The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

my other saddle the AP was too small did ya'll see that??

Quote Originally Posted by GoForAGallop View Post
    Did you look through the rest of the album? There is a picture of her trainer on the horse where the trainer literally looks like she is about to slide off the front.

To me, looking at the pictures quite large, it's obvious to me that there's about an 1'' worth of difference between front and back.
    Are you asking me if I looked through the album past the links offered of a person with a known learning disabilitythat she works through to critique the fit of a saddle (which may or may not be the same one as whatever is in the links provided) over a computer screen?

No, I didn't.

16 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by meupatdoes View Post
    Are you asking me if I looked through the album past the links offered of a person with a known learning disabilitythat she works through to critique the fit of a saddle (which may or may not be the same one as whatever is in the links provided) over a computer screen?

No, I didn't.
    Oh gimme a break. I clicked the "left arrow" button, I didn't hack into the account to see them. Where's the old eye roll icon when you need it?

Tiffany, the saddle looks like the best of the bunch that I've seen you post. I think once you get the fitter out to adjust it, that it will work very well for you two. The flap length looks good for you. (Something that I struggle with too, with short legs!)

2 members found this post helpful.

Beautiful is really cute (even though she has a blue eye and horses with blue eyes freak me out!!!)
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

I think you guys look like you're making a lot of progress! And I love that you are wearing a helmet. You have a wonderful little mare and it looks like she gets a lot of love

7 members found this post helpful.

Tiff posts pictures of her saintly mare, Beautiful, quite frequently. Beautiful has quite a following here. She did not come here asking for saddle-fitting advice, which was given to her, unsolicited, in a not-too-friendly critical tone.
    Not everybody has access to a BNT or endless funds searching perfection...give her a break. That horse does wonders for her.
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

36 members found this post helpful.

Thank you, Foxtrots.
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

3 members found this post helpful.

All I'm going to say is that Beautiful is really pretty!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NBChoice http://nbchoice.blogspot.com/
    The New Banner's Choice- 1994 ASB Mare
    Dennis The Menace Too- 1999 ASB Gelding
    Dreamacres Sublime- 2008 ASB Gelding

Beautiful is looking great!

If you follow Tif's threads there are a few posters who post the exact same negative thing on every thread. Stalking people is low.

1 members found this post helpful.

I just love that little mare!

2) The saddle is CLEARLY too wide for the horse, sitting down on her withers. (It's also too far forward, in most pictures.) You can tell this particularly in the photos of the "trainer" (the helmetless blonde), where she looks like she's going to slide off the front of the saddle the cantle is so much higher up.
    Not quite.

Saddle may be a titch forward yes. But you can't see the pommel because trainer lady, who is riding in a chair seat with her stirrups too short, is over it. She is likely doing this because she hopped on said horsey for a moment to show/school/try something as evidenced by the Ariats and jeans.

These pictures are also deceptive because these QH/Paint types who do the English circuit here go much more like a western horse, down from the withers, are built that way as well, adding to the visual perception that the trainer lady will fall off of the front.

Tif, I was away from the forum for a long time, but I've seen a huge change in you and beautiful. You are both making so much progress!! I'd still have a saddle fitter out, but the mare seems to be striding out nicely, so the saddle doesn't seem to be bothering her too much!

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot's View Post
    Tiff posts pictures of her saintly mare, Beautiful, quite frequently. Beautiful has quite a following here. She did not come here asking for saddle-fitting advice, which was given to her, unsolicited, in a not-too-friendly critical tone.
    Not everybody has access to a BNT or endless funds searching perfection...give her a break. That horse does wonders for her.
    I agree. We (collective we) try to learn. The horse is in good shape and Tiff is moving forward. She has a lot of good advice - whether she wants to take it or not, that is up to her.

I don't think this looks too far forward. Of course without a closer look and/or hands on the horse it's really hard to tell...

I haven't looked at other pictures in the album, just these four.

OP I think you both look great - she's a cute mare! I have a paint mare also (but solid)...so of course I am biased!

I'm glad to see you are riding again, Tiffany. I know you were nervous but missing it. Good for you.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

1 members found this post helpful.

Thank You! Im wearing a helmet and breeches The breeches are too small for me so I guess I'll be wearing form fitting sweats and my chaps and a helmet tomorrow. ??
    The saddle thing well.....but anyway Beautiful was stretching out with her head down and ears pricked and snortting the Im sooo relexed!!! When I got off she nickerd to me.

7 members found this post helpful.

I did look through the album and noticed a photo of George Morris's book Hunter Seat Equitation, acompanied by a card that said it was from her COTH Secret Santa which I thought was a very kind thought!
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

4 members found this post helpful.

I soooo LOVE that book!!!!!

5 members found this post helpful.

I dont post that often, but read allot here. The one thing I notice (for many years) is the same people here attack Tiffany. Why? If you dont want to hear what she says put her on ignore. I personally think you get great pleasure on just being a bully and mean.

I think this saddle looks the best on Beautiful. She looks relaxed and doesnt look like this saddle is causing her any pain.

Tiffany dont bother replying to the people who are constantly being negative. They are just bringing you down to their level.

5 members found this post helpful.

You guys look great! Very pretty mare

I do like Beautiful. I keep swearing up and down I'm going to get a paint (I'm on plain unmarked bay #5 if you count horses and ponies.)