The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

We started early as well with the keeper filly we were hoping for! Here is Legendary NHF (AKA "Ruby") by Don Alfredo out of our foundation mare Legacy (Salut/Magnet).
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1e40942ee5

1 down 3 to go! Next up is our SPS Wega X Balou Du Rouet baby..."due date" of April 1.
    Last edited by NorthHillFarm; Mar. 20, 2013 at 02:59 PM. Reason: adding

my t.b. mare ionia xx had her filly "carly" by conen (chequille/landclassic) just couple of days ago - she is the greatest joy to watch play&fight gravity:

http://www.hippologi.com/carly.htm

scroll further down for pictures - just love her!

SHe is beatiful Fannie-Mae!
    Maryanna Haymon- Marydell Farm - Home to Don Principe & Doctor Wendell MF
    www.marydellfarm.com
    2012 USDF Champion Breeder! 2007, 2011 USEF Champ Breeder
    2009,2010,2011 USDF Res Breeder of the Year!

I only have one due this year and I still have quite a wait: 340 day mark is June 28th! But I'm ok with that. The mare won't be bred back this year, as this will be her 4th foal in a row and I think she deserves a year off.

I notice all the BLACK foals being born! I've never had a black foal, but my (chestnut) mare is in foal to Soprano and he's homozygous for dark, so I should get either dark bay or black. That will be fun.

Breeding: Soprano is the sire and the mare is by Weltmeyer o/o a Batido (Bolero) daughter. I bred her to Schroeder 2 yrs ago and that filly is amazing!! So I'm thinking she crosses well with the SH sons.

We'll see....I still don't get that excited....still along way from a healthy foal on the ground.

Safe foaling to all!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyzteke View Post
    I only have one due this year and I still have quite a wait: 340 day mark is June 28th! But I'm ok with that. The mare won't be bred back this year, as this will be her 4th foal in a row and I think she deserves a year off.

I notice all the BLACK foals being born! I've never had a black foal, but my (chestnut) mare is in foal to Soprano and he's homozygous for dark, so I should get either dark bay or black. That will be fun.

Breeding: Soprano is the sire and the mare is by Weltmeyer o/o a Batido (Bolero) daughter. I bred her to Schroeder 2 yrs ago and that filly is amazing!! So I'm thinking she crosses well with the SH sons.

We'll see....I still don't get that excited....still along way from a healthy foal on the ground.

Safe foaling to all!!
    Ooh Kyzteke, that mare has produced some lovely foals, I'm sure her Soprano baby will be gorgeous!

I'm really excited for my Coconut Grove foal, due mid June, out of a Heling/Malachit mare (bred by Galten Farms) who has produced 4 fantastic babies, all phenomenal movers with lovely necks, size (around the 17 hand mark) and unbeatable temperaments. I'm really looking forward to seeing this cross since this will be the first time the mare has been bred to a full TB. I'm thinking (hoping) for an upper level event prospect. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by *Tradewind* View Post
    Ooh Kyzteke, that mare has produced some lovely foals, I'm sure her Soprano baby will be gorgeous!
    Yes, she has! Of her three foals, the last two won their inspections, were graded Gold Premium, and finished 12th & 3rd in the nation respectively. So I am VERY excited about this foal.

The Weltmeyer/SH really do seem to nick well; the W-making a better, quicker hind-leg, and the SH giving a modern frame to the picture. At least that's the plan...

And I love that Soprano has Contender as a damsire; I think that was an
    interesting choice, but it seemed to have worked.

But again, I'm a nervous nellie when it comes to foaling and I TRY to not get all excited too early in the game (like before they're 3!). We'll see....

And there are some lovely foals due this year.

Still too early for ours yet, like Kyzteke I'm not excited yet Seems so far away still as two of the girls took their time catching.
    Expecting 3, all going well, 2x Irish Draught and 1 x IDSH. (More blacks , one has a very strong chance of being black, one will most likely be born black but will grey, and I'd give money on the IDSH being a bay)

Quote Originally Posted by fannie mae View Post
    my t.b. mare ionia xx had her filly "carly" by conen (chequille/landclassic) just couple of days ago - she is the greatest joy to watch play&fight gravity:

http://www.hippologi.com/carly.htm

scroll further down for pictures - just love her!
    She's lovely, great pictures!

