The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by horseyninjawarrior View Post
    I think anyone who's pony blew an abcess or had an off day should get another junior year!
    I never had a pony during my junior years.
    I demand all my junior years back!
    "It's like a Russian nesting doll of train wrecks."--CaitlinandTheBay

...just settin' on the Group W bench.

38 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by alittlegray View Post
    That was hysterical!!!
    THIS IS CLASSIC!

1 members found this post helpful.

I'm very seriously considering signing Dorthy Gale's petition if only because no ponies should be bought nor children born into this kind of insanity. [edit]
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Jan. 24, 2013 at 01:28 PM. Reason: language
    "And my good dreams? They all come with a velvet muzzle and four legs. All my good dreams are about horses."--In Colt Blood

COTH Barn Rats Clique!

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/1412...-to-washington

Ms. Gambino appeals to President Obama for help. No animals were harmed in the making of this film. Once again, this is intended for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to persons real or imagined is strictly coincidence.

11 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    Is AHF the only one not seeing the glaring irony of taking the Humble Initiative name?

"I demand you change the things that made it possible for me to kill my pony and get away with it. And name it after that dead pony"
    Ha!! Ha hah!! Best synopsis yet.
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TatteredDaydreamer View Post
    I'm very seriously considering signing Dorthy Gale's petition if only because no ponies should be bought nor children born into this kind of insanity. What a clusterf***.
    Ok, I can't help but ask.. How will signing a petition, saying you believe Ms. Mandarino is a bad sport, keep ponies or children from being bought or born "into this kind of insanity"?

Horseyninjawarrior, Well done!

3 members found this post helpful.

that was great horseyninjawarrior! i think you need to send it to the USEF! they will have a chuckle!

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by horseyninjawarrior View Post
    http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/1412...-to-washington

Ms. Gambino appeals to President Obama for help. No animals were harmed in the making of this film. Once again, this is intended for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to persons real or imagined is strictly coincidence.
    You have talent!! Thank you!!

No sweat! I will keep making them as long as I can afford to

May I make a request? Dr. Phil?

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by skydy View Post
    Ok, I can't help but ask.. How will signing a petition, saying you believe Ms. Mandarino is a bad sport, keep ponies or children from being bought or born "into this kind of insanity"?

IMO it will be more useful than the the BB threads. It's a means to an end, in hoping that plenty of people sign it and USEF, or the powers that be, to take notice that the membership is not in support of the behavior of EM/AHF. I mean her rants and thought process are ludicrous. She has brought far to much "bad press" to the industry and continues to put herself center stage. Two options - we sit back and ignore her completely or we try to do something about it. I don't see it as any different than the example that was made of JB/GFF (for which she earned and deserves). Too many people sat by knowing she was a problem and look where that ended up. Many were upset that everyone kept to themselves for so long. How is this situation not in the same caliber of offensive? Just because we can't prove what was in that needle doesn't mean we all don't really know what was in it. Administering the shot itself, legal or not, caused the reaction that killed the pony or that is how I understand the medical report that was published. Had she not been "medicating" the pony so heavily all the time maybe someone would have noticed the "lung issue" sooner, he was coughing the night before as she stated. But to then play the victim and blame everyone else is beyond irrational.

Quote Originally Posted by FineAlready View Post
    I really can't believe that EM publicly posted e-mail exchanges between her attorney and counsel for USEF. From a lawyer's perspective, that's absolutely horrifying.
    From a great movie...

That's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see how it plays out for her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ru8DMW-grY
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Instride View Post
    IMO it will be more useful than the the BB threads. It's a means to an end, in hoping that plenty of people sign it and USEF, or the powers that be, to take notice that the membership is not in support of the behavior of EM/AHF. I mean her rants and thought process are ludicrous. She has brought far to much "bad press" to the industry and continues to put herself center stage. Two options - we sit back and ignore her completely or we try to do something about it. I don't see it as any different than the example that was made of JB/GFF (for which she earned and deserves). Too many people sat by knowing she was a problem and look where that ended up. Many were upset that everyone kept to themselves for so long. How is this situation not in the same caliber of offensive? Just because we can't prove what was in that needle doesn't mean we all don't really know what was in it. Administering the shot itself, legal or not, caused the reaction that killed the pony or that is how I understand the medical report that was published. Had she not been "medicating" the pony so heavily all the time maybe someone would have noticed the "lung issue" sooner, he was coughing the night before as she stated. But to then play the victim and blame everyone else is beyond irrational.
    I find this debacle just as "offensive" as you do. I just don't believe that a petition will solve anything.

