The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Locating a Brown Shadbelly

I won't be needing one anytime real soon but I'm hoping by the end of the year I'll be needing a shadbelly. I currently have the brown/cream theme going- brown helmet/coat/boots and cream pad/stock/breeches and would like to carry that theme over to a shad! I know Catherine Haddad and Heather Blitz have one and I was going to contact Cavallo. Thought I'd ask here to see if anyone knew what brand Haddad and Blitz had or if anyone knew of a source or had seen one somewhere. Thanks in advance!

This company is fantastic - jackets are made in England by Mears. I've had two jackets made by them and the experience was great and the jackets are exquisite!

http://www.flying-changes.co.uk/

I know Grand Prix does brown, and has some fabulous options for collar and points as well.

Heather's faaaaaaaaaaaaaaabulous turnout looked very custom to me. That was the best looking turnout I've seen in any of the English disciplines in DECADES. Even her vest points matched the Mattes pad, and made something necessary-but-fugly look as if it was all part of the plan!! Gorgeous!!!
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Maybe I should also add that I will probably be on a bit of a budget... haha! All my other things are Cavallo so I'm thinking of contacting Calevo to see if they can order Cavallo's shad in brown. Or I will be in Germany this summer to visit friends so maybe a local tack store could order one for me. I'll google the Grand Prix one.. I think I ran across that one before. Or maybe it was Kentucky...

Oh, and Heather Blitz's points being tan were a nice touch to her coat. I liked that idea. I think Catherine Haddad's coat is brown with a black collar or something... I'll have to find the video again because I don't remember what color her points were.

I think that Heathers coat is an Animo, just judging by the few pics I've seen?

Kingsland has a drop dead GORGEOUS brown shad.... Divosa carries it. Its a little spendy but it would have looked lovely with my chestnut. I totally would have bought it if my youngster had also been chestnut but alas he is dark, dark bay so we went with classic navy.

That Kingsland one is gorgeous! I like the black accents. $800... hahahahaha. Funny. The horse I am leasing is a dark, dark bay and the brown looked pretty good on him before.

If I didn't do the brown thing I think I really would have gone the grey route. I saw some really nice dark grey Kempken dressage boots in Wiesbaden once... But those suckers I think are about $2000 alone...

OMG, those Flying Change coats are GORGEOUS! We're at third level now. Guess I've got plenty of time to save.
    Savannah Custom Scrapbook Design. For horses...and people, too!
    www.savannahscrapbooks.com
    www.thislifeblog.com