Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RAyers View Post
    Here was a point I forgot to make. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO FILE A PROTEST!!!Look at USEF General rule GR1035 which deals with duties of Stewards and Technical Delegate and applies certain restrictions to their behavior. Here is the IMPORTANT PART:"He should immediately report to the appropriate officials any violation of the rules which might invalidate a class;...and investigate any situation where the rules are not upheld."and in section 4 under duties: "To investigate and act upon any alleged rule violations without waiting for a protest."In other words, you do not have to file a protest; it should be enough reason that an allegation has been made for the steward/TD to initiate an investigation.In other words report infractions directly to the steward, document things (e.g. take pictures etc.) as horse shows are generally a public activity, rights to privacy do not exist. Keep documentation for yourself and give copies to the steward. Remind them that BY THE RULES they MUST investigate.Only if the steward does not follow through do you need to consider a formal protest. And at that point, if the steward did not do their job, you can point out that the show officials were in violation of the rules.USE THE RULES TO OUR ADVANTAGE AND DRUM THE SCUM OUT.
    I think this rule is for infraction the steward witnesses directly. Perhaps not, butI can hardly imagine the circus it would create if stewards had to start investigating alleged infractions that they did not see occur. It would become a huge hearsay argument and whomever was the most convincing wins. If the rule being broken is "unsportsmanlike conduct?". Nightmare. it he said/she said. SAllegations of someone beating a horse behind a barn are easier to verify with objective proof, but there are plenty of allegations where it is simply unfeasible to take action without the protest process. How could we expect a steward to take action when someone alleges that a horse was given an illegal injection? There are plenty of legal injections. Steward would have to get medication list, interview those involved (basically asking someone to incriminate themselves because there is no visible way to determine in an injection is illegal without someone supplying the hard evidence. And all this is suppose to occur in the midst of their other duties? As someone in a profession that has to investigate reports of illegal behaviour, it is a time consuming process to get to the truth. And in my industry, we can compel someone to speak with us.
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

Exclamation

Guess whose birthday it is today !! Anyone wanting to wish her a Happy Birthday ??????? Not Me !!!!!

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by RugBug View Post
    I think this rule is for infraction the steward witnesses directly. Perhaps not, butI can hardly imagine the circus it would create if stewards had to start investigating alleged infractions that they did not see occur. It would become a huge hearsay argument and whomever was the most convincing wins. If the rule being broken is "unsportsmanlike conduct?". Nightmare. it he said/she said. SAllegations of someone beating a horse behind a barn are easier to verify with objective proof, but there are plenty of allegations where it is simply unfeasible to take action without the protest process. How could we expect a steward to take action when someone alleges that a horse was given an illegal injection? There are plenty of legal injections. Steward would have to get medication list, interview those involved (basically asking someone to incriminate themselves because there is no visible way to determine in an injection is illegal without someone supplying the hard evidence. And all this is suppose to occur in the midst of their other duties? As someone in a profession that has to investigate reports of illegal behaviour, it is a time consuming process to get to the truth. And in my industry, we can compel someone to speak with us.
    Here's the rule:
    "a. To protect the interests of exhibitors, judges and Competition Management.
    b. To investigate and act upon any alleged rule violations without waiting for a protest.
    c. To report to the Show Committee any misrepresentation or substitution of entry without waiting for a protest."

I have seen stewards investigate without a protest being filed cases of invalid entries ( ineligible horse). No need for the steward to see the violation.

You can also make a protest ( will require the $200 deposit) directly to the show committee. They can make a ruling themselves without need to send to the USEF Hearing committee.
    Fan of Sea Accounts

1 members found this post helpful.

Rugbug, as was just noted, the rule allows any competitor to initiate an investigation at a competition by notifying the appropriate official. Said official does not have to witness a thing. For example, if you know somebody is a pro but enters and shows an amateur, you can notify the steward and by Rule GR1035, they must investigate on the allegation. Now the weakness is that they only have to investigate to their satisfaction, so if they are lazy or indifferent, they may check a few things and been done in minutes.

