The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Thoroughbred Owners - T.I.P. Update

In case you all haven't seen the latest update on the Thoroughbred Incentive Program:

• Over 375 horse shows approved for 2013. For a full list of participating shows, see www.tjctip.com
    • NEW for 2013: owners and riders should obtain a T.I.P. Number to show proof of eligibility at participating horse shows. Obtain a T.I.P. Number on the website.
    • Thoroughbreds that are registered with The Jockey Club or a foreign TB stud book recignized by TJC are eligible.

Full press release from yesterday: http://jockeyclub.com/mediaCenter.asp?story=597

Kristin
    http://www.facebook.com/tjctip

4 members found this post helpful.

So where's the list of the 375 TIP shows?

I just got mine his TIP number, even though none of our shows are part of the program yet....I guess for once I'm an optimist. Now you just need their JC name, which is good, b/c his tattoo is pretty darn close to undecipherable other than "yep, that's a tattoo. with a two in it."

ETA -- here is the current list of TIP shows: http://www.tjctip.com/default.asp?page=98

I'm really happy to see Area 3 shows on the list this year... last year there was a woeful lack of shows here... now lets see if I can actually get to any of them

Help. I'm trying to get TIP numbers for 2 of my TBs on the website. First I have to get an IR account (whatever that is) and in the process it is asking for my credit card, but it was suppose to be free. I'm not giving my CC# without being told what I'm being charge for or how much. What now?

Ok figured it out and both mine are good to go!
    Last edited by subk; Jan. 22, 2013 at 03:22 PM.

I am so pleased that so many Area 1 events signed up for TIP! Very much looking forward to participating in it this year!

YAY! One of our local horse trials is participating, can't wait! My guy never raced, so it's fun to still be able to show off that he's full TB!

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed that NC is looking like a holdout! Except for Tryon which is farther away than VA or SC! Sad considering we have a major CANTER MA seller here. Maybe folks are just working on that paperwork. I will tell myself that. :-)

Yay for Area 3! I've gotten a couple of our horses T.I.P. registered...now if only I can get to any of the shows.

Yay! Both Waredaca and Seneca are doing it for all their HTs this year
    I am going to be all over that
    There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.(Churchill)

Quote Originally Posted by wildlifer View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty bummed that NC is looking like a holdout! Except for Tryon which is farther away than VA or SC! Sad considering we have a major CANTER MA seller here. Maybe folks are just working on that paperwork. I will tell myself that. :-)
    Perhaps someone needs to approach CHP about this. Rumor has it things are changing up there. . .

Skimmed the show requirements briefly - do qualifying shows have to be nationally recognized (USEF/USEA)?