The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default BNT in PA?

Anyone know of any BNT in P.A? Just wondering.

Which part of PA? What kind of competing? Jumpers, eq, ponies, adults, juniors?

Tiffany, I am sure there are plenty of local trainers who aren't "big name" who could help you get on the right track. Just sayin'...

3 members found this post helpful.

Tiffany, you often ask very vague and silly sounding questions. This is one of the vaguest yet. We all try and help you, to no avail. PA is a HUGE state. There are MANY BNT's. Some are near Pittsburgh, some are near Philadelphia and others are in between. No one can help you when you ask such ridiculous questions.
    Can you stress-fracture your brain?

4 members found this post helpful.

PA's a pretty big state.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

1 members found this post helpful.

Meh, let the OP ask the question she likes in the form she likes.

Why are you guys bitchin'?

She did say "just wondering." And didn't we get two pages of answers with fewer criticisms from someone who asked for a BNT in all of Ohio?
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

2 members found this post helpful.

I didn't see the Ohio thread. I venture to guess, given the dense population of BNTs in PA, that there are far far more in PA as a state than as Ohio.

I don't really get how anyone could answer either question intelligently. Unless we're talking a very small state like DE or RI listing trainers in a state is pretty silly because of the geography. If by "PA" we're talking Philly, most of NJ is closer than Pittsburgh.
    ~Veronica

I know a lot of people from the Scranton area go to Brook Edge Farms (which in in NY) But that isn't a super BN barn.
    My Horse Show Photography/ Blog

I don't know if he's considered to be a BNT in PA, but I loved taking lessons from him when he was at UVA... Troy Hendricks - Here is the link to his website.

http://www.kimberview.com/ As others have pointed out, OP didn't really narrow this down enough geographically.

If we are talking about the Philadelphia part of the state, Louise Serio, Callan Solem, Laurie Jakubauskas (although someone on another thread said she moved away, which was news to me if it's true), and Kevin Babington all come to mind in the H/J categories. Practically half the BNT eventers are here- notably Philip Dutton and Boyd Martin.
    ~Veronica

Not all people have to ride with someone close to them geographically. I ride with someone 9 hours away. Maybe the OP is comfortable with the whole state as a potential location for her trainer. In addition to the people already named, Sandy Ferrell and Lisa Jacquin come to mind.

Laurie is still at Vicmeade. That post was referring to after her Jr years in Long Island when she "went south and turned pro" - You had me worried for a minute! She's on board as my course designer again this year!

Quote Originally Posted by lcw579 View Post
    Laurie is still at Vicmeade. That post was referring to after her Jr years in Long Island when she "went south and turned pro" - You had me worried for a minute! She's on board as my course designer again this year!
    Oh goodness. NY to PA is moving south?! LOL. Ok, now I get it.
    ~Veronica

Northwestern,P.A.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolor View Post
    Not all people have to ride with someone close to them geographically. I ride with someone 9 hours away. Maybe the OP is comfortable with the whole state as a potential location for her trainer. In addition to the people already named, Sandy Ferrell and Lisa Jacquin come to mind.
    But that's the point. Without narrowing it down, we don't know what's in a 9 hour radius. Say you want to ride within a 2 hour radius. If you live in Philly that gives you options in PA, NJ, and even DE. If you live in Central PA, it doesn't. If you live in Pittsburgh, it gives you an entirely different part of PA plus some of Ohio and maybe even WV depending on where in Pgh.

If the distance of the entire state of PA is ok, then the OP really is looking for any BNT between, say, CT and VA and that's an insane list to try to compile.
    ~Veronica

Erie,P.A

In the middle of the state, Jerre Frankauser (I am sure I butchered the spelling of that). Does he still teach? He used to coach F&M's IHSA team, I think.
    ~Veronica

Kate Gerhart of North Ridge Farm is in sellersville pa here is the link to her northridgefarmsonline.com/AboutUsLLC.htm

Nick Edmunds of Hidden Pearl Farm in Bethal Pa. He is less BN than Kate but he is also a great jumper rider and trainer. Both are great trainers but Nick would be my choice if I had to choose between the two. My phone is being stupid and won't let me post the link to his website but if you google hidden pearl farm you should find it. Sorry if the link to north ridge doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    But that's the point. Without narrowing it down, we don't know what's in a 9 hour radius. Say you want to ride within a 2 hour radius. If you live in Philly that gives you options in PA, NJ, and even DE. If you live in Central PA, it doesn't. If you live in Pittsburgh, it gives you an entirely different part of PA plus some of Ohio and maybe even WV depending on where in Pgh.

If the distance of the entire state of PA is ok, then the OP really is looking for any BNT between, say, CT and VA and that's an insane list to try to compile.
    She didn't ask for a 9 hour radius. She asked for BNT's in PA. Of course, there may be people in other states that are closer but that wasn't the question posed by the OP, which was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolor View Post
    She didn't ask for a 9 hour radius. She asked for BNT's in PA. Of course, there may be people in other states that are closer but that wasn't the question posed by the OP, which was my point.
    And my point was that it's a pretty big state and virtually impossible to list all the BNTs therein. Especially when it seems unlikely that's really what the OP wanted to know.
    ~Veronica

1 members found this post helpful.