The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Dazed, I sent you a PM.

I don't have a better suggestion than to say I agree with a leggier, modern stallion, but I was posting to say LUCKY YOU. I like her. If you breed her in the future you will have to repost pictures/video with the foal.
    Siouxland Sporthorses: http://slsfarm.blogspot.com/

DIY Journey of Remodeling the Farmette: http://weownblackacre.blogspot.com/

1 members found this post helpful.

I must say I'm a little shocked at the response on this mare. I guess she is as nice as she and I think she is I was totally expecting ya'll to tear her apart.

Really appreciate all of your responses. If I go through with it there will definitely be photos to be had

tried to send you a PM, but full

Benidetto is also a great jumper!
    Linda Woltz
    www.walnut-farm.com
    standing Benidetto (Belissimo M/SPS COrdoba)

Oops, I just saw your post Linda...I will clear out my PM box for yours! Sorry about that.

My reason for bumping this up is Connaisseur. Wondering what people would think of him for this mare. He looks long legged and a little blooded, and with that pedigree wouldn't get rid of the jump either I suspect. Not approved Hano though. I wonder what my registration options would be - anyone know?

Take a look at Lemony's Nicket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x6_9ccOqKw

http://www.hanoverian-stallions-pape...-s-nicket.html

The Lauries Crusador in the bloodline is very prepotent for keeping a more refined (not too heavy) type.

Dan

I like the idea of Furstenball. I have seen him close up and schooling and he is just breathtaking and of a medium build/frame. Overall very pretty and elegant and looks to be a very talented dressage horse.

Floriscount is another I would look at for that mare if you are thinking F line.

Jazz is a good idea too if you are breeding more for top sport and if her temperament will fit?
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

You did not post the pedigree details, but if I am correct this is really a Hann bred horse, although bred in Denmark (which is not uncommon for the Danes). Weltmeyer, Wenzel and Absatz seem to be behind the sires. Definitely a nice mare for Hann dressage breeding. Stick with the Hanns, as they are 100 times more popular in this country and the pedigree is a Hann pedigree. And for me I think you need to think taller and staying elegant. Move her a bit more to the modern sporthorse side with complimentary bloodlines. Were it me, I would solicit the opinions from the German Han Verband as to a match. Perhaps get in touch with someone from Celle. They have far more knowledge about these lines and what works well on top of them than many of the posters on this site. They will see a possible future with consideration to where it has come from. Whereas many posters here are just looking at the mare at this spot in time--typical for American breeders. You have time, do your research--this mare is well worth owning and having in any Han breeding program. Good Luck
    Discipline is the Bridge between Dreams and Accomplishments

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Take a look at Lemony's Nicket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x6_9ccOqKw

http://www.hanoverian-stallions-pape...-s-nicket.html

The Lauries Crusador in the bloodline is very prepotent for keeping a more refined (not too heavy) type.

Dan
    Hmm, interesting thought. Not sure I want to do more Weltmeyer that close up. I do like the Holsteiner on the bottom side. After watching the video I feel like he is a little long and hard to compress, which would make him not the best match for this mare.

Quote Originally Posted by Donella View Post
    I like the idea of Furstenball. I have seen him close up and schooling and he is just breathtaking and of a medium build/frame. Overall very pretty and elegant and looks to be a very talented dressage horse.

Floriscount is another I would look at for that mare if you are thinking F line.

Jazz is a good idea too if you are breeding more for top sport and if her temperament will fit?
    Furstenball is lovely. Anyone here have babies by him? As is Floriscount, what a canter on him.

I don't think the Jazz temperament would suit this mare. While I don't have any aspirations of either a) riding this foal myself, or b) breeding for a lower level/amateur horse, I think the resulting foal would not be particularly easy...

Quote Originally Posted by feather river View Post
    You did not post the pedigree details, but if I am correct this is really a Hann bred horse, although bred in Denmark (which is not uncommon for the Danes). Weltmeyer, Wenzel and Absatz seem to be behind the sires. Definitely a nice mare for Hann dressage breeding. Stick with the Hanns, as they are 100 times more popular in this country and the pedigree is a Hann pedigree. And for me I think you need to think taller and staying elegant. Move her a bit more to the modern sporthorse side with complimentary bloodlines. Were it me, I would solicit the opinions from the German Han Verband as to a match. Perhaps get in touch with someone from Celle. They have far more knowledge about these lines and what works well on top of them than many of the posters on this site. They will see a possible future with consideration to where it has come from. Whereas many posters here are just looking at the mare at this spot in time--typical for American breeders. You have time, do your research--this mare is well worth owning and having in any Han breeding program. Good Luck
    She is Windfall CB x Victory x Allegro. I'll be in touch with the Verband/Celle at some point, great suggestion. She's not mine, I'd only be leasing her, but I think she's pretty worthwhile too

Thanks again for all your time/suggestions all.

Whereas many posters here are just looking at the mare at this spot in time--typical for American breeders.

What do you expect, for us to put hours of research into the breeding of a stranger's mare? Most of us just help to do a quick brainstorm to help put ideas out there, to help get the ball rolling. It's not typical American, it's typical any breeder out there posting on a public breeding forum. Go to the Horse Gate German forum, it's no different. If you think everyone here is completely clueless and useless then don't ask for advice. Clearly the OP knows otherwise.
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

3 members found this post helpful.

Whereas many posters here are just looking at the mare at this spot in time--typical for American breeders.

What do you expect, for us to put hours of research into the breeding of a stranger's mare? Most of us just help to do a quick brainstorm to help put ideas out there, to help get the ball rolling. It's not typical American, it's typical any breeder out there posting on a public breeding forum. Go to the Horse Gate German forum, it's no different. If you think everyone here is completely clueless and useless then don't ask for advice. Clearly the OP knows otherwise.
    Precisely. Just rolling around some ideas. I can't picture breeding this mare before 2014 or even 2015, no harm in getting some ideas from others who have had babies by some of the stallions suggested or similarly bred mares. I also work with a talented young trainer who has had some good ideas for her as well (and will be able to help me assess potential stallions and the resulting foal should I go through with it). It's pretty easy to see whether the people suggesting various stallions know what they're doing or not - just need to look at what their foals look like and what they've done. Not difficult

Dan I would be careful with Lemony's Nicket. You have to be pre approved in order to purchase semen. One of my mares was approved last year and at the last minute was told that the semen was no good and that I could purchase some this year. Well this year I initially thought I could purchase his semen. I was told that I couldn't use Lemony's Nicket because my mare is too old? She only aged one year since last year? I was going to use a different stallion , maybe even two, and then was told recently that no semen would be available from the stallion or stallions. Wasted tons of time and energy let alone rejection! I am going to use Dante Weltino and as the others here quite excited about him. I believe that things happen for a reason so hopefully I will get a stellar foal next Spring. Here is a pic of her 2012 colt by Hofrat. Hofrat might be one to be considered also. Used one dose so his semen is good.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	37709Click image for larger version. 

Views:	13 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	37710
    It's not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio on.”
    ? Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoonfarms View Post
    Dan I would be careful with Lemony's Nicket. You have to be pre approved in order to purchase semen. One of my mares was approved last year and at the last minute was told that the semen was no good and that I could purchase some this year. Well this year I initially thought I could purchase his semen. I was told that I couldn't use Lemony's Nicket because my mare is too old? She only aged one year since last year? I was going to use a different stallion , maybe even two, and then was told recently that no semen would be available from the stallion or stallions. Wasted tons of time and energy let alone rejection! I am going to use Dante Weltino and as the others here quite excited about him. I believe that things happen for a reason so hopefully I will get a stellar foal next Spring. Here is a pic of her 2012 colt by Hofrat. Hofrat might be one to be considered also. Used one dose so his semen is good.

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	17 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	37709Click image for larger version. 

Views:	13 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	37710
    Bluemoonfarms, sorry the Lemony's Nicket did not work out. Approved should have meant approved forever, the genetic's did not change.

I look forward to seeing a Dante Weltino foal at a future inspection.

Dan
    Last edited by Dan; Mar. 10, 2013 at 02:39 PM.

wow, someone needs more fiber in their diet. I think you have proven my point.
    Discipline is the Bridge between Dreams and Accomplishments