The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Schumacher breeches?

Does anyone know if George Schumacher is still in business, making their lovely fullseats and other breeches? They are my faves of all time, bought these days mostly on e-Bay. Enough of them are sold "New w/tags" to make me wonder if the company is still around, but nobody carries them new in tack stores around here--everything's Pikeur and Fits.

Anyone know the story?

Thanks!

Apparently not ...

http://www.dressagestar.com/Clothing...acher-breeches.

I remember several years ago something about Trainer's Choice buying the Schumacher clothing brand/line.
    *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=
    Dressage becomes art when it is a joy for the horse. -KBH

Mighty Thoroughbred Clique Now on Facebook ... ... show the loff

I tried to find them online about a year ago, because I like my old breeches so much. Like you I only found them on ebay.

Thanks for the info, confirming my suspicions. I'm finding it's hard to even find the traditionally-made "full leather seat" breeches; all the new ones seem to be "Clarino" which is NOT the same thing. I guess (a) the mfr.'s wanted to cheapen up production and (b) riders found the care of genuine leather breeches too inconvenient and that's why they changed.

Older Kentucky's and Euro-Star's were wonderful, too . . . sigh.

I have a pair of white full seats that I bought from them a few years ago. They are the most opaque white breeches I've ever seen - you could wear dark underwear in a rainstorm and still be ok.

They don't fit me well though, so they're in the back of the closet for the foreseeable future.
    The plural of anecdote is not data

You can order Eurofit Breeches with full leather seats and custom options.

Just to let everybody know, there are scads, and I mean SCADS, of the gorgeous high-end brands on E-Bay going for peanuts in sizes for the SMALLER girls--most common sizes seems to be 26 and 28, some 24's as well. 30R and 30L popular, too. Search by brand name and you'll be amazed; many are being sold "new with tags" and have never been worn.

Happy Hunting!