The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KellyS View Post
    I know I speak for most of us here when I say "THANK YOU" for what you did! If only more people were as brave as you were to come forward and try to seek justice for an animal that had no say in the care or drugs it was given, and paid the ultimate price--with its life.

I have such respect for you and only hope I would have the same courage to come forward if faced with a similar situation. Your daughter is lucky to have a mom like you, and this sport is lucky that you are a very special person who has not lost sight of horse welfare in the constant battle for ribbons and glory.

I am so saddened that you are being persecuted because the USEF did not have the back bone to uphold your protest. They have lost my support (and many others).
    Yes, I think of you sometimes and wonder if I would have had the guts to go through with the protest. Thank you! Your daughter is very lucky to have you. Wish this hadn't happened to anyone. I hope you at least managed to laugh at the video of that crazy character threatening to sue Jesus.

2 members found this post helpful.

What I don't understand is, if its Ponymom2012's daughter (or someone like her) who actually lost her leased pony for the show, and possibly lost out on some of her 'junior year', why is it EM who is suing for a lost junior year for her daughter? The daughter wasn't riding Humble. Was there any reason why her daughter was unable to regroup and continue showing under someone else with other horses if her mother, because of her inability to follow rules, was banned from the showgrounds?
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Instride View Post
    MAYBE WE ALL AS USEF members should start a petition asking for her permanent suspension due to the negative nature of her presence. Since SHE has called for the masses to support her - which any SANE person wouldn't - maybe we should use her tactics on her. We shall call it the - "GET RID OF MANDARINO INITIATIVE" I bet we would get a TON of signatures for the board of directors at USEF to review. Now read this email she wrote and sent this morning to the USEF with her intent to pursue legal action. http://amberhillponies.com/Amber_Hil...o_v._USEF.html
    Maybe USEF should remember that they are a private organization funded by memberships. They have all kinds of rules regarding suspensions and fines, etc. There have been several instances in the past where certain individuals were permanantly suspended because of their actions in relationship to our industry. (I am in no way saying that the actions of this op are deleterious to our sport in comparison to the actions of those individuals)
    That being said, USEF had other options in 'dealing' with those individuals who caused such dissension. I'm not sure they ever considered them. It's obvious to anyone who's ever been a member of any club. Maybe someone should point out this alternative to them for future reference.. It's bullet proof, and final....... Guess we'll see.

Dear Elizabeth-

Sometimes, just sometimes, when you think it is everyone else, it is really you.

Sincerely,
    everyone else

42 members found this post helpful.

^this sentiment might creep into the next episode of the Gambino files!

Eta, if I have enough xtranormal points left, lol!

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazzu View Post
    I never had a pony during my junior years.
    I demand all my junior years back!
    Me too! I never rode at all as a kid--I'll sue USEF for not providing me equal opportunities to show!
    "Remain relentlessly cheerful."

Graphite/Pastel Portraits

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Purepony View Post
    Maybe USEF should remember that they are a private organization funded by memberships. They have all kinds of rules regarding suspensions and fines, etc. There have been several instances in the past where certain individuals were permanantly suspended because of their actions in relationship to our industry. (I am in no way saying that the actions of this op are deleterious to our sport in comparison to the actions of those individuals)
    That being said, USEF had other options in 'dealing' with those individuals who caused such dissension. I'm not sure they ever considered them. It's obvious to anyone who's ever been a member of any club. Maybe someone should point out this alternative to them for future reference.. It's bullet proof, and final....... Guess we'll see.
    In those instances USEF was only able to move forward with a lifetime suspensions after they were found guilty in a court of law.

Dearest Horseyninjawarrior,

Thank you for existing.

Sincerely,

GingerJumper.
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Molly99 View Post
    In those instances USEF was only able to move forward with a lifetime suspensions after they were found guilty in a court of law.
    The alternative here is simple, I think. If Purepony is thinking what I am thinking, USEF wouldn't have to do much to have absolutely nothing to do with this person again.
    Don't spur a willing horse - Anon.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    Is AHF the only one not seeing the glaring irony of taking the Humble Initiative name?

"I demand you change the things that made it possible for me to kill my pony and get away with it. And name it after that dead pony"
    Yeah, last couple of times she was on here she demanded I stop using the term Humble Initiative (which was actually started by Rug Bug and adopted by Cothers in general before I stuck it in a thread title), threatened to sue me for proposing timely blood draws. Just the other dayshe demanded I take another thread down or else that was NOT about her until she came on it.

