The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default TB pedigree

What do you think of this guy for sport?
    http://www.pedigreequery.com/turn+and+counter

Turn and Count! You don't see him too often. I had a horse whose sire was out of a Turn and Count mare. He was a really nice hunter; great mover with a nice jump. Not scientific, but there ya go.
    "No, not anything goes, I said no rules!"

looks fairly strong for jump and sport but of course is a bit older of a pedigree....and the horse is 17. How was he in sport?
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

I have a mare whose damsire is out of a Turn and Count mare. That damsire--Fuzziano-- produced a 3* event horse in Texas, but I've forgotten the name.

She's an alpha mare who doesn't have the greatest conformation, but she is very, very smart. She doesn't have a hunter style jump at all.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by bornfreenowexpensive View Post
    looks fairly strong for jump and sport but of course is a bit older of a pedigree....and the horse is 17. How was he in sport?
    he sat in a field and was a bomb around trail horse for 10 years and I got him at 14. I was out of riding for a couple years and now I'm trying to get him in shape for some low level dressage and maybe jumpers (like 2'6" jumpers, nothing major as he does have a tiny bit of arthritis but is 100% sound). focusing on dressage for now. He's a great mover and has a decent jump.
    I just was curious as to what others thought of his pedigree. Obviously he's not going to go too far at this point, but I was just wondering.