The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Somebody needs to snap this CANTER Cutie RIGHT up!!!

If I could still ride, I'd be ALL about this lovely lady. That trot REEKS of hunterz! Somebody snap her up!
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

12th floor of the Acme building in a city that knows how to keep it's secrets.

Diplomat Way can be found in a lot of good TB hunters.
    You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training.

1 members found this post helpful.

This horse is literally two miles from my farm. We have snow on the ground right now, but if anyone wants me to go check her out for them (i.e., take more pictures and maybe some video, because this seller will not let anyone ride b/c of insurance reasons), PT me.
    Life would be infinitely better if pinatas suddenly appeared throughout the day.

5 members found this post helpful.

Wow, Sing Mia, that's an awesome offer. Hope someone takes you up on it! If I could only still ride I'd be all about this mare - but since I'm not, I thought I'd post to get her a bigger audience of the Right People. She's older, yes, but OTOH she is SO well-balanced and naturally athletic that in knowledgeable hands she might not take that long to make up at all. I loff her.
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

That's rather amazing, because ol' Skip Away himself was the *least* hunter-y mover imaginable! Guess she takes after mama! She *does* look lovely!
    Last edited by libgrrl; Jan. 26, 2013 at 07:59 PM.

ol' Skip Away himself was the *least* hunter-y mover imaginable!
    Yes, he sure was, wasn't he?! But who knows--she didn't get the gray, so maybe she didn't get the action, either!

This seller moves a lot of horses off the track, and my trainer has had two of them in my time with her. Both were talented horses, but challenging rides, although I wouldn't say that has anything to do with the seller.

Happy to go check her out in person and see if she really has as lovely a movement in the flesh. No charge--I'm an ammy, an occasional CANTER volunteer, and I love nothing more than going to look at horses, even if I'm not in the market!
    Life would be infinitely better if pinatas suddenly appeared throughout the day.

Never raced.

Then what has she been doing for the last 5 or 6 years?

Horses that "disappear" and then reappear usually have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by cssutton View Post
    Never raced.

Then what has she been doing for the last 5 or 6 years?

Horses that "disappear" and then reappear usually have a problem.
    perhaps they bred her? though that's not something incriminating, and since it's not listed, is probably a bit of a far fetched idea.

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

I know its way back, but I always love to see Drone in there. She looks lovely.
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

The horse in my profile pic is out of a diplomat way mare and has half brother who is 3/4 brother to skip away . And as Midge pointed out, it's a known hunter influence.
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

She is cute! At our local association awards banquet last night, they had awards sponsored by the Jockey Club for highest point TB's. It's called the Thoroughbred Incentive Program. Perhaps your local H/J association is doing that too. If not, maybe contact the Jockey Club for more info. An ex-racehorse from our barn, now doing very well as an Adult Hunter won top honors.
    It's 2014. Do you know where your old horse is?

Quote Originally Posted by DMK View Post
    The horse in my profile pic is out of a diplomat way mare and has half brother who is 3/4 brother to skip away . And as Midge pointed out, it's a known hunter influence.
    Holy cow that's a nice horse! Quite the proof that TB's are still able to be really lovely hunters.
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.

The DelMar Predigree query shows she had a foal in 2012 - a colt named "Skip Away Bay" by a sire named Prospect Bay. Now that's a colt I'd want - a Mr.Prospector/Buckpasser sire and a Skip Away dam. All my favorite bloodlines rolled into one!
    Why do I like most horses better than most people?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaSamour View Post
    The DelMar Predigree query shows she had a foal in 2012 - a colt named "Skip Away Bay" by a sire named Prospect Bay. Now that's a colt I'd want - a Mr.Prospector/Buckpasser sire and a Skip Away dam. All my favorite bloodlines rolled into one!
    Interesting. Looks like that's a mythical foal, or not registered at least. The Jockey Club has zero record of it. This mare has no JC registered foals.

And Pedigree Query hasn't been associated with Del Mar for a decade or more, IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by Simkie View Post
    And Pedigree Query hasn't been associated with Del Mar for a decade or more, IIRC
    Shows you how long I've had Predigree Query bookmarked ...
    Why do I like most horses better than most people?

Quote Originally Posted by Simkie View Post
    Interesting. Looks like that's a mythical foal, or not registered at least. The Jockey Club has zero record of it. This mare has no JC registered foals.

It is possible that a '12 foal would not have yet been registered.