The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    east central Illinois and working north to the 'burbs

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    Why the pile on the OP??
    Seriously?

All anyone has done is to ask for clarification so they can offer the informed opinions, experiences and advice.

If requests for detailed information are considered by you to be 'piling on, I suggest you go and purchase some Big Girl Panties and start wearing them immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Burten View Post
    Seriously?

All anyone has done is to ask for clarification so they can offer the informed opinions, experiences and advice.

If requests for detailed information are considered by you to be 'piling on, I suggest you go and purchase some Big Girl Panties and start wearing them immediately.
    There's a difference between saying "I need some clarification to give you a more informed opinion" and going line-by-line making the OP feel like an idiot. And I don't think you need to wear any particular undergarments to know the difference in tone between your post #31 and #41. How exactly was asking the OP to quantify her horse's injury on a sale of 1-10 glaning necessary information to give her an informed opinion? It was just being rude. The OP already said she's getting further detail from her vet and may have garbled the information. No need to make her feel stupid on top of that.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

1 members found this post helpful.

There's a difference between saying "I need some clarification to give you a more informed opinion" and going line-by-line making the OP feel like an idiot.
    Evidently you don't ken the idea of breaking down a topic into quantities that are more readily dealt with. Its OK, there are many others in your boat.

And I don't think you need to wear any particular undergarments to know the difference in tone between your post #31 and #41. How exactly was asking the OP to quantify her horse's injury on a sale of 1-10 glaning necessary information to give her an informed opinion?
    Your first four words of the above passage are the most honest and truthful ones you have ever written. And, if you don't understand why the question I posed in post #31 is relevant, then IMO, you have no business interacting on a forum such as this.

And yes, my tone in post #41 is different because I was not responding to the OP. And because I don't suffer fools and their foolishness much if at all, my attitude often shines through in the perceived tone of my musings.

It was just being rude.
    ROTFLAMO! If you believe that asking for detailed answers in order to provide accurate and informed answers/advice is rude, then perhaps you should consider joining a 'sweetness and light' or 'sunshine, lollipops and roses' forum.

The OP already said she's getting further detail from her vet and may have garbled the information.
    Which would then allow her to answer the questions posed and for the responders to offer better, accurate, answers.
    No need to make her feel stupid on top of that.
    Your expert, acquired insight perhaps? However, no one save yourself, has even intimated that the OP is or might be, stupid. Your [at least, latest] reply OTOH.......

On the up side, the OP will now be better positioned to know what type of information she should have at hand before posting. Seems like a winning situation all around, no?

Yes there is! My mare had a hind high suspensory injury last September and I had her treated with PRP (can't remember what it stands for, but it is a therapy where they withdrawal blood from the horse, take it back to the clinic/lab and spin it in a centrifuge to separate the platelets from the plasma and re-inject back into the injury site of the horse) and she is healing quite well!

It takes time no matter what you do, but this treatment has accelerated her healing and reduced scar tissue (which is what can cause weakness and re-injury in the future) dramatically! It has been a slow process of restricted and controlled rest and activity, but we are in month 5 of recovery and she is expected to have a full recovery to resume eventing again.

We are up to 40 minutes of hand-walking and will start walking under saddle soon! She has very LITTLE scar tissue and the ligament is filling in with new ligament tissue really well.

Dont' despair, she can heal!! Just a time consuming recovery process. Good luck!

Seriously?

I think it seemed quite obvious that after the final diagnosis from the Ultrasound that she felt she had things under control and didn't need anymore opinions/advice as she had discussed what was to be done with her vet.

If an @sshole spews nonsense in the woods just to hear himself speak, but everyone has him on ignore... does he make a sound?
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ElisLove View Post
    I think it seemed quite obvious that after the final diagnosis from the Ultrasound that she felt she had things under control and didn't need anymore opinions/advice as she had discussed what was to be done with her vet.
    Unfortunately, that's not the way it works on the internet.

If an @sshole spews nonsense in the woods just to hear himself speak, but everyone has him on ignore... does he make a sound?
    Speaking of nonsense............

Unfortunately, that's not the way it works on the internet.
    Um, ya it does. That's why she didn't give you the information you were so intent on finding out. She can choose not to answer you and there's nothing you can do to make her.

I don't think the OP is obligated to share more than she wants to share. FWIW, though, when my horse pulled his suspensory, it did pull slightly away from the bone at the point of origin. That bit of the injury was actually visible on x-ray (ultrasound also showed a core lesion from origin to mid-body).

Anyway, that was in...2009, I think. He rehabbed well from it and went back to his regular work just fine. Took a year to rehab.