The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Has Anybody Tried the FITS Kate Breeches yet?

I ordered a pair from smartpak today. I am hoping they will fit and feel good enough to use them as schooling breeches. I didn't fit into the beka well. They were saggy and the rise was way too high on me. Im only 5'3''.

Has anybody tried them yet? I know they just came out.

Yes! I have them in blue and love them. However, I also love the Bekas. I think they fit just like the Bekas and honestly I didn't notice the 1" lowered waist, so it's not that significant - at least on me. I think they fit the same, just one with side zip and one with front. Though all the contrast stitch work on the blue Kates are really awesome and stylish. (I'm a contrast nut anyway)

I would say that the front zip is a little more comfortable as I have to adjust where the side zip lays after I get in the saddle so I am not getting poked - not a big deal. But I bet the side zips are more flattering on my gut when viewing from the ground ;D

All FITS (full seats too) are too long on me, but it's not an issue in fit, I just have extra netting at the bottom. I'm 5'6" and wear XLs in the Bekas and Kates. I'm definitely curvy, so my breeches are well fitted everywhere. I school in my FITs and have shown in the Bekas.