The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Untidy Rabbit View Post
    What? She was working with a few clients in Beaufort. Then she went to work at some SC farm with a few horses and other animals. Then she went to work in CT and stayed how long? Now she's working for a trainer, she says on coth, in Ohio.

All that in what, 2 years? And of course there was the 14 page thread on horseshowspy a few years ago where people were mentioning her, and she went onto the thread as "wait and see farm" and defended herself, without telling anyone what she was the same person as the one being critiqued. Although people caught on fast. In 14 pages of that thread, the only person defending her was her alter ego.

All you have to do is read all the old off topic posts here on coth that she's posted over the years. And maybe ask the woman, who runs a college equestrian program now in Ohio, what she did to the woman. (Information is available online at the Jasper County SC courthouse.)
    Well, isn't that special?

I lived, bred ponies, trained and showed in NE Ohio for the last 10 yrs with a decent amount of success. NE Ohio is indeed lucky to have Missy Roades training in the area. She is one of the best I have run across. JMO
    Quicksilver Farms, LLC
    "Welsh Hunter Ponies"
    Welsh Sec. B Stallions and
    Fancy Show Pony Prospects
    www.quicksilverponies.com

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by SillyHorse View Post
    Is Jeff Gogul considered a BNT? He's just a bit southeast of Cleveland.
    Jeff has a successful record both in Ohio and Wellington; I believe his client base is primarily hunters, but could be wrong on that. Though I'm no longer living in that neck of the woods, I heard that he was no longer working out of CV Hunt Club, but not sure where he is, or even if that is true.
    We don't get less brave; we get a bigger sense of self-preservation........

Jeff and Keeley Gogul are now running their Flagship Stable operation out of Maypine Farm in Willoughby, Ohio.
    Quicksilver Farms, LLC
    "Welsh Hunter Ponies"
    Welsh Sec. B Stallions and
    Fancy Show Pony Prospects
    www.quicksilverponies.com

Allow me to apologize, Missy, for having spoken the truth about you, your ability and your reputation. I have known you for decades, you were considered as one of the best up and coming by our mutual good friend Ronnie Mutch. I stand fully by my recommendation. In my opinion, ANYONE who would come on here to make a sniping nasty drive by should look at their own credentials before slamming someone with the integrity you LIVE, Missy. Its a damn craptastic world when a simple recommendation is met with such a nasty comment made by the "likes" of one Untidy Rabbit. For the record, once again, I am Sarah Hochschwender and I promise if I ever discover who the Untidy Rabbit is i will skin it.

Furthermore i hardly think that horseshowspy has a sterling reputation.

5 members found this post helpful.

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

LOL Sarah! And thank you. Wasn't Ronnie the greatest? I think of him every time I am in the ring teaching.
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

1 members found this post helpful.

Wow, guess it's time to change my user name. Not cool. I got a bunch of messages on facebook about this thread.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 222orchids View Post
    Not a huge household name but prominent enough; a very good trainer in northern Ohio (near Toledo); she has Grand Prix experience: Fox Meadow Farm. Polly Howard.
    They are just across the border in MI. I took lessons there for about a year but then relocated to CA. It was a nice facility and I was happy there.

Quote Originally Posted by tidy rabbit View Post
    Wow, guess it's time to change my user name. Not cool. I got a bunch of messages on facebook about this thread.
    No! Don't change your user name because of some idiot! We can differentiate. I have faith in us.

6 members found this post helpful.

i echo the desire to see you keep that moniker, tidy rabbit. don't let a drive by troll one up you.

It's just amazing, isn't it, that someone with no bona fides, no willingness to identify themselves and nothing useful to say can weigh in on a topic with nothing but gossip and negativity? Ah the wonders of the internet!
    Untidy's only other post here is equally negative. Where's that little red thumb when you need it?!

3 members found this post helpful.

Default Well thats just pathetic

The troll stands alone....

I have lived in SC all of my life and have shown at many shows that Missy was a judge. I have always thought highly of her opinion. While I have never had the priviledge to personally shakes hands with her, its no secret that she is well liked in the horse community in this state. So much infact that she has been asked to come back and clinic.

Some of the kindest and good natured people on this earth are caught in crappy lawsuits. I can make an educated guess as to who did the sueing. However, just because you sue someone and win doesnt make you "right" or make you a good person.
    Footnote
    Miss Money Penny
    Fuerst Class
    Monroe

I don't know MRoades personally but I do know she is very highly thought of by people I have great respect for in the horse industry. If Untidy Rabbit wants to post such negative comments then at least do so under your real name.

And Tidy Rabbit keep your screen name, there is no confusing your posts with this troll.

2 members found this post helpful.

Missy has an excellent reputation in our area (southeast Georgia). She has judged many shows in our local circuit for years and has given clinics at the farm where I ride. Both my daughter and I have ridden under her as a clinician and judge, and I have acted as announcer and sat with her while she has judged IEA shows at our farm. My experiences with her have been extremely positive; I respect her knowledge and professionalism, and riding in a clinic with her, as I did quite recently, has been a treat.
    I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

Thanks for all the support guys! I am not perfect, but I certainly do feel like I was hit by a "drive by posting" LOL I love that description!
    carolprudm

Yes we know who Tidy Rabbit is, waiting to find out who Untidy Rabbit is...lol
    carolprudm

Missy you're not just a great pro, but a truly knowledgeable horsewoman, and a kind and generous person too. I've not known you to be anything but a straight shooter and that is something I personally really appreciate.

The horse world could use more people like you! Keep on keepin' on.

Untidy needs to head back down the rabbit hole....
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

Default Fox Meadow the Howard's / Polly Howard

Grand Prix experience is minor to all the rest of what they excel at.
    The year John french won 100,000 derby finals her niece Laura Pfeiffer placed third.
    Amazing with making the average horse more than average
    Cleans up riders and makes them solid competitors.

http://www.foxmeadowhunterjumper.com/

This gives a glimpse into the 5 generation show family

@ Missy, what is the old expression? That some people's only taste of success is when they are taking a bite out of you. Don't worry, that kind of junk talk happens to everybody now and then. Most know to ignore these kind of unhappy rants.
    www.midatlanticeq.com
    Mid-Atlantic Equitation Festival,Scholarships and College Fair
    November 14-16, 2014

Default Anyone would be lucky to ride with Missy

Missy is fantastic.....we have known her for years as a fellow trainer, judge, clinician and friend and she is one of the best. Anyone who knows anything can tell you that any negative comments about Missy are uneducated gossip at best. Any rider or trainer would be fortunate to know Missy and learn from her. Come back to SC, Missy! We miss you!