The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Fake Global Dressage Forum.

Do you think these folks; http://www.globaldressageforumna.com/
    are;

1) Lacking the imagination to select their own unique name ?
    or
    2) Shamelessly trying to exploit somebody else's hard work ?

Badly done folks.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

1 members found this post helpful.

This is Joep Bartels opinion - class act IMO

Being asked about the Florida Global Forum, Joep Bartels, who is the GDF organiser since 2001 and a fellow board member of the new founded umbrella Global Dressage Foundation, commented as follows: "We don't object to a North American initiative or whatever initiative. We even have set the goal and aim to open up possibilities to spread over the world and to vary in the place to held the Global Dressage Forum. Apart from this, it is always great when clinics and seminars increase the knowledge about our sport. I even like to add that the organiser of the new Florida Forum and myself have talked for some time about a possible cooperation. To have another Global Dressage Forum in three months' time without the involvement of our Foundation and program committee, is not our idea however. It is hard enough to get all stakeholders to one yearly meeting in the world to discuss training methods and developments. Unfortunately the organisers in Florida went their own way, copied not only the title of the GDF but most of the program too, which I sincerely regret", said Bartels.

It looks like the original Global Dressage Forum, which operates under an independent umbrella created by all stakeholders in dressage, is copied now by a commercial American initiative using its title and goodwill. It seems strange that no further action is taken by the original Global Dressage Forum and its stakeholders to prevent the North American organisers to go ahead and to protect the GDF. Joep Bartels concludes: "We have too much arguments in the world already. I think it's up to our audiences to decide. I hope in the end the Global Dressage Foundation will prove its strength and will prove to be the one and only as it is already, looking to our history."

Perfectly said, Mr. Bartels.

It will be interesting to hear the other side's response.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

Ours will be better -- none of the dreaded role-cure nobody beating their horse with a broom:

http://www.globaldressageforum.com/m...47575f6ed8.jpg

What a very intelligent contribution ^
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Well... I think of these things as an upscale 'Equine Affair.' So if there's enough interest to have more than one, then of course someone is going to have another one.

Not everyone can get to Europe for the first, most imperial, high, holy and righteous 'forum.' So maybe this second one is more accessible to the lower life forms. Unless they copywrited/patented/WTFever the original name/concept, then I suppose anyone can have a 'global' dressage hoedown.

I hear the Parelli's are having themselves a shin-dig in February.

Looks like FL is gonna be a hot, happening petri dish of trans-orbital, classical, dippity-do. Yippee!!

2 members found this post helpful.

I don't understand. It's a sham? Those people in the event -Steffen Peters, Arthur Kottas, etc, aren't going to be having symposia?

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

Sounds like a pretty good program...great speakers/presenters/clinicians....and ANYONE can attend...agenda sounds pretty interesting.

Day 1: Afternoon Program
    Monday January 28, 2013

1:30 pm
    Andreas Stano – Founder & Producer – Welcome GDFNA
    Noreen O’Sullivan — Organizer – Wellington Classic
    George Williams – USDF President — USDF Update on U.S. Dressage

2:00 pm Lecture Presentation by Dr. Juan Samper
    Developments in Breeding the Dressage Horse

2:45 pm Getting to Know Steffen Peters
    A Face to Face Discussion with Steffen Peters about his theories, philosophies and methods on the training & development of dressage Horses & Riders

3:15 pm Dressage Training Presentation by Steffen Peters
    Speech by Steffen Peters – Training the Advanced Dressage Horse
    Arena Demonstration by Steffen Peters Riding & Lecturing
    Interactive Debate by Steffen Peters and Panel Members
    Panel Members:
    Christoph Hess, Stephen Clark, Wim Ernes, Gary Rockwell, Lendon Gray, Sue Blinks

5:15 pm Welcome Dinner Reception, Shopping, Fun

Day 1: Evening Program
    Monday January 28, 2013

7:00 pm A Lecture by Grant Moon: 6 Time World Champion Farrier
    A Lecture Presentation by Mr. Grant Moon Shoeing of the Competitive Dressage Horse

7:45 pm Work in Hand Demonstration by Arthur Kottas
    Arena Demonstration with Arthur Kottas Work in Hand
    Interactive Debate by Arthur Kottas and Panel Members
    Panel Members:
    Anne Gribbons, Kathy Connelly, Betsy Steiner, Leslie Reid, Jan Ebeling, Felicitas von Neumann

9: 00pm Getting to Know Rudolf Zeilinger
    A Face to Face discussion with Rudolf Zeilinger about his theories, philosophies and methods on the training & development of dressage Horses & Riders

9:15 pm Dressage Training Presentation by Rudolf Zeilinger
    Speech by Rudolf Zeilinger – Development of the Dressage Horse
    Arena Demonstration with Rudolf Zeilinger Riding & Lecturing Interactive Debate by Rudolf Zeilinger and Panel Members
    Panel Members:
    Anne Gribbons, Kathy Connelly, Betsy Steiner, Leslie Reid, Jan Ebeling, Felicitas von Neumann

10:30 pm Closing of the Evening Program

Day 2: Afternoon Program
    Tuesday January 29, 2013

1:00 pm Lecture Presentation by Ina Gosmeier:
    Accupuncture for the Sport Horse

2:00 pm Long Line Demonstration by Bo Jena
    Speech by Bo Jenna on the Art of Lunging on Long Lines Arena Demonstration with Bo Jena Double Long Lines Interactive Debate by Bo Jena and Panel Members
    Panel Members:
    Anne Gribbons, Kathy Connelly, Betsy Steiner, Leslie Reid, Jan Ebeling, Felicitas von Neumann-Cosel

