expensive. I was offered, and purchased a well bred QH mare. Very pretty UTD everything, sound, polite, and safe safe safe. Sweet cookie loving run to meet you at the gate kind of girl. Her former owner decided he was too old to ride, and requested the assistance of a local trader in finding her a home where she would be cared for. I am honored that she was offered to me. My cost $1500 and the promise that the former owner could visit her one time next summer.