The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Would it be really odd

So I got a gelding on Thurs. off the track from a trainer who hadn't had him long but the gelding was out of races. He's a lovely horse, a real gentleman, with great manners and you can tell he was treated right. Would it be odd, to write to his previous (big named trainer) and let him know I ended up with him and I appreciate how well he was obviously cared for.

His original trainer had him from age 2-5 when he lost him to a claim. This trainer is, from what I gather, a bigger named trainer, so he may not even remember him at all.

I don't think it would be odd at all. He'd likely love to hear how the horse is doing

1 members found this post helpful.

Can't hurt!!
    ~Buy an OTTB, Save a Life, Gain a Forever Bond.~
    Let's say NO to Kill Buyers

I would be thrilled to death if a new owner of one of my past horses did that!

Nope, wouldnt be odd at all. Plus, most trainers remember their horses, they see them every day and manage all aspects of their care for the time they are with them. Congrats on your new boy and good luck!

If someone had him from 2-5 they will remember him for sure. I love hearing how my old horses are doing