The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Quote Originally Posted by The Preacher View Post
    Hello Everybody

I used to post on this thread several years ago, but now I kinda hang out in the Off Course Barn.....
    You know, I saw that video posted earlier and I thought I want to know who that young woman is and what she's doing now. I bet she's really interesting.

And you are!!
    Last edited by ellebeaux; Jan. 24, 2013 at 06:19 PM. Reason: ooops, guess I meant your wife?!

Quote Originally Posted by ellebeaux View Post
    You know, I saw that video posted earlier and I thought I want to know who that young woman is and what she's doing now. I bet she's really interesting.

And you are!!
    The young woman is the Preachers daughter and she was a teenager at the time. Very brave.

Please support the reintroduction of h.r. 6388 if you are against the BL! Write to your Congress person or go here https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/112/hr6388 and click reintroduce!
    Please support S. 1406 to amend the Horse Protection Act and Prevent all Soring Tactics to the Tennessee Walking horse!
    https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/s1406

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by RedmondDressage View Post
    Interestingly many (most?) of the young horse winners do not make it to the highest levels of our sport. Most FEI trainers I know cross those types of big movers off of their list when buying prospects. They want floaty but medium sized movers who are built nice and uphill. The gaits they will develop with correct training. This makes me wonder if we won't see the young horse judging evolve to reward the qualities you have mentioned above over time. If the goal is to produce sporthorses that reach the highest level of our discipline I would imagine that it will. If the goal becomes producing flashy horses strictly for the YH classes then obviously it won't. I hope that with time we see the former rather than the latter.
    I really hope so too! In the meantime we seem to have many people confused between huge moving young horses which they can't train or ride and the desire to advance through dressage levels through quality training.

Quote Originally Posted by Bats79 View Post
    I really hope so too! In the meantime we seem to have many people confused between huge moving young horses which they can't train or ride and the desire to advance through dressage levels through quality training.
    You mean, like Totilas?

A helmet saved my life.

2014 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!