The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun. 7, 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh,Pennsylvaina
    Posts
    4,029


    2 members found this post helpful.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan. 31, 2003
    Posts
    18,472

    Default

    Very nice!
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec. 12, 2004
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,159

    Default

    Looks like another saddle that doesn't fit...


    1 members found this post helpful.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov. 13, 2009
    Posts
    4,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoForAGallop View Post
    Looks like another saddle that doesn't fit...
    How can you even tell that based on those tiny pictures? Saddle fitting is tricky in person...never ceases to amaze me how many people are able to issue staunchly held opinions on a particular saddle fit via the Internet.


    6 members found this post helpful.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec. 12, 2004
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FineAlready View Post
    How can you even tell that based on those tiny pictures? Saddle fitting is tricky in person...never ceases to amaze me how many people are able to issue staunchly held opinions on a particular saddle fit via the Internet.
    1) Pictures aren't that tiny.
    2) The saddle is CLEARLY too wide for the horse, sitting down on her withers. (It's also too far forward, in most pictures.) You can tell this particularly in the photos of the "trainer" (the helmetless blonde), where she looks like she's going to slide off the front of the saddle the cantle is so much higher up.


    It's not like I'm stating that the saddle is a little tight in the stirrup bar area, something that can't be seen from photos. It's pretty obvious when it's way too wide.



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr. 25, 2008
    Posts
    1,809

    Default

    Beautiful looks like such a kind mare. Is the lunge line attached to directly to the bit (kimberwick)????!! Ouch!
    Quote Originally Posted by alicen View Post
    We have no intentions of tarring and feathering anyone: this is now a thread about dipping Ryan Reynolds in chocolate.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov. 13, 2009
    Posts
    4,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoForAGallop View Post
    1) Pictures aren't that tiny.
    2) The saddle is CLEARLY too wide for the horse, sitting down on her withers. (It's also too far forward, in most pictures.) You can tell this particularly in the photos of the "trainer" (the helmetless blonde), where she looks like she's going to slide off the front of the saddle the cantle is so much higher up.


    It's not like I'm stating that the saddle is a little tight in the stirrup bar area, something that can't be seen from photos. It's pretty obvious when it's way too wide.
    The pictures are teeny tiny for me. I certainly can't tell anything from them (other than that I do agree the saddle is too far forward). The only mounted one I could see was one with a rider on on a lungeline.

    It must be my computer - I can't see what kind of bit the horse is wearing, either, much less that the lungeline is attached to it.



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec. 12, 2004
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FineAlready View Post
    The pictures are teeny tiny for me. I certainly can't tell anything from them (other than that I do agree the saddle is too far forward). The only mounted one I could see was one with a rider on on a lungeline.

    It must be my computer - I can't see what kind of bit the horse is wearing, either, much less that the lungeline is attached to it.
    You can click into the album, where you can then see all the photos. And yes, the lunge line is attached directly to the kimberwicke.



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun. 7, 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh,Pennsylvaina
    Posts
    4,029

    Default

    Ok the saddle is woolflocked and who the hell cares??? Im taking care of the problem by using a sheepskin pad and it'[s my horse and my saddle if you dont like it go away!!!!!!!!! I can get the saddle to make it fit her by having it reflocked. I cant please anyone on coth and its starting to bug me so ya know what I give up. I dont care anymore.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov. 13, 2009
    Posts
    4,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoForAGallop View Post
    You can click into the album, where you can then see all the photos. And yes, the lunge line is attached directly to the kimberwicke.
    I did go through part of the album, but lost interest. Seriously, the pictures are normal sized for you? They are about one square inch for me.



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun. 7, 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh,Pennsylvaina
    Posts
    4,029

    Default

    I think i'll change to an eggbutt bit cuz I have one in my locker.



  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec. 12, 2004
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany01 View Post
    Ok the saddle is woolflocked and who the hell cares??? Im taking care of the problem by using a sheepskin pad and it'[s my horse and my saddle if you dont like it go away!!!!!!!!! I can get the saddle to make it fit her by having it reflocked. I cant please anyone on coth and its starting to bug me so ya know what I give up. I dont care anymore.
    What does it being woolflocked have to do with it being too wide? Custom Saddlery trees can also be adjusted, like I suggested on your other thread you should have a fitter from the company out to actually get the saddle to fit her. Other than it being too wide, even with the half-pad, it otherwise looks like a decent fit.

