The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Rhino blankets

Good morning,

I found a good deal online for a heavyweight Rhino blanket. Does anyone know if they fit true to size like the Amigos or are they a larger fit like the Rambos?

No one I know currently has a Rhino blanket so I am hoping someone on here will know.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
    Good morning,

I found a good deal online for a heavyweight Rhino blanket. Does anyone know if they fit true to size like the Amigos or are they a larger fit like the Rambos?

No one I know currently has a Rhino blanket so I am hoping someone on here will know.

Thanks!
    You might call this shop, I've found her very helpful & always focused on matching client with the correct blanket rather than just making a sale.

1 members found this post helpful.

Awesome Alto, I have never heard of this shop but will be calling her for sure. Thanks.

Which blanket? Some fit to size and some are big. Post the model and colour and I can help - I have like 10 of these lol

The Rhino Plus heavyweight. http://www.wiltontack.com/product_in...g-plus-p-13854

My mare is a 78 in Weathabeeta and an 80 in Greenhawk Shedrow brand.

The Rhino Plus heavyweight. http://www.wiltontack.com/product_in...g-plus-p-13854

I've found WIlton very helpful as well - nice people
    Also factor in your shipping costs, especially if you end up needing to do a return.

Greenhawk blankets can be all over the map, so I'd not use them as a fit "standard"

(note that when you're googling to find sales, there are loads of tack shops that don't pay (Google) so it's worth your time to search the individual sites, also sometimes, a call will find a blanket in a backroom)

This shop is also excellent - I know they had some Wug's in their spring sale which may still be available at the discount price)

You might also look at the Amigo Bravo (new version with the liner attachments) system that utilizes the liners ... we did this with one horse last year, & were very pleased with the system - of course he's completely outgrown everything

This one I think (though we paid less at a local shop)

Yay for Wilton - BTW they price match so if you find a better price - let them know!

This will fit large

Thanks Alto and Jealoushe. Good to know its a larger fitting blanket. I have had really good service from Wilton in the past, plus I like the purple!

An 84" Rhino fits my mare perfectly. They run true to size, it's the Rambo line that runs large.

My pony has a 66 Rambo Plus, a 66 Rhino Wug and a 66 Amigo. So I'd say the size would be the same. That said, my Rhino is my least favorite. It doesn't stay straight and it has a shorter drop than the other two.

So after speaking to the folks at Wilton they said the Rhino Heavyweight fits large like a Rambo. I currently have a Rambo protector flysheet in a 78 that fits well so I ordered the same size. Currently -24 here consistently over the past few days so hoping it fits once it gets here!