The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird! View Post
    You know, I have read most of this thread, and have come to the conclusion that it clearly takes more then coffee to make any sort of sense from some of these posts....
    I suspect you need wine...lots of wine.
    Join the Clinton 2016 campaign...Hillary For America. https://www.hillaryclinton.com/

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird! View Post
    You know, I have read most of this thread, and have come to the conclusion that it clearly takes more then coffee to make any sort of sense from some of these posts....
    I stopped trying to even read anything written by Fairfax and Co a looong time ago. It became too painful from banging my head into the desk over and over.

Sometimes deluded posters can be amusing and you kind of want to see what they'll say next. Fairfax isn't one of them. The M.O. of coming online and posting sensational accusations and ignoring certain questions makes me way too stabby to even consider trying to sort through his muck.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    Not enough wine in the world, dear.

Amen, Long Spot. Same annoying tune, next verse -- #254, give or take a few.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Spot View Post
    I stopped trying to even read anything written by Fairfax and Co a looong time ago. It became too painful from banging my head into the desk over and over.

Sometimes deluded posters can be amusing and you kind of want to see what they'll say next. Fairfax isn't one of them. The M.O. of coming online and posting sensational accusations and ignoring certain questions makes me way too stabby to even consider trying to sort through his muck.
    Yes, I too can't quite follow what all is going on, who is doing what - where - when.

That doesn't mean there is no fire where all this smoke is coming from.
    We will have to wait to see what comes to light when the smoke clears.

1 members found this post helpful.

I posted about the money and the IRS statement.

That was the start.

The discussion as to what they do morphed back into the tinder box of the Canterbury seizure

I agree it is hard to follow as they are many of us posting who have "had it out" on a previous thread regarding the seizure

My introducing the aspect of HSUS asking DEFHR, GG et al to falsify their information regarding the horses was to show they are not "ABOVE BOARD"

I further stated they do lie and do things illegalls and presented the damaging hormone injections.

The reason Canterbury had to be rebrought up was due to the enormous amount DEFHR and GG claimed they had paid out of pocket to look after all of the horses for about 1 year. All they were awarded was $20,000.

Looking at the GG filing they only claim a "loss" in the vicinity of $25,000 and yet they had claimed (and Christine screamed at the judge and DA after the not guilty was determined) that she was out 'HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS"

If that was true, then

1. HSUS made up the difference and therefore she is an agent for and is beholdin to HSUS

2. GG, along with the others lied about the actual expenses and therefore they were attempting to committ fraud.

The issue of $82,000 per year is not really an issue but it is a sweetheart deal when one gets to work around the horses, have evenone else do the cleaning and feeding and not have to pay for that and also have few employees and yet have a $600,000 wage deduction.

As for where they are located...their choice

I have not answered ongoing red herring questions demanding I proved Shetlands were used in the REM study which was re-translated to a weird stall size that IF a law supported, would remove all horse facilities private and commercial

I demonstrated that misuse of the Hen Scale has been an attempt by DEFHR and the other groups to fradulently defend their illegal seizuyres

I demonstrated the minimal care standards produced by a group sponsored by HSUS and one of the authors has been supported by DEFHR (I am unable at the time to say which one) however that too is a moot point...it is the issue that HSUS is actively trying to change laws using "under ground law" philosophies.

I demonstrated how it has been challenged.

I gave an exacmple of another case, recent, from New Jersey where they tried to silence him after he wrote the article by raiding his farm and submitting a report both to the p9olice and the "lawyer" with out and out lies in it.

This was posted to show that these groups do LIE when it serves their purpose.

The usual group tossed other questions out, off track information, the senerio of oh yeah...what about ARM....yes..what about them...If they broke the law and lied or operated under an aura of fraud they should be charged. I stated that on another threat and have also expressed my concerns to Terry.

There are a few rescues that not only flourish but expand and grow and with that they self assume the right to determine what should be a law and what should not.

I have repeatedly stated that these group are suspect and need to be watched.

Others on the board donate to the and also volunteer. That is their choice. But they do so knowing . DEFHR have complained their donations have been impacted. More and more individuals are choosing to check groups out. They also check them via not only navigator but also guidestar and others for evaluations. Navigator is the easiest to pass.

The burden of accuracy and honesty must be applied to charities.