    And you should care. You're hurting a living, breathing, feeling being who relies on you to take care of her properly and with kindness.

    Quote Originally Posted by FineAlready View Post
    I did go through part of the album, but lost interest. Seriously, the pictures are normal sized for you? They are about one square inch for me.
    They're about 8x10'' for me. I have a large monitor but you should be seeing more than thumbnails if you're actually clicking into images.


    8 members found this post helpful.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun. 7, 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh,Pennsylvaina
    Posts
    4,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoForAGallop View Post
    What does it being woolflocked have to do with it being too wide? Custom Saddlery trees can also be adjusted, like I suggested on your other thread you should have a fitter from the company out to actually get the saddle to fit her. Other than it being too wide, even with the half-pad, it otherwise looks like a decent fit.

    And you should care. You're hurting a living, breathing, feeling being who relies on you to take care of her properly and with kindness.



    They're about 8x10'' for me. I have a large monitor but you should be seeing more than thumbnails if you're actually clicking into images.
    Sighs......I know I really do but im tired of people coming on here saying EVERY saddle doesnt work. I was so excited about this saddle and well....



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun. 7, 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh,Pennsylvaina
    Posts
    4,029

    Default

    you should have a fitter from the company out to actually get the saddle to fit her
    I plan to....



  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr. 25, 2008
    Posts
    1,809

    Default

    I'm sorry you're upset, Tiffany. Do you think you can ask your trainer why she is attaching the lungeline directly to the bit?

    Is this the Beval saddle you bought from Dare2Dream (who, I think, was also known as redears here as well as Dare2Dream).

    Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by alicen View Post
    We have no intentions of tarring and feathering anyone: this is now a thread about dipping Ryan Reynolds in chocolate.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun. 7, 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh,Pennsylvaina
    Posts
    4,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carolinadreamin' View Post
    I'm sorry you're upset, Tiffany. Do you think you can ask your trainer why she is attaching the lungeline directly to the bit?

    Is this the Beval saddle you bought from Dare2Dream (who, I think, was also known as redears here as well as Dare2Dream).

    Good luck!
    yes it is. I LOVE this saddle <3.



  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun. 7, 2006
    Posts
    9,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoForAGallop View Post
    Looks like another saddle that doesn't fit...
    For a saddle that doesn't fit and is clearly too wide it seems to sit mighty level.

    Also the congruence between the curve of the panel and the horse's back is pretty exceptional considering it apparently doesn't fit.

    In case you want to see a saddle that doesn't fit, here's some:

    http://www.stiniyasu.com.au/horses.html

    http://www.beval.com/images/SplashIm...rrisButet1.jpg

    http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com...3/DSC00868.JPG


    5 members found this post helpful.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec. 12, 2004
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carolinadreamin' View Post
    I'm sorry you're upset, Tiffany. Do you think you can ask your trainer why she is attaching the lungeline directly to the bit?

    Is this the Beval saddle you bought from Dare2Dream (who, I think, was also known as redears here as well as Dare2Dream).

    Good luck!
    But it's not a Beval....it's a Custom....at least that's what was said in another thread?

    A Custom tree can be adjusted...I don't think a Beval can, at least not as much.



  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec. 12, 2004
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meupatdoes View Post
    For a saddle that doesn't fit and is clearly too wide it seems to sit mighty level.
    Did you look through the rest of the album? There is a picture of her trainer on the horse where the trainer literally looks like she is about to slide off the front.

    To me, looking at the pictures quite large, it's obvious to me that there's about an 1'' worth of difference between front and back.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun. 7, 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh,Pennsylvaina
    Posts
    4,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoForAGallop View Post
    But it's not a Beval....it's a Custom.
    yeah your right. Says Custom Saddery on the inside of the flaps.



Similar Threads

  1. Beautiful Pictures!!
    By Tiffany01 in forum Off Course
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jun. 30, 2012, 09:02 PM
  2. All new Beautiful Pictures!!
    By Tiffany01 in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Feb. 24, 2012, 03:42 PM
  3. Beautiful fall day (pictures!)
    By To the MAX in forum The Menagerie
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Oct. 16, 2011, 12:04 AM
  4. My new Baker Sheet on Beautiful Pictures.
    By Tiffany01 in forum Off Course
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Feb. 4, 2010, 06:36 PM
  5. Replies: 203
    Last Post: Feb. 2, 2007, 01:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness