I am blessed with naturally good balance and boldness and an athletic horse. But I never had very good formal riding lessons in my background. I feel what I am weak on is striding to fences. On the one hand, you let your event horse figure it out. But on the other hand (in addition to having 5 fingers) it probably makes sense to know how to influence the girl's stride. I am a long row to hoe!!!!! At least I have an excellent trainer. Hope the girl and I figure it all out.
This list could go on for pages, but some of the big ones:
1) I don't even have the excuse of *ever* doing the hunters for the tendency to tip the shoulder and pinch with the knee
2) My eye totally sucks, luckily I've had horses that can really see distances
3) I look down on landing (have gotten better about keeping the eyes up through takeoff)
4) I have a horrible time keeping my seat centered when doing lateral work
5) I have been working like crazy to keep my elbows bent and am told it is getting better, but it definitely is not natural or automatic yet