3:30pm Getting to know Ingrid Klimke
    A Face to Face discussion with Ingrid Klimke about her theories, philosophies and methods on the training & development of dressage Horses & Riders

4:00 pm Dressage Training Demonstration by Ingrid Klimke
    Speech by Ingrid Klimke Training the Young Horse Arena Demonstration with Ingrid Klimke Riding & Lecturing Interactive Debate by Ingrid Klimke and Panel Members
    Panel Members:
    Anne Gribbons, Kathy Connelly, Betsy Steiner, Leslie Reid, Jan Ebeling, Felicitas von Neumann-Cosel

5:30 Dinner Reception: Meet the Riders and Panel Members

Day 2: Evening Program`
    7:00 pm Lecture Presentation by Hilary Clayton
    Maintaining Soundness for the Dressage Horse

7:45 pm Presentation of the GDFNA Life Time Dressage Recognition Award to Mr Klaus Balkenhol

8:00 pm Getting to Know Wolfram Wittig
    A Face to Face discussion with Wolfram Wittig about his theories, philosophies and methods on the training & development of dressage Horses & Riders

8:15 pm Dressage Training Presentation by Wolfram Wittig
    Speech by Wolfram Wittig – Development of the Dressage Horse Arena Demonstration with Wolfram Wittig Interactive Debate by Wolfram Wittig and Panel Members
    Panel Members:
    Christoph Hess, Stephen Clark, Wim Ernes, Gary Rockwell, Lendon Gray, Sue Blinks
    Do not confuse motion and progress. A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress.
    Alfred A. Montapert

Probably better than the one Linda Parelli is hosting
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by pluvinel View Post
    Sounds like a pretty good program...great speakers/presenters/clinicians....and ANYONE can attend...
    Anyone can attend the GDF in the Netherlands too. Mr. Bartels makes a good point - while he supports the concept of the U.S GDF, the organizers seem to have taken his idea and run with it. At least they could have called it something else, or partnered with him.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

I wasn't aware of any controversy until this post. I assumed the GDFNA was the version of the GDF for the Americas. I guess if the original group didn't anticipate the need, it's a good thing the American group did and I bet it will be highly attended.

The OP's message that it was fake made me think of something nefarious and underhanded.

Paula

3 members found this post helpful.

It is pretty low rent to 'borrow' the name and the awareness of the name and just say oh we'll borrow it for a bit, pretend (and trick) people into thinking we're affiliated with the 'real thing'.

Tacky, really.

4 members found this post helpful.

Very interesting. I do think that the umbrella phrase "GLOBAL dressage forum" should actually apply to the globe, not just Europe. Europeans are generally featured in the "Global Dressage Forum". While I understand what Joep is saying, he doesn't have a corner on the globe. Just Europe.
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Lu View Post
    While I understand what Joep is saying, he doesn't have a corner on the globe. Just Europe.
    Yeah but.... professional courtesy says you call the US version something else.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

Quote Originally Posted by LarkspurCO View Post
    Ours will be better -- none of the dreaded role-cure nobody beating their horse with a broom:

http://www.globaldressageforum.com/m...47575f6ed8.jpg
    Do you really think he was actually beating the horse with the broom?

Quote Originally Posted by Mardi View Post
    Yeah but.... professional courtesy says you call the US version something else.
    I see your point, but I also think in business someone always tries to do what you're doing, better, for cheaper, etc. So to me, it's like they saw a need and filled it. Using GDF makes them recognizable, and unless the name is copyrighted it's fair game. Professional courtesy is fine, but apparently what they did was very good business.

1. They're having some really cool speakers
    2. They're playing just after the USDF, but
    3. They're open to everybody, not just trainers.

Heck of a coup actually.
    Paula

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine View Post
    It is pretty low rent to 'borrow' the name and the awareness of the name and just say oh we'll borrow it for a bit, pretend (and trick) people into thinking we're affiliated with the 'real thing'.

Tacky, really.
    Heck, we have a REGISTRY operating here that is using the name and logo of a major European registry. And plenty of folks seem to think that is okay. (Yes, it used to be affiliated with the European registry, but it operated under license from that registry. License expired, European registry elected to not renew it, NA registry kept the name and logo anyway, and trademarked the logo in its own name.)

As for the GBF in FL - per Joep Bartels statement, he and Andreas Stano had talked for some time about doing a similar forum in FL, but there were difficulties in getting it organized, and getting all the players together again - and in NA - so soon after the European forum. Perhaps when Joep mentioned the organizational hurdles, Andreas decided to forge ahead with the organization duties himself (along with Noreen O'Sullivan).

I agree they probably should have named it something else, but will also point out there are quite a few Europeans involved - Ingrid Klimke, Wolfram Wittig, Rudolf Zeilinger, Christoph Hess, Stephen Clark, Wim Ernes. So yes, it has an international flavor. Maybe they should have named it "International Dressage Forum" instead.

Whatever the name, it seems it will be a good educational opportunity for North Americans who are not going to spend the money and time to go to Europe. So I will thank Andreas and Noreen for bringing this concept to America.

The US bunch may be putting a good show - but they have made it look really flakey by usurping the name and reputation that does not belong to them. It's a common thing to do in the US - doesn't make it right.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    Do you really think he was actually beating the horse with the broom?
    Isn't that what all the great European trainers do?

I think it's going to be amazing, all of the trainers are the best of the best, Dr Samper is probably the best therio in the world, Dr Hilary Clayton ect. How can any dressage rider or breeder NOT want to go? I bought my tickets
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.