The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Eye in the Sky View Post
    I think I'll go volunteer at Days End. That's the best response I can give to this ridiculous witch-hunt. Thanks for giving me my Lent project, Fairfax!
    That's an excellent idea. I'm too far away to volunteer, but I can make a donation. I think I'll make it in Leo's name.
    Join the Clinton 2016 campaign...Hillary For America. https://www.hillaryclinton.com/

5 members found this post helpful.

Much information was given to the D.A. and as a result of that information, the letter from Dr. Don Heneke refuting the scoring claims by DEFHR, G.G. Paradise and others in addition to the statement by Stacy to EACH of the above rescues TELLING them to downgrade the scores by 1 to 1 1/2 points each, the D.A. realized this was a witch hunt by HSUS and its affiliates.

The letter by Stacy, who represented the HSUS, co-ordinated the seizure, made sure the press releases went out one day prior to the seizure and had their HSUS vet cancel the complance order 15 days early, after 70% of the conditions had been met.

The county vet was discounted under a trumped up "choking horse syndrome" and the HSUS vet just happened to be in the vicinity.

A load of top quality hay had been delivered the day before and we have the receipt from the trucker on that. Another load arrived DURING the seizure and it was re-routed to DEFHR AND OR any of the other groups involved. Can you spell THEFT.

Analise...it will come out in the future lawsuits that the "letter" by Stacy was accidently sent to the defence team. Now that is ironic. We have the proof that "ALL the rescues" received it.

The D.A. was appalled. This first hand letter was presented to him and he also made the judge very aware of it.

The injection information came from DEFHR itself. When the horse "diaries" were turned over to the defence lawyers, they had not purged it. The instructions were listed as to the drug and instructions regarding the delivery of it to EACH male.

I notice the whole little Maryland group is doing the circle the wagon.

Here is the information posted on Speak Easy regarding G.G.

Gentle Giants 2011 Form 990

Christine Hajek finally posted her 2011 Form 990 today.

Gentle Giants Draft Horse Rescue had a shockingly good year in 2011.

- Total Revenue = $ 1,413,592

- Total Expenses = 1,184,688

- Professional Fundraiser Expense = $ 55,306

- Advertising & Promotion Expense = $ 62,871

- Assets at end of 2011 = $ 303,530

*** I find it amazing that Christine started GGDHR in 2007 and raised $ 55,992 her first year and in 4 short years has reached revenue of $ 1, 413,592.
    --- I guess that her professional fundraiser is responsible for most of the income via direct mailing campaigns. She has to provide her Form 990 to 36 or 37 different states, so the fundraiser must do mailings to all of those states!

Here you go folks. Here is the link to Speak Easy

http://www.maupin1.com/forums/viewto...62f4364a6ff8e1

You will probably have to sign in to view it.

What I find amazing about the COTH'ers regarding this..if it was ARM or ANY OTHER rescue, they would have been destroyed by the group who normally post.

Analise who has admitted on other COTH forums that she WAS the mouth piece for G.G after months of denial is given credibility on a case her group and the others LOST.

If this breeder had a history of abuse (as was claimed by one poster who stated she knew there were secret charges expunged in California) then the seizure MIGHT have been justified.

There was no history of abuse. This breeder had imported, shown and bred National Champions and what was very interesting to the Arabian Horse Community was the "secret deal" worked out by some of the Polish Breeders group with DEFHR to be given the opportunity to purchase some of the broodmares.

ALL of this before any trial.

GG and DEFHR and Paradise presented mares who were thin...as youthful examples typcial of what they seized. These horses registration papers were presented to the D.A. as an example of the lies presented as truths by GG and DEFHR. One mare was 29 and on the donation page was stated to be 8 or 9. Despite requests to GG and DEFHR they did NOT remove these pictures nor make any corrections. But then, only after the COTH ladies stated they disagreed with GG and her blog giving out the personal information did they remove it.,

Analise...you have been given enough information about the girl who spat...guess that is why that is now a dropped issue.

Butterfly...you have received the information here...

You just refuse to acknowlege the references, the internet connections provided.

Since you are in the know..and you know there was a letter sent out by Stacy...What say you?

I am sure you remember your little Maryland group claimed the police officer who was there at the time of the seizure was a fraud. He gave his name, rank and phone number...and yet your little group kept screaming he was lying or that I was lying.

