The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Opinions on Balta Czar

I have a lovely Anglo-Trakehner mare, beautiful mover with a very nice jump. I'm looking for the correct sire. I want a nice hunter type baby. The baby is for me and will not be sold.

Any thoughts on this stallion?

I bred my Trak/TB mare to him and got a very lovely black foal. I also have a 5 yr mare by Balta 'Czar who is just precious. Of course I'm a smidge biased I suppose. I am very happy with them both. Both have nice movement and the 5 yr old has a really nice jump. My 5 yr old would do anything for me and has worlds best personality. I have her in dressage training for the winter because I think it's important for her to learn. But she is a true hunter and this is what I plan to do with her. She had time off because she had a foal so she's a bit behind other 5 yr olds. I'm fairly certain you will be happy with the result if you choose BC.

3 members found this post helpful.

I bred a very nice TB mare to him last year and she sold in foal. Produced a really lovely colt, dark bay roan with three stockings, lovely build, very athletic!

I then ended up getting a mare from a friend who was leaving the country who had a filly at foot by Balta'Czar as well (I had picked him for her mare). I sold the mare and loved the filly so much I'm keeping her!! Pretty as the day is long, 4 splashy stockings and blaze. She is a lovely mover, flicks her toes and has a soft, lofty canter. She's on the sale page of my website but I'm planning to keep her. Go check her out if you want! Her mother was by a heartbreaker son and out of a TB mare. Also a lovely mover but a little sensitive and carried herself more like a jumper than her filly. There's a little video clip of her too. Her name is Vik'czen.

Saret was wonderful to deal with too!

5 members found this post helpful.

Default Balta Czar

I have had 2 foals by Balta Czar (Indian Summer and Helios). One is more of a dressage horse who can jump and the other a jumper who moves well. I have been happy with both. You can see them on our web site www.serenityfarmsinc.com. They seem to have nice minds, flashy and can do dressage, hunters or jumpers depending on the mare but both really could do any of the 3 if you wanted.

1 members found this post helpful.

Please don't forget to look at the ATA stallion service auction stallions for your mare! There are several Trakehner stallions who are producing hunter type offspring (though I don't think any are black with bling to be honest).

Quote Originally Posted by Molly Malone View Post
    Please don't forget to look at the ATA stallion service auction stallions for your mare! There are several Trakehner stallions who are producing hunter type offspring (though I don't think any are black with bling to be honest).
    Any suggestions on Hunter Trakehner stallions, my mare is by Schoenfeld. My mare is grey and so I'm actually hoping the baby will be too.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfox View Post
    Any suggestions on Hunter Trakehner stallions, my mare is by Schoenfeld. My mare is grey and so I'm actually hoping the baby will be too.
    Not sure if he is in the auction, but Asher is my immediate thought followed by Glen Livet F.

I have a lovely Anglo-Trakehner mare, beautiful mover with a very nice jump. I'm looking for the correct sire. I want a nice hunter type baby. The baby is for me and will not be sold.

Any thoughts on this stallion?
    Incredibly prepotent stallion, I love him to bits. I have bred 2 by him, both out of Saddlebred mares. Both are fabulous, and like a number of the other posters, one is more Hunter-y and the other is more of a Dressage/Jumper type but both of them could easily do well in the Hunter ring. My coming 5 yr old gelding is very much a Hunter, he's lopey & quiet and jumps in excellent form.

Honestly BC could be bred to a mule and still produce a line-class worthy Hunter. Fabulous stallion, highly underrated.

3 members found this post helpful.

I really like the "welsh pony" type warmblood-- Cute, nice mover, good feet, easy keeper, short coupled, sweet, great jump. He looks like he fits the bill from photos, anyone who has seen him live agree and would that describe his babies?

I really like the way Windfall sons and daughters jump, they tend to all look identical over fences, and usually very "huntery". Abdullah also has a ton of hunter babies out there.

Link to the ATA Stallion Service Auction:

http://atassauction.com/auction/search_results.asp

Almost all of these Trakehner stallions at Galten Farms have produced hunters.
    http://tennantsporthorses.com/stallion-services/

Proudly representing the outstanding stallions, Ballzauber, Sea Accounts xx, Sea Lion xx, and Tagaelen!

Default 2 BC full siblings

I really like the "welsh pony" type warmblood-- Cute, nice mover, good feet, easy keeper, short coupled, sweet, great jump. He looks like he fits the bill from photos, anyone who has seen him live agree and would that describe his babies?
    You mean like this?

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/j...000025-1-1.jpg

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/j...nt=1003236.jpg

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=100_3108.jpg

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/j...100_196777.jpg

Full brother resembles his uncles

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...psd9f69ea4.jpg

BOTH are sound, barefoot, sensible! smart and kind. I would have repeated this cross infinitely if I could have afforded to keep going. Now that they've aged up I've discovered what I've really got. Feel free to browse that album for the photos of their growth and our progress. I have some jump video I'll add.
    About the only time losing is more fun than winning is when you're fighting temptation.
    -- Tom Wilson, actor & comedian

1 members found this post helpful.

Virginia and North Carolina, Parrothead Clique!

I cannot comment on Balta Czar, because I selected King de Coquerie, but Saret was very nice and easy to work with.