If they are willing to lie in court, over a seizure, and if they are willing to break the law, the public must be made aware and also those who were affected by them should be able to claim damages

Thank you Bald Stockings and Bluey. As usual, you are able to CLEARLY state what I am not and for that I thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post

I demonstrated that misuse of the Hen Scale has been an attempt by DEFHR and the other groups to fradulently defend their illegal seizuyres
    Rescues do not have the legal right to seize horses.
    Law Enforcement enforces the laws that, if not complied with, lead to one having their horses seized.
    The seizure is not, was not DEFHR's or GG's.
    That has been explained to you repeatedly.

Furthermore, the Henneke Scale {I assume that is what you mean by 'Hen Scale'?} was not the only cause cited re: concern over Marsha Parkinsons 130+ Polish Arab horses on her Canterbury Farm.

The horses had not had dental care, they were behind on farrier care, they needed deworming, the hay she had was crap or moldy or both [I forget], there were a dozen [ie ten percent of the entire herd] that she had to put down cause they were that bad,.... there was much, much more than the 'Hen Scale', as you call it, to this mess, as there is in most other cases of law enforcement seizing animals.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax
    Looking at the GG filing they only claim a "loss" in the vicinity of $25,000 and yet they had claimed (and Christine screamed at the judge and DA after the not guilty was determined) that she was out 'HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS
    And again I ask: you have complained in this very thread about how Gentle Giants' 2011 IRS filing is not yet available on Guidestar, so can you please explain to me how you can be referring to it now if you have not seen it? Can you also please provide a transcript or an audio file of Christine Hajek screaming at the judge in the Canterbury case because I have to say, the idea sounds pretty ludicrous to someone who is actually acquainted with her.

You also have not pointed to any actual documentation (and I asked for it) that anyone spat on Marsha besides your own ramblings and you know, considering you live in Canada and I do not believe you were personally there whenever GG and Marsha were in the same vicinity, surely you have some sort of documentation of it. Maybe a news article? Or is this also in your sekrit court transcripts that no one else is allowed to see but you got your hands on somehow despite not actually being directly involved in the case?
    The Trials and Jubilations of a Twenty-Something Re-rider
    Happy owner of Kieran the mostly-white-very-large-not-pony.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Freda View Post
    Rescues do not have the legal right to seize horses.
    Law Enforcement enforces the laws that, if not complied with, lead to one having their horses seized.
    The seizure is not, was not DEFHR's or GG's.
    That has been explained to you repeatedly.

Furthermore, the Henneke Scale {I assume that is what you mean by 'Hen Scale'?} was not the only cause cited re: concern over Marsha Parkinsons 130+ Polish Arab horses on her Canterbury Farm.

The horses had not had dental care, they were behind on farrier care, they needed deworming, the hay she had was crap or moldy or both [I forget], there were a dozen [ie ten percent of the entire herd] that she had to put down cause they were that bad,.... there was much, much more than the 'Hen Scale', as you call it, to this mess, as there is in most other cases of law enforcement seizing animals.
    Generally when Law Enforcement seizes animals it is the final act of a series of steps beginiing with a complaint, then an investigation, evidence gathering with expert witnesses, submission to the DA, sometimes an agreement listing changes to be made and a timeframe, breach of the agreement or imminent danger to the animals, then warrant for the actual seizure, finally the seizure.

There can be several parties to the seizure -in addition to Law enforcement serving the warrant on behalf of the State-expert witnesses or advisors; those handling and processing the animals, transporters...

I understood DEFHR was a party basically from the beginning of the sequence as expert advisors?
    Did evaluations?
    Made recommendations?
    Gave their opinion that an agreement was breached?

None of that is true? DEFHR was not there?

While it may not have been 'their wedding' in the sense that they were not 'bride or groom' they do appear to have been far more involved in 'orchestrating the match' than a guest seated at the rear of the church.

The State seized the horses.
    Law enforcement is simply the agency of execution of the order. Yet the State does not act in a vacuum.

Analise, he will not be able to provide anything because it never happened. Christine was never in the courtroom. The plea deal was made before it even went to court. I was at GG with Christine when she got the info via cell phone.

And again, nobody spat on anybody. Christine would have flipped and torn them a new one IF Fairfax's fantasy were even close to being true. But, you know Christine and I don't have to tell you this.