I remember when Dr. Heneke printed his ltter. Your little group first claimed he was NOT really a vet....then they stated I had printed the letter and it was NOT from him etc. Then, when it was public knowledge and appeared in other publications your little Maryland Group went quiet and turned their attack onto the next point.

Analise...you wonder why I have so much information. Our group did thousands of hours of research for free for Marsha and her lawyers. They most certainly did include us in much of the information and I have many documents that have been sent to me that are NOT to be published as they will be used in the upcoming lawsuits.

Gentle Giants...well...imagine this...your group were going to falsify information FOR THE MONEY.

You had a choice. You could have stood up and said you would NOT be part of this..that you were an honorable group and you didn't need to falisy anything but you chose to "go for the money". If you defied HSUS...they would make sure you were out of business. YOU made your choice.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    I am not upset about the payment of rescue. I am upset of the "deal" they have with the devil HSUS.
    Really? Your lack of upsetness seems to have originated roughly about the time that every poster who commented on the issue told you that the director's salary is pretty normal, as is having paid staff.
    In your OP, the director's salary was prominently bolded, and you called the salary info "enlightening".

If you have a main issue you don't like about the rescue, stick with that. You're doing a scattershot approach of I DON'T LIKE ANYTHING ABOUT THEM EVER and it's easy to find fault with many of the side issues you pick up and drop. It obscures your main complaint.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    That's an excellent idea. I'm too far away to volunteer, but I can make a donation. I think I'll make it in Leo's name.
    If any "rescue" is involved in any way with the HSUS, with what I know, I will repeat, anyone supporting the HSUS animal rights association is like a jewish person supporting Hitler.

Why would anyone that is not an animal rights proponent, that states humans should not use animals, anyone that is for the rightful use of animals, as the animals they are, would follow the bandwagon of animal rights and the groups that promote that?

The lamb lays with the lion at it's own peril.

2 members found this post helpful.

Those people that have insider access have that access because they have proven themselves to be discreet and trustworthy with that insider knowledge.

Those that proclaim their insider knowledge and throw out a bunch of unsubstantiated rumors and theories on anonymous internet bulletin boards to prove what they know are more about attention for themselves and less about trying to right a wrong.

Why else would someone keep resurrecting this episode? Especially in light of the fact that the woman most directly impacted by the event has asked that people let it go and allow her to move on with her life.

Anyone with any knowledge knows that Marsha Parkinson was not found innocent of anything. She accepted a plea deal because she wanted to get at least some of her horses back and she wanted to get on with her life. The DA did not work on the plea deal because he/she knew that there had been shady goings on and they couldn't win against a mountain of evidence proving it. They did it because that is how 99% of animal neglect and abuse cases end in this country.

So if SHE can move on, why can't the OP? Could it be that at this point it is all about attention directed at the OP and now has nothing to do with Parkinson or horses or rescues or investigations?

In light of that, I think we should now start talking about Ryan Reynalds and chocolate. Because that is no more a waste of time than talking about Leo Maxwell and what he knows. And talking about Ryan Reynalds and chocolate certainly brings up a more appealing mental image than the one brought to mind by talking about anything to do with Leo.
    Sheilah

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by D_BaldStockings View Post

'Common usage' does not imply correct usage, nor legal usage and certainly is not scientific.
    Sooo...the modern usage trend seems to be going the way of the BMI? A very nice tool that is generally applicable for what it was designed to do, but being misapplied all over the place.

Unfortunately once you create a tool that gives you a neat little number, with "norms" against which to compare said number, the use (and eventual misapplication and misuse) of the tool becomes extremely attractive.

L.O.L. And Congrats for eliciting a Godwin's Law post!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    If any "rescue" is involved in any way with the HSUS, with what I know, I will repeat, anyone supporting the HSUS animal rights association is like a jewish person supporting Hitler.
    Bluey, that's absurd and offensive. Highly offensive. Are you really trying to compare any animal rights organization or rescue to the murder of over 6 million people? Shame on you.
    Join the Clinton 2016 campaign...Hillary For America. https://www.hillaryclinton.com/

8 members found this post helpful.

IdahoRider, you are right on with your statement. Thank you.

I'm no fan of HSUS, but I'm itching to make a donation in Bluey's name too. But that's just my contrary nature. I think maybe one donation to Day's End and another to Gentle Giants.

We are currently looking into other rescues, charities etc and gosh..the amount the CEO's are paid for charities brining in 1 million OR LESS appears to be much less than DEFHR is paying at $82,000 plus the other living and housing and travel expenses paid on their behalf.

