The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Registration options...

Just wondering what my registrations options are for a warmblood/TB 8 month old filly. Sire is a full warmblood stallion (not approved) and dam a Jockey Club TB (not approved). I realise she is only eligible for a COP at most and I can get her registered CWHBA in their bottom book but wondering what my other options are. Would GOV issue a COP and put her in the bottom book or does the sire and/or dam have to be inspected with them to do so? I am registering another foal GOV later this year (first time with this registry) and since I will have already paid my membership I was wondering if this filly could be registered with them as well?
    Cindy's Warmbloods
    www.cindyswarmbloods.com Cindy's Warmbloods
    www.facebook.com/CindysWarmbloods Join Us on Facebook for latest updates!

I have a friend who has a mare by Radjah Z but from a wb mare that wasn't registered. GOV allowed them into the lowest book (not sure which) and then they can breed up....maybe that is possible in your filly's case too.
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

That is what I am hoping, I do realise she will be in the bottom book of any registry. I would just like to save on being a member of another registry if possible. However, I "think" Radjah Z was approved and neither my fillies sire or dam are so maybe she won't be able to be registered I just don't know. I guess I can e-mail them to ask but I am still waiting to hear back on my last e-mail. So maybe a phone call is in order.
    Cindy's Warmbloods

IIRC, Radjah Z was approved, which is why they would have accepted a foal from an unregistered dam for COP status. And the dam would have gone into the lowest mare book, PMBII, due to lack of provable pedigree, etc.

And I am pretty sure for a COP at least one parent has to be approved into the breeding books. Furthermore, I *believe* if the sire is non-approved, the dam has to at least be in MMB.

So my guess is they will not want to issue any papers to the offspring of an non-approved WB stallion and non-approved TB mare. Best bet is to contact Emily in the new NA office in Canada and see what she can find out for you.

I hate to say this but AWR and AWS may be your only option. Since both were not approved (sire/dam). What the sire registered with any of the registries? I can't remember.

RPSI may put her with a half brand if you can get the mare inspected. Or she may be in the lowest books when she is 3 and goes for approval for breeding.
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

I don't own the dam so getting her inspected is not an option. The stallion was registered RPSI but not approved.
    Cindy's Warmbloods

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy's Warmbloods View Post
    I don't own the dam so getting her inspected is not an option. The stallion was registered RPSI but not approved.
    Having went thru this myself with GOV last summer. They will not take your filly for papers.. If the mare cant be inspected. They may let her go in the book after she is three, but that is being approved for breeding, not registration. I tried last year with my Bugatti filly, but I had leased the mare, so did not have the option of bringing her for inspection..
    Last edited by Ibehorsepoor!; Jan. 22, 2013 at 09:52 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks, I was kind of thinking as much but wasn't sure on their policies.
    Cindy's Warmbloods