The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Mine is about $96 for a follow up with a $50 call fee it so. If I have 3 or more horses at the farm, call fee is waived.

DVM that specializes in chiro and acupuncture.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    My chiro/acupuncture vet charges $85 with a $30 farm call that she splits between the owners whose horses she works on that day. Worth every cent!
    Laurie, do you mind if I ask who you use? I'm in SE PA right near Fair Hill, so maybe not too far for your chiro. I have one horse I'd love to have looked at.

Sheila
    Sheila Zeltt
    Chestnut Run Stable & Zeltt Racing Stable
    www.Zeltt.com
    Standing "Tiz Brian" at Stud, 16.1 h bay TB by Tiznow

In NJ you need to be a vet to do chiropractic work. The woman I use was a human chiropractor, then went to vet school and now does only horses. She charges $230 for an adjustment and acupuncture. Not sure what the call fee is, but my horse gets both treatments in one visit. Usually don't need her again for another 6 months.

Chestnut Run, she's in Frenchtown, NJ, maybe not too far from you. She travels to several states to work on horses. Her name is Dr. Carole Edwards.

$95, very experienced DVM who now only does chiro/ acupuncture.

Quote Originally Posted by davistina67 View Post
    $125-$175 per horse by a vet specializing in chiro. That's with no call fee.
    Me too. I don't pay a call fee. That is the total cost. It's about $50 more for the first visit and then it's a straight $125. I pay this for a vet that specializes in chiro work.

$90 for chiro and saddle fit check, more if the flocking is adjusted. Experienced DVM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coreene View Post
    The very sad merit badge earned by a true horsewoman: the one where she puts the horse before herself. The most gracious final reward any horse can hope for, and lucky are those horses who receive it.

$35 for the local gal, who is quite good, $40 for the really great body worker and chiro that I have to haul to... But hauling costs me $90 to get there. If she ever comes here it is $60.

Neither is a vet but both are certified in chiro, bowen, and energy work and I have been happier with what they have done than I was with the MUCH more expensive DVM... As was my horse.

Definitely a little woo-woo, but if the horse gives it a thumbs up, then I am game.

2 members found this post helpful.

$90 per horse for DVM who now only does chiro (horses, dogs, etc)
    A friend told me I was delusional. I almost fell off my unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by costco_muffins View Post
    $35 for the local gal, who is quite good, $40 for the really great body worker and chiro that I have to haul to... But hauling costs me $90 to get there. If she ever comes here it is $60.

Neither is a vet but both are certified in chiro, bowen, and energy work and I have been happier with what they have done than I was with the MUCH more expensive DVM... As was my horse.

Definitely a little woo-woo, but if the horse gives it a thumbs up, then I am game.
    So this person is not a vet but is a doctor in human chiro right?

So this person is not a vet but is a doctor in human chiro right?

Mine is a human/equine chiro not a vet. We split the trip fee between 3-4 boarders. Ends up costing me 65.00 per horse, although last time he checked my mare and told me she didn't need much, so he didn't charge me anything. I have seen a real difference since using him too- I'm super happy.
    ~Former Pet Store Manager (10yrs)
    ~Vintage Toy Dealer (rememberswhen.us)
    Mom to : 1 Horse, 4 Dogs, 4 Cats, 1 Macaw, 6 (Former) Stepkids

I use a vet who was previously a fantastic routine care vet, and now specializes in only chiropractic, acupuncture, and occasional sport horse medicine; seems like I usually pay about $150, splitting a visit with a neighbor, and we live 90 minutes from her. Worth every penny to me as my horse is amazingly sounder and more comfortable after an adjustment.

1 members found this post helpful.

Nope, not a human chiro, but has done class work in horse bodywork, acupuncture, energy work, and Bowen.

Nope, not a human chiro, but has done class work in horse bodywork, acupuncture, energy work, and Bowen.
    OK, not trying to be mean here at all but you are getting the wool pulled over your eyes. The reason it is only $35 is because it is not a legit business, they have no insurance, they are not certified in chiro, they have no business practicing veterinary med, hmmm and probably many other things! This is like saying that your hair dresser charges $20 for chiro on your horse and is certified to do so! I am actually surprised it isn't cheaper since they are not legit and have no training. You may want to do your homework, they can't be certified in chiro.

I only bring it up because if someone has little or no training and aren't suppose to be doing it, it is not right to have other people think you can get it done that cheap. Sadly, much like people that call themselves equine dentists. Sure you can pay $40 for a float, but it's a complete waste!

I think the assessment and adjustment were $75.00 and the call was split among 4 owners. I think it was about $100 + tax.

by a vet who specializes in chiro work.
    My own vet is currently taking the course and will be certified next month!

The requirements and certifications vary from state to state. While I would be careful about using a non-DVM, it doesn't mean someone isn't skilled. My state doesn't require certifications and I pay $130 to a person that isn't a vet.

4 members found this post helpful.

$125 for one horse, $110 for more than one. He's a human chiro doctor, does humans, equines and dogs.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by I'dRatherBRiding View Post
    What's the going rate for chiro?
    It's been a while since I had to do chiro but the guidance price I can remember is ... $TOO DAMN MUCH. They tend to take some incredible hourly wages, which is understandable with their education. Still, I'm happy I haven't needed it for a while.

$100 for vet/Chiro. No call fee, he comes once per month and does however many horses are on list.

Quote Originally Posted by davistina67 View Post
    OK, not trying to be mean here at all but you are getting the wool pulled over your eyes. The reason it is only $35 is because it is not a legit business, they have no insurance, they are not certified in chiro, they have no business practicing veterinary med, hmmm and probably many other things! This is like saying that your hair dresser charges $20 for chiro on your horse and is certified to do so! I am actually surprised it isn't cheaper since they are not legit and have no training. You may want to do your homework, they can't be certified in chiro.

I only bring it up because if someone has little or no training and aren't suppose to be doing it, it is not right to have other people think you can get it done that cheap. Sadly, much like people that call themselves equine dentists. Sure you can pay $40 for a float, but it's a complete waste!
    I agree in many ways, BUT - thankfully unlike with quack doctors or untrained barefoot trimmers, fake chiropractors can rarely do very much damage. If my friend had some massage courses and offered to try it out on my horse I'd totally accept; I sure as hell wouldn't pay her anything for it but I wouldn't be worried that she'd do damage. Of course I realise there's a difference between massage and chiro, but ... still?:-)