The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default History of the US Equestrian Team!

I am helping a dear friend with a project for school and she is doing a PowerPoint on the History of the US Equestrian Team. She has quite a few good sources (uset.org, usef.org, The US Equestrian Team Book of Riding: The First Quarter Century of the USET, Equal to the Challenge: Pioneering Women of Horse Sports, The Eighty-Dollar Champion, and The Army Equestrian Olympic Team - Louis DiMarco) but she needs a couple more and I'm not super knowledgable on the topic! Any of you history gurus willing to point us in the right direction? Thanks!!
    Nine out of ten times, you'll get it wrong...but it's that tenth time that you get it right that makes all the difference.

I am curious why the Eighy Dollar Champion is included, Snowman and Harry deLeyer were not a part of any USET team as far as I know. I think the other books you mentioned should have more than enough info for the project but you could always try contacting Jimmy Wofford. His family's connection with USET goes back to the very earliest calvary days and he is a wealth of information. He blogs and has a website too.

1 members found this post helpful.

This is her project and she wanted to include it, so we did Thanks for the tip, I will pass that on to her.
    Nine out of ten times, you'll get it wrong...but it's that tenth time that you get it right that makes all the difference.