The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What is the going rate for chiro?

My mare doesn't have any real problems or pain, that we're aware of, but I like to do a chiro visit in the spring just to get her ready for show season, with a follow up visit if necessary. The first time I used a Vet/Chiro suggested by a trainer and it set me back $250 ($150 for the exam/treatment plus a $100 call fee) and I was in sticker shock. The second time was with the same vet at trainers barn, so call fee was waived and bill was only $150. The following year I tried a different Vet/Chiro and the exam/treatment was $133, with I think another $100 call fee (just maybe $75 though). Well that second vet contacted me recently to set something up, and my wallet is already cringing at the thought! I want to get a couple people to sign up with me and split the call fee, but most of the boarders in my barn wouldn't even shell out the treatment cost alone. What do most people pay for chiro services, with or without the call fee? Any suggestions for other providers here in PA?

Metro Atlanta area = $85
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

$125-$175 per horse by a vet specializing in chiro. That's with no call fee.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoMare View Post
    Metro Atlanta area = $85
    Just curious, is that a vet that specializes?

Would be great if people put what type of person provides the treatment as that makes a huge difference in cost.

Vet that specializes in central Texas area = $250 +split farm call with whoever else at the barn is getting adjusted. That was two years ago...

mine is VERY expensive, but he's a vet and does accupuncture as well as chiro...and worth every penny. Charge is around $260 if no one shares the farm visit fee.

Oh, sorry my bad. She's Equine & Human Chiro only.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

Quote Originally Posted by davistina67 View Post
    Just curious, is that a vet that specializes?

Would be great if people put what type of person provides the treatment as that makes a huge difference in cost.
    Yes, I'm curious as well. I prefer a vet that specializes myself.

I shoudl add I think the farm fee is only like $50-60 for my guy

Oh, sorry my bad. She's Equine & Human Chiro only.
    Not picking but just asking. So the person for 85 is not a vet, just a human chiro? Are they also certified in equine chiro? I only ask because there is a lot of this going on. Human chiros trying to adjust horses and doing it cheap and they have no training and no license to do so. People think they are getting the same treatment and most likely they aren't. Just things to think about is all.

In Southern California; no call fee because he, a vet, comes for several horses, $90 per horse. If he checks them and they don't need adjustment, he doesn't charge.

Quote Originally Posted by davistina67 View Post
    Not picking but just asking. So the person for 85 is not a vet, just a human chiro? Are they also certified in equine chiro? I only ask because there is a lot of this going on. Human chiros trying to adjust horses and doing it cheap and they have no training and no license to do so. People think they are getting the same treatment and most likely they aren't. Just things to think about is all.

Yes, she is State certified. She got her human first and then equine.

TN, MS, TX not sure where else he goes...he's amazing. Charges $150 per horse no barn call fee. Love him he is a DVM

Yes, she is State certified. She got her human first and then equine.
    I was curious so I just looked as I thought that seemed cheap for that area. From what I see, your human chiropractor is not licensed and can not be licensed to work on horses. In GA they have to work under the license of your vet that sees the horse and under your vets supervision. Which means a human chiropractor in that case has no insurance fees to pay, no license fees to pay or no continuing education to pay. All those things add up.

Around here the price I paid was around $150, and it is higher now.
    Missouri Fox Trotters-To ride one is to own one

Standardbreds, so much more then a harness racing horse.

My chiro/acupuncture vet charges $85 with a $30 farm call that she splits between the owners whose horses she works on that day. Worth every cent!

My vet charges $75 and since we usually do several at the same time, there is no farm call. If there is vet work along with chiro, we split the farm call (which I think is $60).

$105.00 for a certified equine chiro, who was a human chiro first.

I'm in Texas and it seems like it was $100 - $125 last time. He does several horses at our facility, so I honestly don't know if there is a farm charge or if it's just split between us.

in western pa:

human chiro and equine certified. 150.00 for one horse. he cuts off 50.00 when he does both my horses.