The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Wonderful 14yo TB Mare - FTGH - Summerfield, NC

Poppy is a petite 15h, 14yo, bay TB mare. I was contacted about her last summer by her previous owner who could no longer care for her. This little mare was a doll from the beginning - polite and well-mannered. Under saddle she is incredibly responsive and well-trained. Given her skill set, we believe she was a polo pony in the past. Poppy has been ridden in many different situations and under all conditions and she is one of the most level headed horses I have ever encountered.

Unfortunately, she began showing signs of lameness in the left front. X-rays revealed navicular changes in both front feet (worse in the left.) She is currently being maintained on Previcox (one per day) and is sound with medication. While she was a great little jumper, she has been retired from jumping. As an eventing barn, we do not have room for an extra lesson horse for flatwork only and I would love to find her a home where she can be ridden on the flat. She is an excellent trail horse and would make someone a wonderful trail partner. Poppy has no vices and does well with other horses out to pasture.

This is a special little mare with toms of personality. I wish I had a job for her! Please keep in mind that this mare will need maintenance to be ridden.

Jammie Harlowe
    (336)392-4958

If you are on FB, post on the pages there...ncdcta, Triangle Area Equestrians, sandhills equestrian has a page too....