The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Tracking down racehorses

If you ever wanted to track down an old racehorse, one that is still racing but has dropped down into obscurity, what would be the best way to go about it? There was a racehorse I used to love watching race, My Irish Girl, but now I can't find much of her at all, only results of all her races. In her last one she finished last in a claiming race at Penn National on 12/18/2012, her last workout being before that, on the 6th. Is there really any way to find out more than Equibase can tell me?

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Res...644&registry=T
    "One reason why horses are happy is because they are not trying to impress other horses."
    "Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction"

You would have to contact the owner or trainer and ask about her. If I had to guess she is under lights somewhere in Kentucky.

I have a feeling that Laurierace maybe be correct if not KY somewhere else. Did you try calling Penn for the contract information for the last trainer of record? I know the trainer that claimed her for $35,000 at Saratoga but that didn’t work out so well and was transferred to another trainer out of Finger Lakes after another poor finish at Saratoga. We have kept mares for Midwest Thoroughbreds who she was claimed from and could give a call and see if they have kept up with her. PM if you want to follow up. But she certainly isn’t a give away. On face value her pedigree and race record makes it seem like she was pretty good value as a broodmare in her last start for $15 claiming.

Im gonna guess she's being bred as well... Multiple stakes winner... Usually makes them a baby oven when they run poorly at the end of the year.. just in time to get them ready for cooking in feb/march!
    Race training and retraining Thoroughbreds.