The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Where is Borrego?

Does anyone know where Borrego went? Haven't heard back from Wintergreen.....
    And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. Revelation 19:11

I believe he was sold to Venezuela. I'll have to double check, though...
    "No, not anything goes, I said no rules!"

"No, not anything goes, I said no rules!"

Translated:

BORREGO, a dual Grade 1 winner and sire of $ 2,000,000 will be in Venezuela
    April 12, 2012 By Jaime Casas Section: National Breeding
    53 Comments
    Joy and Haras Haras Del Mar meet in the acquisition of this valuable specimen

Stock BORREGO while in Wintergreen Farm in Kentucky. In 2012 he served the jump to $ 5,000
    In the last two years, has been really impressive the amount of new stallions of the highest caliber who have entered the country. Some, incorporated into our breeding by haras of tradition already established. But most of them are part of the dynamic and very ambitious project of new farms that have emerged wanting to improve-mostly-and increase the level of national thoroughbred.

Acquiring a quality horse BORREGO (2001, Chestnut, El Prado (Ire) - Sweet as Honey, by Strike the Gold) is a clear reflection of this. A son of El Prado , the Sadler's Wells more "Americanized" that may have been present, which reached victories in two events of great historical weight in horse racing in the United States, as the Jockey Club Gold Cup (Gr 1) in New York -defeating Suave and Sun King - and the Pacific Classic S. (Gr. 1) California-beating Perfect Drift and Lava Man ​​- both racing a million dollars and 2000 meters in sand, which ran the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness, which totaled more than $ 2,000,000 in profits, and who already has children in the United States have produced, to date, more than 1.6 million, it seems, by all accounts, an acquisition of great significance for our breeding.

To view full details of your line, you can see the page of Thorughbred Times Stallion Register here

Borrego will come soon to Venezuela. Its new owners, Haras The Joy of Christian Hurtado and Carlos Luis Uzcátegui of Del Mar, contemplating sending it before doing "shuttle" in a South American country, which could well be Peru, Chile and Argentina, where they would have the opportunity to fulfill a breeding season from July this year, and then, in December, would travel to Venezuela to adapt and begin in February, the 2013 breeding season. Would stay at Haras La Alegría.

With $ 2,052,090 in winnings, Borrego is the largest producer of money abroad joined the Venezuelan breeding.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries