The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Horze Ashley breeches?

I searched the Horze review thread and came up empty for the Ashley line. Full Seats for $28? (Yes, I know they are clarino.) And knee patch and pull-ons even less?

I don't NEED any more breeches, but these are so cheap I am tempted. I usually believe you get what you pay for, but there are exceptions! Just wondered if anybody had tried these...
    Fox Wood Farm

I personally love all of the Horze products haha and i got lucky that their size 22 breeches amazingly fit me! (I'm a very petite 5ft eventer :P) Horze tends to maintain quality despite low prices, unlike many brands.

Quite interested to hear anything on these as well... I DO need new schooling britches...

Do you mean the Active ones? I cannot find the Ashley ones. If it is the Active you mean (in the right price range) I am very, very happy with mine. And I'm tough on them...washer AND dryer.

No, Ashley. I found them on Horseloverz, not sure if they are sold anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by KitCat View Post
    No, Ashley. I found them on Horseloverz, not sure if they are sold anywhere else.
    Oh. Then those are not Horze brand. Ashley is a brand in and of itself. I have one pair, I think. Not super impressed, go with Horze instead! Same/similar price bracket, with the 50% off codes.

Default OP was confused too early in the morning!

Ya'll are right. The Ashley breeches I saw were on Horseloverz, not Horze. Guess I got confused with the Zs before having enough coffee!

No wonder my search on the Horze thread came up empty...

Now I want Horze instead! Found two I really liked with right size and color combo. Will go search the Horze thread for Silvia and Sofia!
    Fox Wood Farm

My friend bought a two pairs of those last time they were on sale & she loves them. The fabric looked nice. She got grey pinstripe and Incredible Hulk green.

Default Hated the Ashleys

I purchased several pair for around $10-$15 each back when Horseloverz was having one of their dollar days. I returned every single pair. Although the material was fair, considering the price, the fit was not. I found them to run extremely small both in the waist and in the legs with very little stretch. While I had initially been thrilled to get breeches at a fantastic price, I was majorly unimpressed due to the sizing and quickly returned them all. Perhaps if I had been able to try (much) larger sizes on in the store, I would have been able to find a pair that fit but it wasn't worth the hassle to keep shipping back and forth.

For a cheaper breech, I have been pleased with my purchase of the Active breeches from Horze. I found the sizing much more true and the pricing was great, especially with 50% off.
    Last edited by Endevor; Jan. 23, 2013 at 06:33 PM.

2 members found this post helpful.

Dover sells them, or tries to anyway, at their tent sales. They are awful. Stiff, thick fabric, weird fit, ugly colours.

I picked up 4 pairs for $10 the last time HorseLoverz had a sale and I've been happy with them. The waist runs true to size, but they are a slimmer cut. I'm 5'4" and the length is just right for me. I'm a little bit curvier (16.5" calf), so I think I would have been more comfortable ordering a size up and having more room in the leg. For $10 I am thrilled to death with them and would happily order more.