The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Arista technical fabric dressage jacket

So I have my eye on this, and wonder how it fits... I have tried on the size M regular, and the buttons stop above my navel, so I think I need the tall - but i don't want it to be too long. Anyone have one?

(It's the one with 4 snaps down the front, one vent in back....)

TIA
    L

Can't help you with this specific jacket but I LOVE Arista clothing. Wish it was easier to find!

Thumbs up ARISTA!!

Lorilu, I have this jacket in a medium tall and it is gorgeous!! I tried one on at Dressage at Devon. The store only had the MT in black and I wanted midnight blue. Arista had no more in stock. I went to their website and called all the stores on the East Coast that carry Arista with no luck in locating one. So, I called Arista in Canada and spoke with the owner Fran. No new coats were to be made until Jan-Feb 2013. Fran contacted every dealer who carrys Arista until she located a medium tall in blue at a mobile tack shop. She took my CC info and arranged to have the jacket shipped to me. This was in November. I LOVE this jacket. It could not be more elegant and flattering. Plus, the snap closure works very well for my arthritic fingers. I would highly recommend the company and the jacket. Quality and exemplary service. And, the jacket at $270.00 fits so much better than my wool Pikeur Diana at $475.00! It is machine washable and dryable to boot! So elegant. I can't wait to show in it and my new Sergio boots.
    Last edited by Maude; Jan. 27, 2013 at 07:38 AM.
    "You post all your drama on Facebook and get mad when people judge you? You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?"

I bought a Arista Dressage coat with the snaps, velvet collar, and stretchy techinical fabric at a show in Sept 2012. LOVE IT. The buttons did stop a little above my navel but doesn't look bad at all. I am wide in the hips and worried a little about it flapping open too much due to my shape so after first show in it; I just sewed a little piece of velcro inside about inch down from last button so it doesn't flap open too wide and it works great. I couldnt pass this coat up at the show with it on sale and they can be hard to come by.

Thanks everyone. Looks like I'll get it!