I guess she will copyright the term and sue us all.

Anybody else notice one of the first "demands" is all about her and her suspension? Don't read any real compassion about the animals.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

4 members found this post helpful.

Would USEF, as a private member club we all pay dues for, not have something somewhere in its by laws in reference to rescinding a membership at their discretion? That would seem like the simplest course of action. This member has certainly exhibited enough "symptoms" that I believe USEF would be justified.

8 members found this post helpful.

Time for in-patient I'm afraid

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by skydy View Post
    I find this debacle just as "offensive" as you do. I just don't believe that a petition will solve anything.

Do you really think that USEF is unaware of how people feel about a pony dying at the end of a needle?

A petition would not have solved anything in the Jill Burnell debacle either. What actually brought the Jill Burnell situation to a head was a post, by a relative, with pictures, on THIS BB's Breeders forum.

I don't think that anyone here has touted this BB as an answer to the E.M. problem. It is a discussion.

The buck has to stop at USEF. They have been so ineffectual and apparently so hamstrung by their own rules that they cannot bring themselves to act.

If the USEF is not swayed to act by an article in the New York Times, then do you really think an internet petition will sway them? This BB is followed by the PTB and I am confident that our opinions are heard loud and clear and have been since the death of Humble.

Will the USEF act, as most of us would hope they will, in this situation? They have not done so at this point in time. We can only hope they will grow a set..
    but a "petition" isn't going to make that happen.
    I think you misunderstood me..I am in no way saying that the conversations on this BB are not helpful. I believe we need them as well and they have brought plenty of important facts to light to some that would not have known otherwise. But I do not believe that the PTB can act solely off of posts on a BB or she would be gone by now. That being said I think signing a petition in relation to the individual just proves our drive to see this through. I think it may hold some weight as a submittable protest form for USEF to consider from the membership at large. I'm not actually holding my breath that it will make a difference just willing to do anything that could make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Instride View Post
    Would USEF, as a private member club we all pay dues for, not have something somewhere in its by laws in reference to rescinding a membership at their discretion? That would seem like the simplest course of action. This member has certainly exhibited enough "symptoms" that I believe USEF would be justified.
    Theoretically, yes.

But the USEF has already proven that it doesn't even have the mettle to maintain a suspension on a person who was suspected to be directly responsible for the death of a pony at a show, simply because said person did not fully cooperate with the investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    Time for in-patient I'm afraid
    If she keeps it up, surely we'll have grounds for a 302 pretty soon.

Honestly, as sorry as I feel for that poor kid, it's not like she has lost her whole "Junior years". She is pretty young yet, barely out of the Ponies onto the horses and has...what...4 years left?

Not talking about a top nationally ranked Junior on the verge of aging out losing part of the year. I fail to see where dragging her into this list of demands is appropriate.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyS View Post
    I know I speak for most of us here when I say "THANK YOU" for what you did! If only more people were as brave as you were to come forward and try to seek justice for an animal that had no say in the care or drugs it was given, and paid the ultimate price--with its life.

I have such respect for you and only hope I would have the same courage to come forward if faced with a similar situation. Your daughter is lucky to have a mom like you, and this sport is lucky that you are a very special person who has not lost sight of horse welfare in the constant battle for ribbons and glory.

I am so saddened that you are being persecuted because the USEF did not have the back bone to uphold your protest. They have lost my support (and many others).

Ponymom2012 let me add my official, public, and heartfelt thanks for what you did. You are a hero.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by findeight View Post
    I fail to see where dragging her into this list of demands is appropriate.
    Her mother seems to like to pull her daughter into the mess, I assume as an attempt to get sympathy.
    Too bad the mother does not seem to (want to) realize how much her dramatics are messing with her daughter.

5 members found this post helpful.

Someone really ought to summon CPS because this is truly a tragedy. Not only is she completely destroying herself, she is dragging that poor child with her. This is the saddest thing I have ever watched unfold in public and on a public forum. The Federation would do well to end this very public breakdown.
    The thing about smart people, is they look like crazy people, to dumb people.

Quote Originally Posted by horseyninjawarrior View Post
    Any references to actual persons or places are purely coincidence and not intentional. No animals were harmed in the making of this film.
    Well, these two sentences are redundant, I think, in this situation. and at the same time.

Horseyninjawarrior and Purepony have shown some sparkling creativity on this thread. OMG, as the young people say, you rock!