The key is that we pay the officials so let's make them earn their pay at shows.

By the way my information comes by way of a top licensed official.

And guess what, we file thousands of illegal injection investigations, make show official's lives hell, maybe the USEF may get around to making effective rules.

3 members found this post helpful.

According to a steward friend, alleged violations might also include abuse when reported (i.e. someone is riding a horse into the ground, mistreating a horse, etc). Those all have to be acted on, ie investigated.

"Illegal injections" is another matter--neither stewards nor horse show vets will go so far as to test any horses that aren't already part of the regular D&M random tests.

If they could, or had to, either we would likely not have the problems we do, or it might open any exhibitor up to witch hunts and make sabotage all that much more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by horseyninjawarrior View Post
    ^this sentiment might creep into the next episode of the Gambino files!

Eta, if I have enough xtranormal points left, lol!
    OMG!!! You are a genius. Although I laughed hysterically at your "movies", when I think about all the ponies and horses that are abused because of horse shows I feel deep sadness that the love of/for the horse isn't uppermost in these riders and owners minds.
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*

There are some out there that 'talk the talk' but do not 'walk the walk'. When you add in a bit of Dr. Frankenstein and a severe case of NPD to the mix, and access to any animal, equine or otherwise, it's a Rx for disaster.

Lance Armstrong is going to be on 60 Minutes, cbs, 7:00 tonight.

Sunday, Jan. 27 at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJump View Post

"Illegal injections" is another matter--neither stewards nor horse show vets will go so far as to test any horses that aren't already part of the regular D&M random tests.

If they could, or had to, either we would likely not have the problems we do, or it might open any exhibitor up to witch hunts and make sabotage all that much more likely.
    This is exactly what I was trying to get at.
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

Any word on whether she's filed any more lolsuits?
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

8 members found this post helpful.

I'm just hoping that one of the 9 lawyers (or a tag team of several of them) has successfully instructed her to keep her mouth (and fingers) shut.

Quote Originally Posted by gumshoe View Post
    I'm just hoping that one of the 9 lawyers (or a tag team of several of them) has successfully instructed her to keep her mouth (and fingers) shut.
    Apparently not-Sue Sue is like the energizer bunny.....
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/united-s...ucky-72502.htm

I mean what does she want them to do? Go back to past and take away the temporary suspension which is no longer in effect? The suspension that did not revoke her daughter's ability to horse show?

Quote Originally Posted by Limerick View Post
    Apparently not-Sue Sue is like the energizer bunny.....
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/united-s...ucky-72502.htm
    Oh Help Me Rhonda.

BTW, that Richardsville Arrest Record graphic is going to give me a seizure.

Paging Dr. Horseyninjawarrior . . .

Default Isn't...

Saying Pony Hunters (Which is NOT an Olympic event) are under the control of the Ted Stevens Act. Similar to saying Pole Dancing is also controlled because they have Rhythmic Gymnastics?
    " iCOTH " window/bumper stickers.
    http://bluemoongrafixva.webs.com

7 members found this post helpful.

Default Alphabet Soup

APD, NPD, GAD, GDD, DPD, IED, ADHD.......put them all together and what have you got?
    Alphabet Soup, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Purepony View Post
    APD, NPD, GAD, GDD, DPD, IED, ADHD.......put them all together and what have you got?
    Alphabet Soup, of course.
    You missed BSC

well it's now 56 to 1 - not useful to useful

keep voting folks
    Nothing says "I love you" like a tractor. (Clydejumper)

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    Dear Elizabeth-

Sometimes, just sometimes, when you think it is everyone else, it is really you.

Sincerely,
    everyone else
    I do believe she is the equestrian version of Taylor Swift.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnwood View Post
    I do believe she is the equestrian version of Taylor Swift.
    Not Taylor Swift......more like Sarah Palin......a lightening rod for controversy!

3 members found this post helpful.