The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Riding boot recommendations

Hello,

I would like to know if someone can suggest a pair of showing boots? I broke the zipper on mine today and its a good excuse to buy a new pair. I do need them for next weekend. I would like a soft pair of boots suitable for the hunter ring, but they must have a solid tread as my feet tend to slip in the stirrup sometimes. I looked online at Ariat Monocos, are those boots any good? I think that is the type that some of the younger girls have at the farm.

Thank you!

I like my Dublin's a lot. I abuse them and they clean up nicely. They're under $200 even.

http://www.smartpakequine.com/tredst...x?cm_vc=Search

Tredstep Donatello. Softer leather and suitable for the hunter ring. Not too bad budget wise either.

3 members found this post helpful.

I don't like how soft the donatello is look at the Deniro boots on SmartPak or the Sergio Grasso's (I've had mine for 9 months and they hold up perfectly and fit just like customs)
    My Horse Show Photography/ Blog

The OP asked for a soft pair, so I figured they may be something she is interested in. Mine are going on 9 months and have held up great. Broke in easily enough.

1 members found this post helpful.

Love my DeNiro Ottovianis. The leather on the "Aurora" is supposed to be super soft, the ones I bought are the heavier leather and only took 3 rides to break in. Great craftmanship, a friend is a shoe sales rep and he was impressed!
    1. Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.

The Ariat Monacos do not last very long! If you are just going to show in them they are fine, but I wouldn't buy them for everyday use. I have Parlantis and LOVE them! No breaking in, and the softest leather around. I wear them all day, and ride 3-4 horses a day for over a year in them, and they have not worn at all.

If you fit in them then parlanti off the racks are nice, but they have a small range of fitting. Off the rack sergios and tredsteps are nice.
    .אני יכול לעשות הכל על ידי אלוהים

Quote Originally Posted by ThoroughbredFancy View Post
    http://www.smartpakequine.com/tredst...x?cm_vc=Search

Tredstep Donatello. Softer leather and suitable for the hunter ring. Not too bad budget wise either.
    I too would recommend the Donatello. I love mine, good solid boot, looks sharp (I've received compliments) and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
    ~ In the chaos of the showing, remember riding should be fun for all, including our 4-legged kids.

Tredstep DaVinci as you have the budget, if you are looking to spend Monaco range, then look at Tucci - gorgeous leather
    Rather disappointed with the new Volants & Monacos I saw recently ...

Deniros I looked at were also lovely (especially the customs but that's another price range).

If you want something for this weekend & then have time to shop later, you won't regret the Donatello.

I "third" the Donatellos if you are not wanting to spend a forture. Great, great boot for the price!
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Mountain Horse Supreme. They are super soft. No breaking in at all. Love them. They run about 499