Laura..There is a wonderful old proverb--A fool and his money are soon parted

Sheila..Marsha has never stated what you claim. You should know that as you have had NO contact with her and I do speak at a minum, weekly/.

Sheila..I have said and will continue to say...we will continue to monitor HSUS and all of their affiliates and that includes GG and DEFHR. We will continue to post any information we receive

Coanteen...You have to admit...it has garnered a lot of attention. Most horse people would LOVE to have $82,000 and ALL expenses paid..vacations, housing, home for you kid, entertaining...be around horses and have most of the work done for you for free..called volunteering...

I have stated that if people want to support their alleged good work...that is their decision. I believe others want to know facts, the financial facts they have gone after other rescues (and rightly so) for.

Sheila...the facft that the D.A. to appease HSUS tried to have charges of failure to provide shelters thrown out by the judge says it all. Marsha was told for another $75,000 she could win her case..couple that with over 1/2 million already spent and her concern for the horses after she saw them with the rescue groups prompted her to make a very difficult decision.

Bottom line....this whole seizure was done to make an example of a world famous breedewr (Stacy stated that)..a great training opportunity for her equine division..another Stacy statement and the greed of those willing to dance with the devil.

And Sheila...your buddy who was involved in it all...you know..the gal from Oklahoma who told a director of AHA, in October that she was working on something huge that would shock the whole Arabian Horse community--there were so many agendas out there...when the solution was right in front of them. Set up the compliance order AND HONOR IT...HSUS, QAC etc cancelled it without merit. That too, was noted by the DA and judge. This whole little exercise has cost the county over one million dollars...it has placed a precident that can now be used by others (and this is not a good thing as there are abusive individuals) and the whole seizure was improperly conducted giving ALL rescues a black eye

I agree with Bluey. European families know how rights, laws and property can be influenced by those who want to remove them. As for HSUS...you accept their dance card with great peril.

Laura

How ironic that this would be your quote:

“The time is always right to do the right thing.”
    ― Martin Luther King Jr.

That about says it all....They knew and chose to go for the bucks....

Coanteen...You have to admit...it has garnered a lot of attention. Most horse people would LOVE to have $82,000 and ALL expenses paid..vacations, housing, home for you kid, entertaining...be around horses and have most of the work done for you for free..called volunteering...
    It's a trainwreck post. They ALL garner a lot of attention, whether it's about your hate-on for this rescue or about kids in the pasture or about a horse that's too tall.

But garnering attention briefly (before they're either locked down, people lose interest, a more interesting trainwreck comes along or Off Topic opens) is also all they do. If you think garnering attention on the internets using drama posts actually changes anything (or anyone's mind; you can see people are just playing here, mostly dismissively, or rehashing grudges) then you don't really understand, well...anything.

Once you become known as a fruitloop people will click on your posts just to blow off some steam and have a bit of fun with you; most aren't reading your long c&p screeds.

4 members found this post helpful.

Bluey, that's absurd and offensive. Highly offensive. Are you really trying to compare any animal rights organization or rescue to the murder of over 6 million people? Shame on you.
    You took my phrase out of context.
    I mean and thought it was clearly so that anyone that aligns themselves with the sworn enemy of their cause, here our use of animals, horses included, does so at their own peril.

As far as being offensive, some in my direct family were murdered by fascists, including by Hitler.
    I don't know about you, but I can make that very important difference when speaking about these matters.

Be my guest, it is your money, donate to whom you want, for whatever reason that makes you happy.

Facts always bring with them controversy and perception is often taken for fact; the internet is good at mixing perception and reality.

Might often does make right in the world of charities, 501c3's and rescues.

How sad for the horses, who suffered the most by this truly illegal set of acts compounded by breathtaking boldness. It just makes my hair stand on end to think of the scope of it. And there just are no brakes to the madness. They could do it again and again to anyone that has the misfortune to be on their radar.
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

Coanteen...when this was first presented there was a group who did their darndest to have me removed, banned etc.

Our group was formed to just "check things out" if they did not appear to be above the board.

In this case the more we checked, and then posted, the more these charities and their supporters went on the defensive by attacking those of us who were questioning...and that sure did move in a realm of accusing by us when we discovered the lies spread about the horses, the reason for the cancellation of the order, the person who filed the original complaint and his connections with the QAC players etc.