He keeps bringing up accusations that he can't support and will pull the usual game of turning it all around. Again, I read on the internet, some forum perhaps, that he does this crap for entertainment. What a sad, lonely, angry little world he must live in, if this is the best he can do to get a thrill.

Good Lord, Fairfax. Brevity is the soul of wit. Obviously you have none.

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    Whew... You are right about that!
    "No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle" - Winston Churchill

Check out Central Virginia Horse Rescue

I do become confused between GG and DEFHR as they both are tied to each other and HSUS at the waist.

Clarrification: The farm purchased from the inlaws was NOT GG but was DEFHR. It was Kathleen who also arranged for a home to be provided on the property for her daughter.

GG was fund raising for their own vet clinic. There is a valid reason as not many vets have facilities for extra large animals. HOWEVER for a rescue, is that money well spent? Let the donors talk

Two conflicting stories regarding Kathleen or Christine at the court house.

The girl who spat was identified as the one who became caught up in the lead and let it go when Marsha was inspecting the mare and said to her...this mare has a bad habit of spinning around and getting loose. The young girl replied I KNOW ALL about this mare and then spat..just as the mare spun around and escaped.

Why would Christine worry about a spittng volunteeer when she refused to remove the description that Marsha was "older" alone, had all os these horses and the directions to her farm and phone numbers? The women on COTH saw through that and complained. Their complaints were ignored for a long time before it was removed from the Christine APPROVED blog site.

The seizure was co-ordinated by Stacy of HSUS with DEFHR as their agent. It is on record with the court and DA that she put, in print, that the seizure needed to happen as HER EQUINE GROUP did not yet, have the experience and this would be a valuable tool for them.

Here is a letter from Brooke to me.

Leo,

Thank you for contacting us directly with your concerns. Day’s End has been working diligently for the last several days to get these wonderful, brave and majestic horses settled in safely.

It is important you understand Day’s End Farm’s role in this seizure. We were asked by the legal authorities, Queen Anne County Animal Services, to provide care and management of the horses. We have NO legal authority over them and did not impound them. With that being said, we found it important to associate a potential cost for their care and management keeping in consideration the length of care and all operational expenses (gas, employment of staff, vet, board, feed, hay…..). We certainly are not going to raise any money that is not needed for those costs. If anything we lose money on the horses we rehabilitate. Our standards in care are very high!!

Why then, did the INJECT ALL MALE ARABIANS with a hormone which can cause sterility?

I encourage you to examine our fiduciary history. All of our salaries are mediocre, especially when you take into account the time and effort we put into protecting all the horses in our care. I haven’t known what a 40 hour week is for 12 years now.

They do NOT have many enployees however their new IRS posting clearly disputes that

Most of us work 50 to 60 hours for pennies. We serve our organization because we believe in our mission and want to help the horses. If you go to our web-site you’ll also notice that our adoption fees are mediocre, never more than $1,200.00 for even the finest, papered horse. We don’t focus our attention on a horse’s financial value, rather, we go to great lengths to train and maintain a horse’s value in other ways. We believe that said value is much more than a “dollar” amount. Almost always Day’s End is at loss in the financial department, sometimes thousands per horse, once we have rehabilitated, housed and trained them. And yet we never ask more than 1200.00?????

Donations last year were in excess of 1 million dollars. Maybe they should not involve themselves with illegal seizures

If you go to Charity Navigator you’ll also notice that we have a four star rating!! This rating is of the highest level. We work very hard to maintain “Best Practices”. We have independent auditors every year examine our records and can guarantee to our donors their contributions are allocated and spent appropriately. We welcome you to “watch” our records closely. I know in my heart you’ll be impressed. We, a long time ago, realized that we can help a lot more horses by adhering to the “Highest Level of Financial Responsibility”.

It saddens me that people of our community are willing to pass prejudice and opinions based on “hearsay” and non-factual information. It’s even more heart wrenching that anyone in our equine community would be willing to defend the starvation and neglect of any equine, of any age. If the law did not have grave concerns for these horses well-being then they would never have called for help. The only reason I’ve been able to sleep at night is the fact that there are good hearted people that believe that starvation and neglect are not acceptable in their community. Regardless of breed, sex, age and value……….suffering is suffering, no excuses. The concerns stated below about the age of the starved horses are inaccurate too, I assure you. As professional rehabilitators we would never cause suffering of any horse or animal. We actually declined the rehabilitation of the elderly horses as we too felt it inhumane.