2x Irish Draught and 1 x IDSH. (More blacks , one has a very strong chance of being black, one will most likely be born black but will grey, and I'd give money on the IDSH being a bay)
    Loopy, who did you breed to? My Bellman RIDSH just popped out a bay colt by KWPN/OLD/RPSI sire, Oswald, but I'm saving my Daniel frozen! lol

No foals coming this year, so I have a very bad case of foal envy right now! Love seeing everyone's pics though, and getting very excited for the warmer weather so that I can breed for next year!
    Mary/New Horizons Haflinger Sport Horses
    Standing Stellar TVR, lifetime licensed with WE, RPSI, AWS, AHR
    www.newhorizonshaflingers.com
    www.facebook.com/NewHorizonsHaflingers

Default GRP Filly

Our first foal of the season is a Bay Dun filly by FS Don't Worry out of our Bodyguard mare Laurel. We are pretty pleased with this little girl!
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=3&theater

Hope this link to a piocture works...otherwise visit Burberry's Facebook page for pics.
    Whispered Wish Weser-Ems: Breeding quality German Riding Ponies!
    Standing the stallion Burberry
    www.germanridingpony.com
    www.facebook.com/HighlifesBurberry

2 members found this post helpful.

I have 2, not due til late May/early June. I can't wait. One will definitely be a jumper Kind of Diamonds/Spectacular Bid mare to a Galoubet/Good Twist stallion. Will probably jump out of the mare.
    Tranquility Farm - Proud breeder of Born in the USA Sport Horses, and Cob-sized Warmbloods
    Now apparently completely invisible!

Quote Originally Posted by Marydell View Post
    We had a fantastic black colt by Doctor Wendell MF (Don Principe/Sandro Hit)out of EM Rising Star MF on MArch 2. Doc's first and NOT FOR SALE!
    Pics?

Dun or buckskin? Too cute either way!

here are first pics of my rock forever NRW x fidermark filly - just love her!
    http://www.hippologi.com/Rapunzel.htm (scroll down for more pics)

engl feature on sire rockforever available:
    http://www.hippologi.com/rockforeverengl.htm

1 members found this post helpful.

Oh fannie mae - she is just stunning! Congratulations on both your fillies!!!! But Rapunzel is something special IMO!!! Wow!

Who's the dun parent? Neither look dun

Sometime a few weeks ago my University farm had a really awesome looking Thoroughbred colt born! By their dominant white stallion, Directs Unique One and out of Senora Elegante. I'm super thrilled that Cracker finally had a foal born! The colt is a chestnut dominant white =)

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...42734093_n.jpg
    https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...54276618_n.jpg
    https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...55882239_n.jpg
    https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...09697498_n.jpg - hehee he had an attitude whenever Mom wouldn't stop to let him nurse!

The other mare (Naiana), is also in foal to Cracker. Crossing fingers for a colored filly (it will also be chestnut for sure)! If so, I might just have to discuss a price and buy the foal
    https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...31530877_n.jpg - she is absolutely MASSIVE! and sweet as can be, so here's hoping for a filly!
    Last edited by themarchcat; Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:27 PM. Reason: edited mare name's. got the facts straight =)
    Visit MW Equine!
    Raven Beauty - '08 JC Thoroughbred mare
    Zeecandoit - '07 JC Thoroughbred gelding
    DBT My Dark Blue - '07 AHA Arabian Mare

Oh how nice!!! I had not heard of that stallion. It's nice to (try to!) keep tabs on the DW TB lines

He's been under the radar pretty much and I think this is one of his first foals.. if I'm not mistaken (at least there are none listed on PQ). He's really a pretty cool horse, I wanted to get him back undersaddle, but never found the time to ask permission. Unfortunately, he's built more like a QH for my taste =/

http://web.tamuc.edu/academics/colle...suniqueone.pdf
    Visit MW Equine!
    Raven Beauty - '08 JC Thoroughbred mare
    Zeecandoit - '07 JC Thoroughbred gelding
    DBT My Dark Blue - '07 AHA Arabian Mare