The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I feed both wet and dry. She gets a 3oz can wet chunks (she will not touch pate types) split into am/pm and then about 1/4 cup grain free dry cat food daily. She is super shiny! We joke about her "cat belly flap", but she's a good weight and only gained one ounce between 2011 and her 2012 yearly shots. She will be 3 y/o in April.

I feed wet for the moisture content. I feed the dry for ease if I have to go out of town and can't get someone to come over everyday (then she gets a whole can put out on the days they do come to feed/clean box).

LOL The belly flap. I call it their seam allowance since apparently it facilitates their gymnastic leaps.

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

Quote Originally Posted by paulaedwina View Post
    LOL The belly flap. I call it their seam allowance since apparently it facilitates their gymnastic leaps.

Paula
    I know I've heard that as well. I've told hubby that. My cat should have a super leap then as her flap swings side to side when she trots by lol.

All of my sister's cats are fed a raw diet. One of them has pica, and it seems better if she gets a few bits of dry food with her meals. Maybe she needs that crunchy texture or something.

This cats eats anything: socks, towels, tissues, you name it.

I think that is one of the reasons I will continue to add kibble. Who can live on paste alone? I think texture is important so I will continue to make kibble paste soup.

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

I have 6. They all get free choice dry and a small amount of wet twice a day. I have three bowls of water throughout the house and it seems to help with the amount they drink. No problems. No one is overweight or unhealthy.

We also have water bowls everywhere for the cats. They have 1 dedicated to them on the kitchen counter so the dogs can't empty it or slobber water all over the hardwood floors. But there are 2 in our bathroom (one is really the dogs', but the cats drink from it too, the other is a "proper" kitty bowl LOL), and there are 2 bowls in the downstairs bathroom that are technically the dogs' as well, but the cats stroll through for a drink.

I DO think having it always around and in many places helps a lot, as they can drink on a whim instead of deciding if they're really thirsty enough to walk all the way to the other end of the house for a drink