The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Custom Trophies and other original horse show prizes...

hi everyone,

I'm having a hard time finding a company that could make a beautiful custom trophy for an important class that we are sponsoring. Anybody has an idea where I can start looking?

Of course we don't have the budget to be giving away a "Palme d'or" like they do at the Cannes Film Festival .... but definitely looking for something nicer than the classic horse show trophy.

Also, do you have ideas or examples of original horse show prizes that you've received or that have made a special impression on you?

Your help is really appreciated! Google searches haven't helped much...

Thanks!

Amandine

We've had some stuff done here http://www.letterwerks.com/
    They had great service and suggestons. I guess a phone call to them would tell you if they can do what you need.

One of my FAVORITE horse show prizes was a small fire extinguisher. I know, I know...not terribly sexy. But great to keep in the trailer or in the car/truck. My trophies and ribbons are in boxes somewhere but I see that fire extinguisher often and it reminds me of the day we won it.
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

http://www.total-equestrian.com/ - lots of options and price points

Thanks everyone!
    I have a hard time picturing a blue Voltaire fire extinguisher but why not...

Quote Originally Posted by MILOUTE55 View Post
    Thanks everyone!
    I have a hard time picturing a blue Voltaire fire extinguisher but why not...
    I'd tote that thing around with pride. Also, it would go nicely with my truck's colors.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

I know it sounds super silly, but it sure beats my "high point" coffee mugs.
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

About then years ago I used a company from England... very good items... I will have to find their name

---

http://www.fenregistrophies.com/horse%201.asp

this link should take you to the equine stuff... other items just look at the left side tool bar and click

I believe export is not subject VAT

one of kind leather bound photo albums & etc with horses, lots of different breeds and disciplines

http://stores.ebay.com/Mac-Mountain-Tack-Repair
    the NOT!! Spoiled!! Arabian Protectavest poster pony lives on in my heart http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...pscc2a5330.jpg

not sure how much you're looking to spend, but maybe you could find a sculptor/artist able to make you a custom piece? I would see if you could find anybody on etsy that does work similar to what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by ArabDiva View Post
    not sure how much you're looking to spend, but maybe you could find a sculptor/artist able to make you a custom piece? I would see if you could find anybody on etsy that does work similar to what you want.
    oh yeah of course, Etsy is a great idea... thanks.... I was trying to quit but if it's work related I guess it's ok .
    My "favorites" list on Etsy is 31 pages (no no, not just a random exaggerated number, I actually just checked... sigh)

too bad you cannot do custom order requests anymore. I actually tried a couple of weeks ago, to order something completely different and got that answer from the Etsy team:
    "The feature that you are referencing was called Alchemy, and it was retired about a year and a half ago."
    Before I had my baby I made requests for "Le Petit Prince" custom decor items, I got great things made for his room for very reasonable prices!
    Last edited by MILOUTE55; Jan. 24, 2013 at 04:53 PM. Reason: added

I think the photo album is a great idea and so is the fire extinguisher. I love the blue stripes that Voltaire does, maybe you could incorporate those into the prize.

Here is what the AKA did for its year end :

They were nice wooden boxes with a glassed in part to put a photo and inside we're hanging photo holders or you could remove the photo storage hangers and use as keepsake box. We had brass engraved nameplates done for tem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	37560  
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Whatever you decide on, you should include some sort of horse treats. The best award I've ever gotten was a collection of an embroidered cooler and basket FULL of apples and peppermints. The cooler was something nice for me to admire, but all the treats made my horse feel like a real winner.

1 members found this post helpful.

i've always loved halters, saddle pads, coolers, exercise rugs, especially if they're embroidered with the class or division. one medal i did a couple of times also had special ordered horse treats and people treats that weren't available around us. maybe some nice saddle soap and conditioner, cute fly bonnets, polo sets, or garment bags could be other options.

Southern California - on a freeway someplace

One of our local groups got small horse statues for awards one year. I can't remember if they came with bases or they installed them on bases.

Another year we wanted a memorial trophy and I found a really neat bronze jumping horse statue on eBay and got my dad to make a wooden base. I had to be patient and wait for the right one, but it made an elegant trophy.

My favorite trophy is one that Dick and Jane Brown had made for the then-AHSA amateur dressage championships at their show at the Rancho Riding Club. But it probably wasn't cheap.
    The Evil Chem Prof

Quote Originally Posted by baref00t View Post
    The cooler was something nice for me to admire, .
    I have to smile as I see my daughter's award coolers I guess that cost about $30,000 each in horse expenses being used for the dog's bed

Quote Originally Posted by tinydragon View Post
    i've always loved halters, saddle pads, coolers, exercise rugs, especially if they're embroidered with the class or division. one medal i did a couple of times also had special ordered horse treats and people treats that weren't available around us. maybe some nice saddle soap and conditioner, cute fly bonnets, polo sets, or garment bags could be other options.

Made me think of a nice gift basket.

I got a pretty vase once. It was engraved with the show info like a ribbon. I still use that vase and it's been years since I won it. People see it and go, "1994?????. Geez, that vase is almost 20 years old

One year, champion got hand towels and first place got washcloths with the circuit's logo on them. I thought that was a unique and practical prize. Other favorite prizes were a photo album and a leather picture frame with a plate saying "[date] _____ Champion".

I'd bet Free Rein Designs could do a custom purse/belt/iPad case that would be beautiful and unique