The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default NHR - eBay question. WWYD?

I posted a pair of cowboy boots on eBay for auction bidding. Auction ended on 1/19 @ 300pm. I still have not been paid for these boots.

Should I contact buyer? Or wait another day?

When I bid on eBay I'm sure to pay within 1-2 days after....no longer than that.

Suggestions?

I will add, this total transaction equals less than $50.
    Last edited by PletchersMom; Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:50 AM.

Wait. You have to wait at least four days before you can open a complaint with eBay anyway.

I'm like you—I pay ASAP and make it clear to my buyers that I expect the same—but not everyone gets the memo. I've still never NOT been paid, although some people take longer anyway.

Ridge, thx for the info. I will wait 1 more day. Never thought to open a complaint with eBay. I may explore that route later on. I was going to contact seller. If she doesn't want them, they will go back up for auction and I will leave negative feedback for her.
    The other thing is, she appears to be new to eBay with only 5 reviews, but all are excellent.

I was giving her the benefit of maybe something happened that caused her to forget to pay.

I have a clause in my auction listing requesting payment within three days. On the third non-payment day, I resend the invoice, perhaps with a note, "Did this slip your mind?" After 7 non-paying days, I alert eBay, and so far, that's always resulted in immediate payment. I don't know what eBay actually does, probably threatening them with closing their account.

If their address shows that they're in an area afflicted with a big storm or other crisis, I might ask if they're affected by the event. Of course, if they're really affected, they won't be getting their email.

At any rate, you need to contact eBay so that you get your end-of-auction fees refunded.
    “Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.”
    Drew Carey

1 members found this post helpful.

I'm confused. You keep talking about contacting the seller, but aren't you the seller? Anyway, why wait? Contact them now and tell them you will ship as soon as you get paid.
    Delaware Park Canter Volunteer
    http://www.canterusa.org/

Lol. Kcmel. I meant buyer!

Thank you everyone for your input. I just re-sent the invoice.

After 4 days you can open a complaint, then you have to wait 4 days before you can relist the item. You'll get your fees back, but you won't be able to leave negative feedback once you've opened a complaint. The non-paying person will get an unpaid item strike against their account which doesn't mean a whole lot. According to the forums over there, this has been a huge issue anymore on ebay.

This happened to me 2 x when I was selling a saddle for $400. Seriously ! It was a PITA but there is nothing more you can do about it.

Has timing rules changed? I thought it was 7 days before eBay would let you file a non paying bidder report? I'll usually resend the invoice a couple of times, then after 7 days do the eBay nonpaying bidder report. If no response, cancel sale and relist.

Today is only the second business day, really, since for some it was a 3 day weekend. They may have gone out of town. I'd give the person a little more time.

We're going to close this thread as it's not horse-related.

Thanks!
    Mod 1