The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone have proplems with Equuspring waterer heating elements?

I have 20 of these stall waterers in my barn, and some of the heaters in the waterers work fine, but some heat the water too hot, it feels like bathwater to me, so I am concerned that my horses might not want overly warm water. The heating element is supposed to be automatic and so can not be adjusted to my knowledge. It is supposed to come on at 40 degrees and shut off "automatically", according to the website. DH is an electrician, and he installed them, so he is going to take one apart. They have one year warrenties and this is the second year we have had them. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem? Possible fixes?

Quote Originally Posted by mpsbarnmanager View Post
    I have 20 of these stall waterers in my barn, and some of the heaters in the waterers work fine, but some heat the water too hot, it feels like bathwater to me, so I am concerned that my horses might not want overly warm water. The heating element is supposed to be automatic and so can not be adjusted to my knowledge. It is supposed to come on at 40 degrees and shut off "automatically", according to the website. DH is an electrician, and he installed them, so he is going to take one apart. They have one year warrenties and this is the second year we have had them. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem? Possible fixes?
    Have you contacted the manufacturer to see what they say?
    Siouxland Sporthorses: http://slsfarm.blogspot.com/

DIY Journey of Remodeling the Farmette: http://weownblackacre.blogspot.com/