The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Exclamation Savannah, GA: 22 year old Retired Movie Star Arab Available to Excellent Home

It pains me to offer this, but financial hardship dictates I offer my old man a new home. He was set to be given to a trusted client, but that fell through last minute. This gelding has been a local and regional champion in numerous English divisions: Country, Hunter, Show Hack, Native Costume, Side Saddle, Halter and more! He is sound and in great health, but underweight still. He jumps, his teeth are in good shape and he's up to date on shots, etc...He could be used for lessons if needed, loves the trail, but I keep it to a minimum. He has earned his keep. I originally sold this horse to Rex Peterson, famous movie trainer to be in Hidalgo, then he was found by an old client at a slaughter auction, then rehabbed by a trusted colleague, who got sick in 2009. I took him then to have a forever home. Unfortunately, after an expensive divorce, custody battles and life changes, I can no longer keep him. He does well on Peanut and Coastal Hay with a Senior and 12% grain. He'd probably benefit from a gut supplement and some more fat to help pack on more pounds. Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated. I dont trust the general Craigslist community, so I am reaching out to a horse friendly forum. This horse is in Rincon, GA and I am happy to haul him for the price of fuel. Best case scenario he leaves by the enbd of January.
    Last edited by ThePeltonEquestrianExperience; Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Add location to title