I thank you for the opportunity to clarify our role in this impound.

Warm Regards,

Brooke Vrany

Brooke went on to tell me that all horses were kept in their groups and were safely "moved" in their groups to 'waiting ' trailers. The media tapes clearly show that was not the case and the evidence was an injured (however not severly) older mare put in with yearling colts. She complained the horses were not age appropriately trained and yet they are moving horses to Texas for training TWO YEARS AFTER.

Angela..You already know the facts...there was never any denial that the quality of hay was not great . There was NO moldy hay located on the property.

Marsha had already put down the 6 or 7 the previous fall due to age and failure to retain weight. The same condition DEFHR stated was OLD AGE anorexia when they could not put and KEEP the weight on the horses. (after 2 years of trying)

The misrepresentation by GG and DEFHR stating this 6 or 7 or 8 year old mare is too thin (yup she was) but GG and DEFHR REFUSED to correct the age to TWENTY NINE. Guess that doesn't get the donations.

Bottom line....GG and DEFHR drink the kool-aid...only this time there truly was a poison...it was called facts and truth over who ordered the seizure, the blocking of a land sale to restrict money flow, the seizure of horses AFTER hay (top quality was delivered) and despite the Vet (non HSUS) who protested the seizure.

The paper trail given to the DA and the judge clearly shows GG and DEFHR, et al..KNEW things were amise.

Analise....why did Christine not go the the D.A. herself and clearly state..."I have been asked to falsify weight ratings on the horses we have in our care".

For someone who says...we were just doing what DEFHR and the County asked us to do...and then refuses to take down a vile blog, remove personal information with comments clearly trying to create an outrage and possible injury to a person ... and refuses to say NO to falsifying records...I think that speaks volumes about her honesty.

She wanted the money...no more...no less...

The courts had too much evidence and for a poster to state she was with Christine and they already knew...

Please prove to me that chrstine was not acting in a fraudulent manner when she did not inform the courts (DA and Judge) that she had been asked to change the weight scales on every picture?

Analise..I am sorry you could not find any information I gave you. It is all there for the looking. One of your "friends" found it on guidestar and yet...you are unable to do it...there was a post saying it was available to be viewed (making it sound like I did not have any "for me only" information..

Please prove to me that chrstine was not acting in a fraudulent manner when she did not inform the courts (DA and Judge) that she had been asked to change the weight scales on every picture?

Provide the evidence that GG was requested to downgrade the weights, as you continually spout off about. Can't, can you? Because, it's all hearsay in your head.

Fairfax,

I've looked on Guidestar, there is no 2011 tax form for GG listed there (which you complained about in this very thread). So if you found it somewhere else, I don't know where it is, but since the seizure happened in 2011, that's where any loss or gain associated with the seizure would be listed, I imagine. So I still don't know how you can say that there was or wasn't one compared to some quote you have apparently associated with Christine though you have no proof you can point to of that either.

And like butterflys5 says, please point to evidence that GG was requested to downgrade the weights. Because if they were not, that would be why Christine did not bring it up to the DA.
    The Trials and Jubilations of a Twenty-Something Re-rider
    Happy owner of Kieran the mostly-white-very-large-not-pony.

More wine, much much more wine.
    Join the Clinton 2016 campaign...Hillary For America. https://www.hillaryclinton.com/

Fairfax has a fabulous imagination.

13 members found this post helpful.

Hey, we have a party now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.
    GNU Terry Prachett

I think I'll go volunteer at Days End. That's the best response I can give to this ridiculous witch-hunt. Thanks for giving me my Lent project, Fairfax!
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
    W. C. Fields

8 members found this post helpful.

If they are willing to lie in court, over a seizure, and if they are willing to break the law, the public must be made aware and also those who were affected by them should be able to claim damages.
    IF you were so in the know, again, you would know that this case NEVER went to court. A plea deal can, and quite frequently done, outside of court. There was no finding of 'not guilty'. It was a PLEA DEAL. Quit making stuff up, Leo.

Edited to add: And the reason this came back to the Canterbury case is because you continue to post inaccurate beliefs and accusations in an on-going effort to further your agenda of bashing rescues. Just because there are people more intimately involved in this and able to call you on your made-up crud, causes you to continue to scramble and come back with more unsubstantiated finger pointing.