The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Experience with KWPN stallion Zeoliet?

I have started to make final decisions with my breeding plans this year, and I'm wondering if any of you have any experience breeding with the KWPN stallion Zeoliet by Ramiro? The mare I want to breed him to is by Karandasj. However, I am worried because she is a big-bodied, old fashioned mare and Zeoliet looks to be big-bodied himself... but I had a gelding by Zeoliet and he was a very nice type. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Just put the saying here in the Netherlands through the translator from Dutch to English:

Zeoliet geeft verdriet

"Zeolite indicates sadness"

Really Harrie?

1 members found this post helpful.

Zeoliet was very, very old style. I've only seen a couple offspring, but they were very big-boned, shorter of leg.

I've also heard there were some, ahem, "temperament issues" with Zeoliet offspring...

However he certainly had many offspring around, so he couldn't have been all bad.

Zeoliet is a Keur stallion, so he must have been a decent producer. I would expect he may be better for a more modern mare, but there is lots of information out there on him.

The person to ask is Scott Tolman of Shooting Star Farm. If I am not mistaken, he leased him here in the US and it was with him that he unfortunately had an accident that broke his leg. Scott will be glad to give you advice.
    Sakura Hill Farm
    Now on Facebook

Young and developing horses for A-circuit jumper and hunter rings.

3 members found this post helpful.

We have a mare by Zeoliet and she is a big boned, long legged older type WB but she produces more modern type offspring when bred to the right stallion.

If you don't mind, what is your mare's name ? Feel free to PM me if you would like. There was a nice Karandasj mare that was bred to my stallion over in Holland and the offspring has done well in the jumper ring over there. I found out that mare was imported over to the USA so I would be interested if you now have that mare. If so, I have photos and video of the gelding out of that mare. So even if it is not the same mare I would be happy to provide you with the links to see an offspring out of a Karandasj mare.
    Richard, Approved Black KWPN Stallion
    Website
    and Facebook page
    Oh Kaptain Underpants SFS, Approved BRp pony stallion
    Website and Facebook page

Our mare's name is Sarenia O and you can see her at our website:
    www.MistyMeadowsHorseFarm.com. She is one of our broodmares.

A friend of mine tried his frozen semen and did not get a pregnancy. (I believe the mare was older though. She did catch no problem with fresh cooled semen from another stallion). I believe Zeoliet is EVA positive, but Scot would be the one to ask for sure.

I rode a gelding for a bit as a favor to a friend. He was purchased by a woman that wanted to learn how to jump but this gelding was too much horse for her. He was quite cheeky and would test folks on the ground and in the tack. Once he figured out you could not be buffaloed he would actually work nicely. The more you asked the better he was. Good jumper, lovely mover but not for the inexperienced. His breeding was Zeoliet/Wellington/Amor and has a full sister that is a elite mare. I do know his full sister was bred to Flemmingh as that horse was purchased as a foal by a friend of mine. He was gigantic at 17.2 as a 2 yr old and old style.
    "Sometimes you just have to shut up and color."

Interestingly, several of the approved Zeoliet stallions are from Lucky Boy mares...

There is a teenage Zeoliet gelding in one of our local dressage barns. I can find photos for you and his pedigree if you want.

"Zeoliet geeft verdriet "

One of my girlfriends from Holland used to say this too about Zeoliet (Zeoliet makes tears.) It was more translated that a Zeoliet will make his owner cry. Not a flattering little rhyme.

Another girlfriend had a Zeoliet gelding and he was a sweet horse. He did have a very cold back and a big buck. He could also be kind of a bully if you didn't take charge, but then was overall a good boy.