The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2 members found this post helpful.

Very nice!
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

Looks like another saddle that doesn't fit...

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by GoForAGallop View Post
    How can you even tell that based on those tiny pictures? Saddle fitting is tricky in person...never ceases to amaze me how many people are able to issue staunchly held opinions on a particular saddle fit via the Internet.

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by FineAlready View Post
    How can you even tell that based on those tiny pictures? Saddle fitting is tricky in person...never ceases to amaze me how many people are able to issue staunchly held opinions on a particular saddle fit via the Internet.
    1) Pictures aren't that tiny.
    2) The saddle is CLEARLY too wide for the horse, sitting down on her withers. (It's also too far forward, in most pictures.) You can tell this particularly in the photos of the "trainer" (the helmetless blonde), where she looks like she's going to slide off the front of the saddle the cantle is so much higher up.

It's not like I'm stating that the saddle is a little tight in the stirrup bar area, something that can't be seen from photos. It's pretty obvious when it's way too wide.

Beautiful looks like such a kind mare. Is the lunge line attached to directly to the bit (kimberwick)????!! Ouch!
    Quote Originally Posted by alicen View Post
    We have no intentions of tarring and feathering anyone: this is now a thread about dipping Ryan Reynolds in chocolate.

1) Pictures aren't that tiny.
    2) The saddle is CLEARLY too wide for the horse, sitting down on her withers. (It's also too far forward, in most pictures.) You can tell this particularly in the photos of the "trainer" (the helmetless blonde), where she looks like she's going to slide off the front of the saddle the cantle is so much higher up.

It's not like I'm stating that the saddle is a little tight in the stirrup bar area, something that can't be seen from photos. It's pretty obvious when it's way too wide.
    The pictures are teeny tiny for me. I certainly can't tell anything from them (other than that I do agree the saddle is too far forward). The only mounted one I could see was one with a rider on on a lungeline.

It must be my computer - I can't see what kind of bit the horse is wearing, either, much less that the lungeline is attached to it.

The pictures are teeny tiny for me. I certainly can't tell anything from them (other than that I do agree the saddle is too far forward). The only mounted one I could see was one with a rider on on a lungeline.

It must be my computer - I can't see what kind of bit the horse is wearing, either, much less that the lungeline is attached to it.
    You can click into the album, where you can then see all the photos. And yes, the lunge line is attached directly to the kimberwicke.

Ok the saddle is woolflocked and who the hell cares??? Im taking care of the problem by using a sheepskin pad and it'[s my horse and my saddle if you dont like it go away!!!!!!!!! I can get the saddle to make it fit her by having it reflocked. I cant please anyone on coth and its starting to bug me so ya know what I give up. I dont care anymore.

You can click into the album, where you can then see all the photos. And yes, the lunge line is attached directly to the kimberwicke.
    I did go through part of the album, but lost interest. Seriously, the pictures are normal sized for you? They are about one square inch for me.

I think i'll change to an eggbutt bit cuz I have one in my locker.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany01 View Post
    Ok the saddle is woolflocked and who the hell cares??? Im taking care of the problem by using a sheepskin pad and it'[s my horse and my saddle if you dont like it go away!!!!!!!!! I can get the saddle to make it fit her by having it reflocked. I cant please anyone on coth and its starting to bug me so ya know what I give up. I dont care anymore.
    What does it being woolflocked have to do with it being too wide? Custom Saddlery trees can also be adjusted, like I suggested on your other thread you should have a fitter from the company out to actually get the saddle to fit her. Other than it being too wide, even with the half-pad, it otherwise looks like a decent fit.

And you should care. You're hurting a living, breathing, feeling being who relies on you to take care of her properly and with kindness.

I did go through part of the album, but lost interest. Seriously, the pictures are normal sized for you? They are about one square inch for me.
    They're about 8x10'' for me. I have a large monitor but you should be seeing more than thumbnails if you're actually clicking into images.

8 members found this post helpful.

What does it being woolflocked have to do with it being too wide? Custom Saddlery trees can also be adjusted, like I suggested on your other thread you should have a fitter from the company out to actually get the saddle to fit her. Other than it being too wide, even with the half-pad, it otherwise looks like a decent fit.

And you should care. You're hurting a living, breathing, feeling being who relies on you to take care of her properly and with kindness.

They're about 8x10'' for me. I have a large monitor but you should be seeing more than thumbnails if you're actually clicking into images.
    Sighs......I know I really do but im tired of people coming on here saying EVERY saddle doesnt work. I was so excited about this saddle and well....

you should have a fitter from the company out to actually get the saddle to fit her
    I plan to....

I'm sorry you're upset, Tiffany. Do you think you can ask your trainer why she is attaching the lungeline directly to the bit?

Is this the Beval saddle you bought from Dare2Dream (who, I think, was also known as redears here as well as Dare2Dream).

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by alicen View Post
    We have no intentions of tarring and feathering anyone: this is now a thread about dipping Ryan Reynolds in chocolate.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinadreamin' View Post
    I'm sorry you're upset, Tiffany. Do you think you can ask your trainer why she is attaching the lungeline directly to the bit?

Is this the Beval saddle you bought from Dare2Dream (who, I think, was also known as redears here as well as Dare2Dream).

Good luck!
    yes it is. I LOVE this saddle <3.

For a saddle that doesn't fit and is clearly too wide it seems to sit mighty level.

Also the congruence between the curve of the panel and the horse's back is pretty exceptional considering it apparently doesn't fit.

In case you want to see a saddle that doesn't fit, here's some:

http://www.stiniyasu.com.au/horses.html

http://www.beval.com/images/SplashIm...rrisButet1.jpg

http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com...3/DSC00868.JPG

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinadreamin' View Post

Good luck!
    But it's not a Beval....it's a Custom....at least that's what was said in another thread?

A Custom tree can be adjusted...I don't think a Beval can, at least not as much.

Quote Originally Posted by meupatdoes View Post
    For a saddle that doesn't fit and is clearly too wide it seems to sit mighty level.
    Did you look through the rest of the album? There is a picture of her trainer on the horse where the trainer literally looks like she is about to slide off the front.

To me, looking at the pictures quite large, it's obvious to me that there's about an 1'' worth of difference between front and back.

But it's not a Beval....it's a Custom.
    yeah your right. Says Custom Saddery on the inside of the flaps.