The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

I was rolling on the floor with this. It was shared with me as a joke. But when thinking about it maybe we should buy one and put the proceeds towards a "save us from EM legal fund" for when its needed Make sure to check out the back!

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customiz...mber=776127694

11 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Instride View Post
    I was rolling on the floor with this. It was shared with me as a joke. But when thinking about it maybe we should buy one and put the proceeds towards a "save us from EM legal fund" for when its needed Make sure to check out the back!

1 members found this post helpful.

Perhaps these could be in the exhibitor bags at HITS

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by PonyMom2012 View Post
    Thanks everyone for your generous offers. Fortunately, I do not need any financial assistance but I would welcome your continued support!
    Absolutely!

Ponymom 2012- you did the right thing. I hope that I and others would show the same conviction and strength of character, if ever in that situation. 'stands up and applauds you'
    Come to the dark side, we have cookies

2 members found this post helpful.

Here was a point I forgot to make. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO FILE A PROTEST!!!

Look at USEF General rule GR1035 which deals with duties of Stewards and Technical Delegate and applies certain restrictions to their behavior. Here is the IMPORTANT PART:

"He should immediately report to the appropriate officials any violation of the rules which might invalidate a class;...and investigate any situation where the rules are not upheld."

and in section 4 under duties: "To investigate and act upon any alleged rule violations without waiting for a protest."

In other words, you do not have to file a protest; it should be enough reason that an allegation has been made for the steward/TD to initiate an investigation.

In other words report infractions directly to the steward, document things (e.g. take pictures etc.) as horse shows are generally a public activity, rights to privacy do not exist. Keep documentation for yourself and give copies to the steward. Remind them that BY THE RULES they MUST investigate.

Only if the steward does not follow through do you need to consider a formal protest. And at that point, if the steward did not do their job, you can point out that the show officials were in violation of the rules.

USE THE RULES TO OUR ADVANTAGE AND DRUM THE SCUM OUT.

25 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by PonyMom2012 View Post
    Thanks everyone for your generous offers. Fortunately, I do not need any financial assistance but I would welcome your continued support!
    Also, you have set an excellent example for your child, and hopefully for other children, about doing the right thing.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by horseyninjawarrior View Post
    http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/14121272/come-to-jesus

The above movie is a work of fiction. Any references to actual persons or places are purely coincidence and not intentional. No animals were harmed in the making of this film.
    LOLOL. One of the funniest things ever posted on COTH, easily.

Can I be sad that they were local and I didn't go out to watch the crazy lady?

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/1412...rom-dr-e-ality

Watch what happens when Dr. E Ality steps in to help

As always, no reference to actual persons living or dead was intended. Any resemblence to said persons is purely coincidental. This video is for entertainment purposes only.

10 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Instride View Post

Oh man! I should have thought to take it to merchandising!! Lol...

Our next installment will be a fly's eye view of what happens when Ms. Gambino goes to visit her lawyer.....

9 members found this post helpful.

As always, no reference to actual persons living or dead was intended. Any resemblence to said persons is purely coincidental. This video is for entertainment purposes only.
    is ms. gambino wearing a crop top and a tiara? how fashion forward! if ponies don't work out for her, perhaps there'll be a place in the fashion industry.

4 members found this post helpful.

12th floor of the Acme building in a city that knows how to keep it's secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp View Post
    But I think their strategy is to staunchly ignore Mandarino.
    If only the posters on COTH would see it that way. It is amazing how much these forum members give her. 10 pages on this thread alone. She is basking in the unending spotlight the COTH forum posters provide her.
    You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training.

LOVE this one

Posted by Midge:

She is basking in the unending spotlight the COTH forum posters provide her.
    Yes, and that same spotlight can become one's worst enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by tinydragon View Post
    is ms. gambino wearing a crop top and a tiara? how fashion forward! if ponies don't work out for her, perhaps there'll be a place in the fashion industry.
    and the PEARLS ..... frowzy blonde.....

Our next installment will be a fly's eye view of what happens when Ms. Gambino goes to visit her lawyer.....
    fast becoming sympathetic characters ....

Hey, hey how about a vist with a legit and ethical vet for a weekend supply of "prep" and refill on "needed meds".
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by RAyers View Post
    Here was a point I forgot to make. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO FILE A PROTEST!!!Look at USEF General rule GR1035 which deals with duties of Stewards and Technical Delegate and applies certain restrictions to their behavior. Here is the IMPORTANT PART:"He should immediately report to the appropriate officials any violation of the rules which might invalidate a class;...and investigate any situation where the rules are not upheld."and in section 4 under duties: "To investigate and act upon any alleged rule violations without waiting for a protest."In other words, you do not have to file a protest; it should be enough reason that an allegation has been made for the steward/TD to initiate an investigation.In other words report infractions directly to the steward, document things (e.g. take pictures etc.) as horse shows are generally a public activity, rights to privacy do not exist. Keep documentation for yourself and give copies to the steward. Remind them that BY THE RULES they MUST investigate.Only if the steward does not follow through do you need to consider a formal protest. And at that point, if the steward did not do their job, you can point out that the show officials were in violation of the rules.USE THE RULES TO OUR ADVANTAGE AND DRUM THE SCUM OUT.
    I think this rule is for infraction the steward witnesses directly. Perhaps not, butI can hardly imagine the circus it would create if stewards had to start investigating alleged infractions that they did not see occur. It would become a huge hearsay argument and whomever was the most convincing wins. If the rule being broken is "unsportsmanlike conduct?". Nightmare. it he said/she said.
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"