The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Custom Saddle Pad to honor friend

I recently got an 11 year old OTTB dark bay mare through a friend, and that friend had cancer. He has finished his treatments, and I would like to honor him by having a saddle pad customized, and possible boots or wraps, that say something to the effect of:
    "In honor of _________
    Diagnosed: ______
    Cancer-Free: _______ "

Of course I'd fill in the blanks, I just would like to keep him anonymous, although he has been very kind and nice to me and my family. This man is giving me another horse of his, whom has injured himself and will be on pasture rest on my farm for about 6 months to heal from a Saucer Fracture (See the other forum where I asked about how I can help him heal, please)

My question is this: Where could I get a saddle pad customized like this? I don't really have any idea, I've seen them like this before, but in remembrance of someone.
    I look up to this man and would really like to honor him when I compete with these two horses eventually!!

Thanks!!

TBHJ
    ~Buy an OTTB, Save a Life, Gain a Forever Bond.~
    Let's say NO to Kill Buyers

Try Unique Saddle Pads. The website is www.uniquesaddlepads.com They have wonderful customer service. Great quality pads and they will do anything, so just email them what you want. I recently emailed them an image for my son's pad and they had a mock up back in no time and the finished product was beautiful. That was the 4th pad we ordered from them and I have been thrilled with all 4.

Thanks so much!! I'll definitely look into it!! It would mean a lot to me if I could get them to make this for me!
    ~Buy an OTTB, Save a Life, Gain a Forever Bond.~
    Let's say NO to Kill Buyers

Custom Equestrian Collections also has some nice looking designs - I like that you could have the TB logo included

Finally...back in civilization, more or less

It is very kind of you to want to honor your friend! But I would gently suggest being cautious about the design you are considering. As a cancer survivor, I can tell you that folks who have had cancer can be sensitive about publishing that sort of info. Others may feel it is tempting fate to say, "cancer free" or just want to put it all behind them.

I am *NOT* suggesting you shouldn't find a way to honor your friend, but I would gently suggest you consider finding a more ... er, discreet? way to do so. Perhaps you could come up with a graphic or something that would be meaningful??
    We move pretty fast for some rabid garden snails.
    -PaulaEdwina

2 members found this post helpful.

Yeah, I wouldn't be doing that without letting your friend know and giving him the opportunity to say "yea" or "nay". And maybe ask him for a suggestion as to how you could express your gratitude in another way if he's not OK with the pad?
    Click here before you buy.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucassb View Post
    It is very kind of you to want to honor your friend! But I would gently suggest being cautious about the design you are considering. As a cancer survivor, I can tell you that folks who have had cancer can be sensitive about publishing that sort of info. Others may feel it is tempting fate to say, "cancer free" or just want to put it all behind them.

I am *NOT* suggesting you shouldn't find a way to honor your friend, but I would gently suggest you consider finding a more ... er, discreet? way to do so. Perhaps you could come up with a graphic or something that would be meaningful??
    THIS!! Totally agree. How about a nice "ribbon" or other graphic.
    The rebel in the grey shirt