Do you really think that USEF is unaware of how people feel about a pony dying at the end of a needle?

A petition would not have solved anything in the Jill Burnell debacle either. What actually brought the Jill Burnell situation to a head was a post, by a relative, with pictures, on THIS BB's Breeders forum.

I don't think that anyone here has touted this BB as an answer to the E.M. problem. It is a discussion.

The buck has to stop at USEF. They have been so ineffectual and apparently so hamstrung by their own rules that they cannot bring themselves to act.

If the USEF is not swayed to act by an article in the New York Times, then do you really think an internet petition will sway them? This BB is followed by the PTB and I am confident that our opinions are heard loud and clear and have been since the death of Humble.

Will the USEF act, as most of us would hope they will, in this situation? They have not done so at this point in time. We can only hope they will grow a set..
    but a "petition" isn't going to make that happen.

5 members found this post helpful.

Horseyninjawarrior- You are my hero!! I almost piaffed my pants!

I can say I have never shown hunters in a recognized show, and I am glad tha the kind of crazy shown to run rampant in the upper levels makes me glad that my showing experiences have not been tainted. I am even more glad to be aware of it all before my daughter is old enough to start showing and be involved.

I want to see change. I want to feel good about my DD being able to show ponies and enjoy her junior years(and understand why there is no "red shirt").
    You can't fix stupid.... but you can breed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucassb View Post
    THIS.

To have ahf come on this forum constantly trying to get people to drink her cool aid ... acting like she is some sort of force for good in the sport... and trying to bully people who express their understandable disgust with her behavior, is just plain offensive.
    Golly, that's what Jill Burnell at Gray Fox Farms did (does ?). AHF is just following the trend.

JB now has horses seized by the humane society, and AHF has a deceased pony.

They seem to have a few things in common besides show horses.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by PonyMom2012 View Post
    I agree and thank you for what you all have done. I have stayed silent because I am being sued for filing the "sham" protest in this case. Please know how hard it is to say nothing while a lot of misinformation is being disseminated.
    I know I speak for most of us here when I say "THANK YOU" for what you did! If only more people were as brave as you were to come forward and try to seek justice for an animal that had no say in the care or drugs it was given, and paid the ultimate price--with its life.

I have such respect for you and only hope I would have the same courage to come forward if faced with a similar situation. Your daughter is lucky to have a mom like you, and this sport is lucky that you are a very special person who has not lost sight of horse welfare in the constant battle for ribbons and glory.

I am so saddened that you are being persecuted because the USEF did not have the back bone to uphold your protest. They have lost my support (and many others).
    Kelly Soldavin Harvest Moon Farm
    www.harvestmoonfarmpa.com

30 members found this post helpful.

PonyMom2012,
    Kelly is spot on! I commend you as well for standing up and doing the right thing, and I hope that you feel the "love" from COTHers. I wish I was in a position to be able to contribute financially to any attorney fees that you may incur due to the audacity you have shown by doing the right thing.

USEF had better stick up for you or there will be hell to pay.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Instride View Post
    MAYBE WE ALL AS USEF members should start a petition asking for her permanent suspension due to the negative nature of her presence. Since SHE has called for the masses to support her - which any SANE person wouldn't - maybe we should use her tactics on her. We shall call it the - "GET RID OF MANDARINO INITIATIVE" I bet we would get a TON of signatures for the board of directors at USEF to review...
    I'm not a member of USEF, haven't shown in years, and don't even own a horse anymore... but I would join/pay to become a member of USEF right now, just to sign that petition. I understand what many of you are saying- that a petition isn't likely to do a whole lot of anything, but in the chance that it actually would? Count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy Gale View Post

Damn. The link won't open for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martha Drum View Post
    ...But I don't want to sit helmetless on my horse while he lies on the ground kicking a ball around without a bridle while Leatherface does an interpretive dance with his chainsaw around us.

Love the xtranormal movies!!! Thank you.