The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Another Chance 4 Horses 501c3 - Ripoff Report

I don't know if this has already been posted, but it's important to share. Through my connections in horse and dog rescue, I was alerted to this scam Rescue on FB.

Apparently there is another horse rescue that is allegedly scamming people for donations where most of the money isn't going to help horses. Since it was on FB, I thought it would be important to share it here too since there may be more horse people on this Forum than some of the FB group pages.

The summary of the Ripoff Report is: Another Chance 4 Horses Rescue, Inc., Christy Colleen Cipolla Sheidy, Founder, Horse Trader of the Worst Kind Ripping People Off and Exploiting Horses Behind 501c3 Status Bernville, PA. Read the Ripoff Report for some information about how this Rescue is a flipper, trader and broker, and not a legitimate rescue. Be careful if you try to deal with them, or if you are someone who donates to help save horses. This story sort of reminds me of the other scam rescue, broker in WV.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/another-...ania-02ecf.htm

Sharon
    https://www.ShopForPuppy.com
    http://www.CoolFitWear.com

I didn't write the Ripoff Report and I have no connections with them. One of my friends in Rescue alerted me to them. I'm just passing the information along. I have never dealt with Another Chance 4 Horses, and I have no knowledge of anyone who has dealt with them.

I know that she is not a fave of COTH by far. I also thought there was a mention somewhere of the article but I haven't read it until you just posted it.

Ychkkkk guess that's why her name is called Shiesty in other threads
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

Lots of threads about AC4H. She's just a broker pretending to be a rescue and a ripoff broker at that.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

1 members found this post helpful.

i am curious if anyone knows- if the horses are not bailed out, do they go to slaughter or not? if not, where do they go?

The writer of that ripoff report has written at least 25 of them under various names. She also hates 3 other equine folks, SallyMae, FreddyMac (they ripped her off by approving her for a mortgage she decided she couldn't afford later on), a host of people she never paid, etc.
    All of her rants include "and my friends agree" and all sound like a teen ranting on Facebook.

Like ac4h, hate ac4h...whatever you prefer. But this lady is a complete nutter. She has insanity all over the www.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

9 members found this post helpful.

Guess why this person *hates* ac4h and voice for horses?

http://www.examiner.com/article/chil...animal-control

Yeah...she's an animal abuser who was turned down when she tried to get horses from them. (and one other rescue she didn't list in that report but has a different report on there against them)

For extra fun, read the comments. BTW, the only one defending her is herself as Anonymous.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

5 members found this post helpful.

Well, MB, it's fitting that Ac4H, not the most upright of groups, should finally run across their own personal wackjob. More power to 'em.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    Guess why this person *hates* ac4h and voice for horses?

http://www.examiner.com/article/chil...animal-control

Yeah...she's an animal abuser who was turned down when she tried to get horses from them. (and one other rescue she didn't list in that report but has a different report on there against them)

For extra fun, read the comments. BTW, the only one defending her is herself as Anonymous.
    The Examiner is not a reliable or unbiased news source. Anyone can write and publish an article there. In this case, the article was written by Cheryl Hanna, who also happens to be Publicity and Marketing Director for AC4H. But I'm sure she was totally and completely impartial while writing it, yes? I think BOTH sides of that whole Hayseed mess have issues.

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by furlong47 View Post
    I think BOTH sides of that whole Hayseed mess have issues.
    That's saying a mouthful.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/region_...-deemed-unsafe

Google her name. The crazy...it's everywhere.

This person slamming anyone on ripoff report would be like Chanter giving legal advice.

As I said, like or hate or neutral about ac4h...the person is insane at best. IIRC she has almost triple digits of ripoff reports. She hates everyone.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

6 members found this post helpful.

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/region_...-deemed-unsafe

Google her name. The crazy...it's everywhere.

This person slamming anyone on ripoff report would be like Chanter giving legal advice.

As I said, like or hate or neutral about ac4h...the person is insane at best. IIRC she has almost triple digits of ripoff reports. She hates everyone.
    Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

5 members found this post helpful.

Thanks for the info everyone. I did a search on Another Chance 4 Horses before I posted this, but I didn't think to query AC4H.

She may be crazy but that doesn't mean she isn't right.
    Every mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground.

Proud Closet Canterer! Member Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.

3 members found this post helpful.

I slogged through most of the report before my attention wandered off, but I have to say, I see some truth in there and, IMHO, a lot of plain ol' nutter, too.
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

I know someone with a mare they got from AC4H last spring, who supposedly had the mare in their custody for at least a few months, and lo and behold the mare is due to foal soon. Sounds like she could be bred to a mustang!
    Last edited by cutter99; Jan. 22, 2013 at 04:49 PM.

I have dealt with AC4H before and never had a problem.

I am sure there is the potential for problems and/or dislike of what she does, but the way I see it she is able to help more horses by marketing this way. If she bailed and pulled horses directly, the cost would limit how many she could help. by marketing the horses on the kill lot without personally bailing them out, she can get a lot more exposed to potential adopters.
    Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.
    Bernard M. Baruch

i just bought a horse thru the broker program. ( like last week). And i had never heard of this rescue before. a friend saw the horse and posted to me on FB. Since i have purchased him, i have been reading a lot of negative stuff. So far, my experience has been fine. my horse is not home yet, he is in a quarantine barn, a very clean place. we went to visit him and he is exactly what i was told he was. after another week, he can get his vaccinations and health cert. then i can bring him home. I won't feel safe until he's at the stable up here, but i have not had a problem SO FAR.

2 members found this post helpful.

Well, I was a sucker and rescued one from here. he was a walking vet bill when he came and then a stinker when I tried to ride him. But, my goal was to rescue a horse, and I did. He is now the spoiled rotten Prince of a woman who used to work for me.

3 members found this post helpful.

Now I would like to read that fairy tale!
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"