When we stated there was a land sale block...many of these current posters accused us of a conspiracy..and yet, when the block was removed and the land able to be sold..the tide began to change. This group remained in denial

This little group and their rescues were overjoyed that Marsha could not acquire legal representation and during that time when they were gloating, the most absurd allegations were made about this woman.

They and their buddy the Equirey took enormous liberties with the truth expecting her to have to use a public defender, and therefore they could not be held accountable.

Our group was able to secure money (through a sale) for Marsha to pay a retainer with a top legal firm out of Washington D.C. From that point on the tide began to change.

As we exposed the inconsistencies and untruths from these charities and their mother ship, HSUS, the more their supporters came after us and anyone who agreed with us. Tin Foil Hatters was the loveable name they gave us.

Example. We mentioned to fottage provided by a new media in a helicopter that was also scaring the horses into a panic mode. Rather than call them off HSUS and their supporters REFUSED as this was great PR...the wild..unhandled starving horses needing liveration.

Alas..they started a campaign of saying...prove to us these helicoptors were scaring the horses././.then...they would go off on that tangent for a few days...hahahaha amongst themselves. They demanded proof and many times we did supply that.. i.e. proof that the media had received a KIT 24 hours before the seizure. Any proof was called a fake.

It soon became obvious that this group were in a kill mode...the group jump on..and gosh..did they ever hate those who defended Marsha.

The rescues were presented as saint...read the blog Analise provided...that and much more were constantly said about this woman. They were out to destroy her.

I personally don't care what they think of me...and I guess they can blow steam at me..the clip and paste are actually VERY welcome for many posters. Just ask the man in New Jersey who is going through a case regarding his horses.

This group don't care about the facts. The outcome was clearly on the side of Marsha but they will protest that...however he only awarded them the $20,000 he thought they deserved for seizing the horses when they were asking for over ONE MILLION dollars.

Others need to read this giant CAN be defeated.They need to see sources.

Of course THIS group don't want clip and paste even regarding the Heneke scale because it silences the critics for once and for all...

This is a group of one liners and group hugs. However they do not represent the readers from Coth who are seeing the abuse of the breeder and multi horse owner as becoming a norm.

I think the 5000 views on this thread alone shows there is interest. The thousands and thousands of views and the number of emails asking how they could help, when this was going on clearly demonstrated how concerned the genuine horse owner from COTH is.

Did you ever think that perhaps it is I who is also having fun disputing this group of rable rousers?

They were so worried that I was "screaming at them by typing in caps...that they once again became involved with their own self importance. And we have some new posters coming on line...from these rescue groups..

They do not like to be exposed for who they are, even after they have shown us.

I would like to add that when the county and the rescues asked for themselves to be absolved from any possible lawsuit the judge denied it. This is a very rare move for a judge NOT to put a limit (other than time)_ or at least absolve the county.

Fairfax, I don't know about the others, but I'm not even reading what you're posting.

8 members found this post helpful.

Did you ever think that perhaps it is I who is also having fun disputing this group of rable rousers?
    Of course not. It's the reason I belong to a couple of drama comms myself, although I don't count COTH as such - they can be quite fun if you don't enmesh yourself deeply. I have no trouble believing that you're having fun posting about this, it's quite clear that you are.

But at least be open about it from the start. It's not ongoing concern or a belief that posting here will bring change that drives you, it's a drama vendetta. You like it so you keep doing it; by all means, keep having fun.

As for "views" - the last little drama with aWp and her sock (or vice versa) also generated over 6000; heck, one of Mike Matson's linkposts on the first page was nearly 5000. Sure, there's "interest" - but who's interested, and more to the point, why are they interested? It's probably not to join the good fight against HSUS, provided anyone is actually getting through each of your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Coanteen View Post
    Once you become known as a fruitloop people will click on your posts just to blow off some steam and have a bit of fun with you; most aren't reading your long c&p screeds.
    What Coanteen said. When Fairfax posts, this is what I read: BLAH, blah, blah, blah,blah, BLAH, blah, blahblah, blah, blah, and FURTHERMORE blah, blah, blah, blah...

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeFigs View Post
    What Coanteen said. When Fairfax posts, this is what I read: BLAH, blah, blah, blah,blah, BLAH, blah, blahblah, blah, blah, and FURTHERMORE blah, blah, blah, blah...
    Maybe we ought to lay bias to the side and listen to BOTH sides, not just one?

I thought that last post by Fairfax was VERY interesting and to the point, if others have been somewhat blah, blah, blah, sure.

Let's pay attention, we may learn something we didn't know.